HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Forsberg?

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2009, 09:05 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
i thought were were done chasing aging superstars who are long past their prime. add to that our past track record with reclamation projects and i think this is a silly idea at best.

this forsberg is but a shell of the forsberg i remember.

keep prospal- our most productive puck distributer at 1c.

just give arty more ice as our 2c. hes earned it.

make brandon "wayoverrated" dubinsky our 3c

force capt cash to the wing on dubis line

and give boyle the 4c spot

and be done with it.

pass. on. forsberg.

Old
11-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Prospal Forsberg Gaborik
Drury Dubinsky Callahan
Avery Anisimov Kotalik
Higgins Boyle Byers

Lisin, Brashear

you could also send Byers back down and use Lisin on that 4th line to give yourself a legit scoring threat there.

Old
11-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
If you can make the room without gutting the team you GO FOR IT.
Maybe we could deal like a Chris Higgins for example for like a Todd Marchant for example to make room for Forsberg?

I am speculating that Forsberg have let a handful of teams know that he is interested in going to them. I would bet that Washington and Colorado is two of them. Philly could be another. And we could be one.

Old
11-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Do watch the games? Honestly.... Where do you get off saying that?

1. Prospal has hands down been the best bang for the buck signing this offseason... hes 3rd in entire league in assists and he's got 18 points in 15 games, good for the top ten in the league. Sorry, man but putting him in that group is absurd.

2. Anisimov is a rookie and hes getting more comfortable with each game. You have to let the kids get some minutes. Anisimov has been good with the time hes gotten and he hasnt been a detriment to the team by any means, so again, not sure where you are coming from with that statement.

3. Dubinsky hasnt been consistent but hes another young guy. 9 points isnt terrible, hes on pace for about a 50 point season, but im sure that will start to creep up, besides... whos ice time are you cutting out when Forsberg comes in? and more importantly what are you paying him? If you check the cap situation the Rangers have about 700K space.

If you want to talk about him being a depth winger than ok, but center? no. He could fill in there if there were injuries. Not sure the guy would sign for so little either. Besides, why waste the time when hes just going to play 4 games and get put on the shelf again?
Drurys!---He can play 4th line wing for all i care

Old
11-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Shake and Bake

Will people really complain if they dump Higgins' contract and use that money to sign Frosberg?

I mean, really?

Why the hell not- why wouldnt we do that. Its worth the risk. We would be lucky to have Forsberg WANT to play for us for reasonable money.

Its clearly worth the risk, even if (when?) he gets hurt.

Closed Thread