Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

WHL Officially the most hated league by rest of Canada

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2004, 10:14 PM
goteam

vCash: 500
WHL Officially the most hated league by rest of Canada

The discussion has been going on for years about the talent pool in each junior league in Canada. But as the nominations to the selection camp for the Canadian entry in the World Junior Championship indicate, this year the WHL is tops.

Here's who each player is from the WHL (fans of each WHL team and player are encouraged to make comments on the type of player each one is):

Goalies
Rejean Beauchemin - Prince Albert Raiders
Devan Dubnyk - Kamloops Blazers
Jeff Glass - Kootenay Ice
Kevin Nastiuk - Medicine Hat Tigers

Defencemen
Cam Barker - Medicine Hat Tigers
Shawn Belle - Tri-City Americans
Braydon Coburn - Portland Winterhawks
Mike Green - Saskatoon Blades
Dion Phaneuf - Red Deer Rebels
Brent Seabrook - Lethbridge Hurricanes
Shea Weber - Kelowna Rockets

Forwards
Dustin Boyd - Moose Jaw Warriors
Jeremy Colliton - Prince Albert Raiders
Nigel Dawes - Kootenay Ice
Eric Fehr - Brandon Wheat Kings
Colin Fraser - Red Deer Rebels
Ryan Getzlaf - Calgary Hitmen
Andrew Ladd - Calgary Hitmen
Clarke MacArthur - Medicine Hat Tigers
Stefan Meyer - Medicine Hat Tigers
Ryan Stone - Brandon Wheat Kings

Old
12-06-2004, 11:05 PM
saskhab

Mike Green SHOULD be a lock for this team, but for some reason he's being described as on the bubble, either #7 or #8. That's what you get for a deep d corps. A smooth skating d-man who works his butt off, makes tape-to-tape passes and joins the rush. Below average shot for a player of his skill, but he reads the play as well as any d-man in the WHL. Can play physical, and is a good leader. If Shawn Belle continues to struggle, Green will fill his role more than admirably. Only Dion Phaneuf has been better in the WHL this year.

Old
12-07-2004, 03:31 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
Mike Green SHOULD be a lock for this team, but for some reason he's being described as on the bubble, either #7 or #8. That's what you get for a deep d corps. A smooth skating d-man who works his butt off, makes tape-to-tape passes and joins the rush. Below average shot for a player of his skill, but he reads the play as well as any d-man in the WHL. Can play physical, and is a good leader. If Shawn Belle continues to struggle, Green will fill his role more than admirably. Only Dion Phaneuf has been better in the WHL this year.

A guy by the name of Cam Barker has been much better than Green so far this year!
I am a big Mike Green fan as well but Barker has way out played him. I do agree that Phaneuf is the best in the WHL so far and best in the CHL as well...although I may be biased....I look for another dominant performance from Dion This year at the worlds.

Old
12-07-2004, 08:55 AM
Upchuck19

Unless someone plays their way off the defense, there is only one job opening for the seventh job. The returning four defensemen, Barker, Weber are locked.

Old
12-07-2004, 09:17 AM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
A guy by the name of Cam Barker has been much better than Green so far this year!
I am a big Mike Green fan as well but Barker has way out played him. I do agree that Phaneuf is the best in the WHL so far and best in the CHL as well...although I may be biased....I look for another dominant performance from Dion This year at the worlds.
Green is a +17 ahead of Barker. 5 on 5, it goes Phaneuf, then Green. Green plays 35+ minutes a night and hardly ever breaks down. Barker being +9 on Medicine Hat is kind of weak, actually, when you consider he's a PPG player on the WHL's top defensive team.

But like I said, if the top 6 is a lock, than Green should easily be #7.

Closed Thread