HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#16 - 11.03.09 | New York Rangers @ Vancouver Canucks | 10:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
11-04-2009, 03:15 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I posted in a different thread that he had the exact same numbers through 13 games last year. Not sure what he was at through 15 but it's obviously going to be close.
Yes, but in his two years with the Rangers he's had 20 power play goals and 27 power play assists.

Unless he's on the PP he'll probably get less than 40 points this season.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 03:19 PM
McMonster

did anybody else fall asleep in the 2nd intermission and miss the entire 3rd period? haha

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 03:26 PM
AJRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead71 View Post
did anybody else fall asleep in the 2nd intermission and miss the entire 3rd period? haha
Yup, my excuse was it being 4:30am.

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Chimp

I am so relieved I chose not to stay/ wake up to watch the cluster**** that was yesterday's game. I would've gone berserk to watch the Rangers get schooled by the VAN B-team. Seriously... how embarrassing, aggravating and frustrating. Backup goaltender... defensemen as forwards. Key players injured. Aaaargh how the... I miss words.

How is it that this team is transformed into drunken hampsters as soon as we see an orca logo? Wait... how is it that we are regularly transformed into drunken hampsters? I guess we follow the example of our captain...

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I am so relieved I chose not to stay/ wake up to watch the cluster**** that was yesterday's game. I would've gone berserk to watch the Rangers get schooled by the VAN B-team. Seriously... how embarrassing, aggravating and frustrating. Backup goaltender... defensemen as forwards. Key players injured. Aaaargh how the... I miss words.

How is it that this team is transformed into drunken hampsters as soon as we see an orca logo? Wait... how is it that we are regularly transformed into drunken hampsters? I guess we follow the example of our captain...
Yes everything bad in Rangerland is directly because of one Mr. Christopher Drury. No doubt, its all on him, all of it.

When lifes got ya down, blame Chris Drury.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Nick00

"50 point" Drury is currently on pace for 30 points this season, so the 50 number being thrown around is just wishful thinking at this point.
What an incredible decline from the 65-70pt seasons in Buffalo.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yes everything bad in Rangerland is directly because of one Mr. Christopher Drury. No doubt, its all on him, all of it.

When lifes got ya down, blame Chris Drury.
Certainly not all of it, but he's a big factor, for so many reasons. There are obviously some other names too though, Rosie deserves a mention. My god he finds new ways to suck every game.

Last edited by Chimp: 11-04-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 05:13 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Higher salary=higher expectations.

higher expectations=higher scrutiny

I hate it when people say "don't look at the salary!" Baloney. You're damn right you look at the salary. I own my own company, if i have an employee who is being paid more money, i hold him to a higher standard than the grunt who does all the crap work nobody else wants to. i expect more productivity, and more of a contribution to my company to make them profitable. I didn't hire that expensive guy to do the same work the grunt level guys do, only to pay him 3 or 4 times more... i hired him to add something unique, that i couldnt get from a grunt being paid minimum wage. if he doesn't bring that to the team, then he would be fired.

I don't go...well, let me ignore what he is making and just judge his body of work in some arbitrary manner. No...your salary is most definitely directly correlated to your level of production. It's why I don't really have a problem with Dan Girardi as much as other ppl...the guy is being paid roughly what he deserves. It's why I have such a big problem right now with Drury. His salary is not proportionate to his on-ice contribution, and as such he deserves all the negative comments he gets. If he were being paid 1.5 million dollars a year, i guarantee you 95% of the people complaining wouldn't say much at all about him.
If you hire a guy who does good work, and pay him like he's a top guy in your field, then its your fault for overvaluing him by that much in the first place.

How do you not blame Glen Sather for the contract?

And lets face it, if someone offered you that much money, would you seriously not take it?

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 05:42 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Not sure if this was posted but the TSN mic's caught some of what Avery was saying during the brawl...

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 09:14 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I understand the rationale of what you're saying, but you totally, TOTALLY discount the team in front of him. Why?
Me? I did not discount the team in front. The team is what it is: the product of Sather's abilities, i.e. mediocre group with two star players and promising yet inexperienced defense. They cannot play better. Not by much anyway, no matter how many posts will be here regarding toughness, effort, heart and other silly things. Analyzing what this or that payer did is just a waste of time, because it effected the outcome very little. What does matter is how Gabi did and how Lundy did. We play absolutely the same in Boston, but won because that duo was performing better. That's my point.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 02:58 PM
shoothepuck

Last nights game is one you whish you didn't watch, and they didn't play.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Levitate

I'm just watching it now and honestly the Rangers didn't play badly for most of it. Haven't seen the breakdowns that lead to the third period goals yet, but the Rangers in general look alright, just missing the net and their opportunities.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I'm just watching it now and honestly the Rangers didn't play badly for most of it. Haven't seen the breakdowns that lead to the third period goals yet, but the Rangers in general look alright, just missing the net and their opportunities.
Yeah its definitely not as bad as made out to be. I thought it was an entertaining game, we just didn't caitalize when needed, they did.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Levitate

yup, lots of missed breaks and stuff like that. Probably win more than lose if they get those chances consistently, though

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote