HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Duck and Cover!" - 11.05.09 - Nashville @ Anaheim

Old
11-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Antti Pihlstrom pt II
Really? That's kind of disappointing. So lightning fast speed, likes to hit, and has hands of stone?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Really? That's kind of disappointing. So lightning fast speed, likes to hit, and has hands of stone?
No, he actually has better hands, isn't as fast, and didn't really start finishing all his checks until he was told that was his path to the NHL this past summer.

I really like Thuresson from what I've seen and believe he still has a shot of developing into a full-time NHL player. Remember, the kid was the youngest player in the AHL just two years ago during his rookie season...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 04:11 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
No thanks, need wingers, not centers. Spent too much time already this season trying to fit square pegs into round holes...
Leggy can play (and was better offensively) on the wing. So put O'Reilly at center and Leggy on the wing...

Surely that is better than stone-hands-I'm going to turn my back to the goal everytime i get the puck when we cycle it-Smithson.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Legwand is a center and should stay there. How many games did he actually play as wing? 1 or 2? And that was only to wake him up and send him a message. He was promptly moved back to center after that.

Old
11-05-2009, 04:49 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Legwand is a center and should stay there. How many games did he actually play as wing? 1 or 2? And that was only to wake him up and send him a message. He was promptly moved back to center after that.
That is because we had a plethora of centers and Bonk had just come back from injury (which is why O'Reilly was up to begin with)... We had Arnott, O'Reilly, Bonk, and Nichol (Smithson and Fiddler too) all in the lineup. But Leggy moved back to center when someone (I think it was Bonk again) re-injured himself a few games later.

Point being, Leggy at winger with O'Reilly at center is much better than Leggy at center and Smithson on the wing ANYDAY. Well, maybe if they were on our 3rd and 4th lines... But we are talking about our 2nd line, a SCORING line here.

Old
11-05-2009, 05:00 PM
MemphisMTLfan

This game's a big fat L, or an O if we're lucky. That second line scares me.

For good measure...

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
That is because we had a plethora of centers and Bonk had just come back from injury (which is why O'Reilly was up to begin with)... We had Arnott, O'Reilly, Bonk, and Nichol (Smithson and Fiddler too) all in the lineup. But Leggy moved back to center when someone (I think it was Bonk again) re-injured himself a few games later.

Point being, Leggy at winger with O'Reilly at center is much better than Leggy at center and Smithson on the wing ANYDAY. Well, maybe if they were on our 3rd and 4th lines... But we are talking about our 2nd line, a SCORING line here.
Why do those have to be the only two options? O'Reilly is center and Legwand is center, why put them together? Like SLake said, square pegs, round holes.

My point is, that Legwand is not better at wing than center by any stretch, offensively or defensively. His talents are best utilized by playing center and I don't see O'Reilly taking his job any time soon. Legwand to wing would be a last resort scenario.

Old
11-05-2009, 05:25 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Well, Olvecky is back with Milwaukee and the lines from practice in Anaheim yesterday were posted...

Sullivan - Arnott - Hornqvist
Smithson - Legwand - Ward
Scatchard - Santorelli - Thuresson
Belak - Goc - Tootoo

That is one ugly ass lineup. I still think it'll be a close game though.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 05:33 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I dont know, you cover Heatly and Thornton and let everybody else fight it out. The game could go either way.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 05:35 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I dont know, you cover Heatly and Thornton and let everybody else fight it out. The game could go either way.
We're play Anaheim tonight.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 05:38 PM
braindead

Quote:
I would cover someone other than those two guys- like a player from the Ducks.

Other than Sully, who is a bit shy on the contact and defense, we are fielding 4 really strong checking lines tonight.

New strategy: I will now predict that David Legwand WILL NOT SCORE. Predicting hat tricks for him was... unsuccessful.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 05:51 PM
utmfisher19

Quote:
Why do those have to be the only two options? O'Reilly is center and Legwand is center, why put them together? Like SLake said, square pegs, round holes.

My point is, that Legwand is not better at wing than center by any stretch, offensively or defensively. His talents are best utilized by playing center and I don't see O'Reilly taking his job any time soon. Legwand to wing would be a last resort scenario.
Those are the only two options because we do not have any other scorers down in Milwaukee besides Jones and he is playing like h***. And why put them together? Because it is MUCH easier to play wing than it is center. You have less responsibility defensively and you can use your speed more.

And I disagree that Legwand is not better on the wing than at center. On the wing he does not have to focus so much on defense and gets him up the ice more with his speed.

But if you feel that it is a last resort, then who would you look at at wing instead of Smithson (whom btw came into the NHL as a center)?

Old
11-05-2009, 05:54 PM
deleted

Some of you are giving the ducks too much credit, they suck this year. We can beat them with this lineup. It's LA and SJ that I'm worried about. But if we win tonight this lineup just might get enough confidence to win a second on this trip.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Those are the only two options because we do not have any other scorers down in Milwaukee besides Jones and he is playing like h***. And why put them together? Because it is MUCH easier to play wing than it is center. You have less responsibility defensively and you can use your speed more.

And I disagree that Legwand is not better on the wing than at center. On the wing he does not have to focus so much on defense and gets him up the ice more with his speed.

But if you feel that it is a last resort, then who would you look at at wing instead of Smithson (whom btw came into the NHL as a center)?
No, it isn't MUCH easier to play wing than center. They are very different positions, and some players don't make the transition easily. But it doesn't matter what is "easier" or not. It's about utilizing our assets. Why would it be a good thing to eliminate Legwand's greatest asset's (his defense)? While we need more offense, we can't just throw defense out the window.

I honestly don't have a problem with Smithson up there (for the time being). He could play a Holmstrom type role and give us more grit and defense than O'Reilly could. O'Reilly isn't playing much better, offensively, than Smithson anyway. Not sure what is wrong with the guy.

I just hope Legwand and Ward play well enough to create chances while Smithson plants himself in front of the net (if that is even the plan).

Old
11-05-2009, 07:33 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
I think the Wings have 'em both covered tonight.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 08:07 PM
OpenWheel

Hey worsstfome, I was going to suggest putting the start times in the gameday threads. Unless I missed it, but a couple times I've clicked to the thread to find out when to tune in. Good threads though, I like the information.

I can't see much from the Preds tonight. But that's often when they surprise me.

I need a new avatar. Any regulars on the squad who aren't taken? I really thought Laakso was going to make the squad and stick. Ahh well.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
MemphisMTLfan

I'm scared.

Old
11-05-2009, 09:21 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Wow, that was a nice PK by the Ducks. Or just a terrible PP by us.

Old
11-05-2009, 09:35 PM
torero

Hello,

does one of you have an online stream wich is not Ustream, justin tv or Atdhe ?
(they don't work !)

tks

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 09:36 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Hello,

does one of you have an online stream wich is not Ustream, justin tv or Atdhe ?
(they don't work !)

tks
If you have ST check this out

Old
11-05-2009, 09:49 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
If you have ST check this out
tks ... interesting solution ... i have some things to install but it is interesting ... tks.

Old
11-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I thought the game was supposed to be in HD? My feed (Comcast) isn't

Old
11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Quote:
I thought the game was supposed to be in HD? My feed (Comcast) isn't
same here with directtv.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 10:06 PM
torero

Tks MemphisHockeyFan

it really works very well ! from europe we have problems with feeds (we are banned and with proxies you start a mess that results into unstable streaming ... this one is working nicelly.

tks

Old
11-05-2009, 10:13 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
wow, I had a mind cramp, yes we are playing the Ducks tonight.

This is really kinda sad. We cant get out of our own way and we are actually making these guys look good.

Is anyone keeping a tally of how many pucks that Sully is turning over trying to set someone else up?

Shoot the freakin puck, freakin Hiller is shutting us out. Just shoot and bang home the huge freakin rebound already.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote