HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 2-1 in SO - Price Razor Sharp! :)

Old
11-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Habblues

vCash: 500
Refs from the Boston Area Last Night ?

If i was a betting man i would bet that the refs who worked last nights game were from the boston area.They sure wanted them to score a goal.That penalty (high sticking) to Lats late in the game did not even happen.....and then Gionta being called for intentional offside ? B####### !!!! HE WAS ALREADY IN MOTION !! How the **** was he able to keep it out of the zone ? ANYWAYS, the refs caused us the game in regulation and a well deserved shutout for Carrey.how do others feel ?

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:27 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
If i was a betting man i would bet that the refs who worked last nights game were from the boston area.They sure wanted them to score a goal.That penalty (high sticking) to Lats late in the game did not even happen.....and then Gionta being called for intentional offside ? B####### !!!! HE WAS ALREADY IN MOTION !! How the **** was he able to keep it out of the zone ? ANYWAYS, the refs caused us the game in regulation and a well deserved shutout for Carrey.how do others feel ?
The penalty call was on the wrong players, i think it was supposed to on Laps but called it on Lats. Gomez was in the zone, right call on the int. offside. Don't cry about refs in hockey it's pointless.

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

The Gionta call was definitely the right one.

And one of the refs was French.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:28 AM
CGG

How did Sturm not get a penalty when the Bruins were on their late 3rd period BS powerplay when he completely mugged Pleks after the whistle?

I wouldn't say they're from Boston, refs just plain suck this year, this is not new. In theory it should all even out eventually, but I'm still waiting for some make-up calls from the travesty of a game against Toronto.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Koivu_habs#1

I still dont understand the call on Moen yesterday for interference! Moen wasnt even looking that way... Anyways Refs have a hard job we still have to give them credit sometimes.

Koivu_habs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Yeah, lapierre is going to get clocked one day if he doesn't drop the gloves more often

Ference would have tuned him though unless lapierre does one of those stortini style fights.
Lapierre has been clocked before, I think Ruutu gave him a nice elbow last season.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Next Best Thing*

Just watched the highlights on TSN.ca

And does anyone else feel ike punching Pierre McGuire? He goes on a 1 minute rant about how eeeeveryone in the league knows Maxim Lapierre doesn't drop the gloves and how, for us Habs fans, it's a problem.

That's been his game all the time, he's just not a fighter, and ofc people know this it's been a while he was a pest in this league, why would he drop the gloves and get a beatdown? He's not Moen or Neil, that's not his style. Why doesn't PM understand this? Or was he just being a little ***** as usual.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:20 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
And a large part of his losses retarding his 50th win was before that when they were a lottery pick, cellar-dwelling team. But I'm not really trying to make an argument here, just saying there's a lot more context to stats like this. That, and I always have a negative reaction to "keep your head up! Look at what this hall of famer was doing at [point x in career]" posts... as if they mean anything really. Again, crumbs in the bed. I should just avoid hitting reply sometimes.
Yes you are, you used to put the hate on Price in here, i remember you and that poster called Cristbal Huet and Earl The ( supposed ) Habs Fan that used to whine about how good Huet was and that he should be our #1, and Price isn't anything special. Would you like me to go dig some of this up ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
And does anyone else feel ike punching Pierre McGuire? He goes on a 1 minute rant about how eeeeveryone in the league knows Maxim Lapierre doesn't drop the gloves and how, for us Habs fans, it's a problem.

That's been his game all the time, he's just not a fighter, and ofc people know this it's been a while he was a pest in this league, why would he drop the gloves and get a beatdown? He's not Moen or Neil, that's not his style. Why doesn't PM understand this? Or was he just being a little ***** as usual.
He has to drop it once in a while, and that was a time to drop them. He's a ***** with a loud mouth who will get his clock cleaned one day.

With that being said, I love him as a Habs!

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:41 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
He has to drop it once in a while, and that was a time to drop them. He's a ***** with a loud mouth who will get his clock cleaned one day.

With that being said, I love him as a Habs!
What happens if he doesn't drop them? Will he be shunned from the league? Will he not be protected by the same rules as everyone else? I don't understand- he agitates and then doesn't fight...why does everyone act like it's the end of the world?

Someone else youtube Ken Linseman and you'll see how successful Lapierre could be. Bruins fans certainly have no right to complain.

loudi94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:44 AM
saints96

honestly i love lappy!!! i think he does his role very well, but he is a big P****. When you start fires, eventually you gotta put one out, im sorry.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Capitano

Apparently Laps is so good at his job that even our own fans are annoyed by him...

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:49 AM
DDIHH

I am a fan of both our goalies.

I think that Halak should be #1A this year.

But to this point, Price has 3 wins and stole 3 games wich mean that the team didn't win a game for him. I think the kid is proving that he's not the problem of this team.

DDIHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:49 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
Apparently Laps is so good at his job that even our own fans are annoyed by him...
lol. it wont be long, someone is just gonna crack him whether or not he wants to drop the gloves.

Old
11-06-2009, 09:50 AM
saints96

[QUOTE=John Ho;21990721]I am a fan of both our goalies.

I think that Halak should be #1A this year.

But to this point, Price has 3 wins and stole 3 games wich mean that the team didn't win a game for him. I think the kid is proving that he's not the problem of this team.[/QUOTE]

yay!! people are catching on

Old
11-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
lol. it wont be long, someone is just gonna crack him whether or not he wants to drop the gloves.
I think Laps is actually hoping for this...I would gladly take one for the team to get a PP.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 09:59 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsHockey View Post
Gomez was in the zone, right call on the int. offside. Don't cry about refs in hockey it's pointless.
I don't think it was the right call, yes Gomez was in the zone but I don't understand how they could say that Gio took the puck intenionally when it was such a close play at the blueline. Not complaining, not crying, **** happens, I just don't agree with the call and think it was a bad one. The Habs should have done a better job in their own end and once again they couldn't win in regulation, it's no ones fault but their own.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:01 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I think Laps is actually hoping for this...I would gladly take one for the team to get a PP.
So would i. It's a smart move, even Bob Mckenzie said, at some point, you gotta fight. You cannot continuously do what Lappy's been doin. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, we sometimes get a PP out of it, but sprout some ballz and fight sometimes(even though your not a fighter)

Last edited by saints96: 11-06-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old
11-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post

Well I might be in the minority but Lapierre does have a big mouth and he should drop the gloves once in a while even for his own teammates who always have to back him up on the ice.Let's be honest it's not Chara that went after him,it was Ference I don't think it would have been that bad,he should have dropped them cause he looked real bad during that play

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't think it was the right call, yes Gomez was in the zone but I don't understand how they could say that Gio took the puck intenionally when it was such a close play at the blueline. Not complaining, not crying, **** happens, I just don't agree with the call and think it was a bad one. The Habs should have done a better job in their own end and once again they couldn't win in regulation, it's no ones fault but their own.
It was intentional, Gio saw the puck leave and bounce back in, looked at it, hesitated then touched it. It was the right call, he was trying to force the whistle there instead of having to leave it for the bruins while Gomez cleared the zone, and knew perfectly well what he was doing.

Refs did blow it earlier on the Moen call, and the goal taken back for "interference", pretty weak call on that, especially when later the Bruins goal was assisted by Chara knocking Spacek onto Price.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Koivu_habs#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
so would i. its a smart move, even Bob Mckenzie said, at some point, you gotta fight. You cannot continuously do what lappys been doin. dont get me wrong, im not complaining, we sumtimes get a PP out of it, but sprout some ballz and fight sometimes(even thought your not a fighter)
Why shoot he fight? His not a fighter, his an agitator/ ***** distruber. Frenence would of broken him in half yesterday. When Laraque wants to fight, nobody wants to join him, so why sould Lapierre dance with them?

Example, Neil and Ruttuu do they always fight? No as they are not fighters but distrubers, and they do their job great! Just like Laps! Don't change Laps, your're doing great, well to an extent.

Koivu_habs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu_habs#1 View Post
Why shoot he fight? His not a fighter, his an agitator/ ***** distruber. Frenence would of broken him in half yesterday. When Laraque wants to fight, nobody wants to join him, so why sould Lapierre dance with them?

Example, Neil and Ruttuu do they always fight? No as they are not fighters but distrubers, and they do their job great! Just like Laps! Don't change Laps, your're doing great, well to an extent.
Ference wouldn't have broken him in half trust me,I believe even Crosby got into a scrap with him.

Neil,Tucker and Ruutu guys like that don't always fight,but if the opponent drops the gloves, you can believe they will as well.Lapierre looked silly on that play

Old
11-06-2009, 10:29 AM
deandebean

He should have fought. As an ex-coach, I can ASSURE YOU that his teammates and coaches weren't very pleased with the way he acted.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well I might be in the minority but Lapierre does have a big mouth and he should drop the gloves once in a while even for his own teammates who always have to back him up on the ice.Let's be honest it's not Chara that went after him,it was Ference I don't think it would have been that bad,he should have dropped them cause he looked real bad during that play
I aggree with this. Think it's demoralizing to the team a bit, too. I readily admit that Lapierre was effective at frustrating/intimidating the B's and he had Stuart, Ference, Thornton off their game. That was good. And this is a useful skill.

However, over the long run and with the cumulative effects of these similar events Max runs the risk of loosing some face with team mates - Like Pierre said. It's great when you win the game and things are going well but once things get choppy and finger pointing begins it's bad for chemistry and accountability.

He should have fought Ference... even Sidney Crosby would fight Ference.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
I aggree with this. Think it's demoralizing to the team a bit, too. I readily admit that Lapierre was effective at frustrating/intimidating the B's and he had Stuart, Ference, Thornton off their game. That was good. And this is a useful skill.

However, over the long run and with the cumulative effects of these similar events Max runs the risk of loosing some face with team mates - Like Pierre said. It's great when you win the game and things are going well but once things get choppy and finger pointing begins it's bad for chemistry and accountability.

He should have fought Ference... even Sidney Crosby would fight Ference.
You can see my other post right above,Crosby did already fight Ference!!!