HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 2-1 in SO - Price Razor Sharp! :)

Old
11-06-2009, 10:52 AM
TroyM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
What ****ing games are you watching? He doesn't do this and is quickly gaining a reputation through out the league for not doing it. **** uninformed posters piss me off.
He sort of half wrestled half fought Brian Lee/Steve Downie/Petr Prucha last year and then wrestled with Lucic a bit in a scrum last year, and that's it.

The year before that he had Talbot and Axelsson and only the Talbot bout could even be called a real fight. He mostly just holds on for dear life when in a scrap.

So yeah. It's hard to say if these constitute 'stepping up' or not, they aren't really scraps, more grappling matches... I guess we will see how he does this year, but it looks like he doesn't plan to make it part of his game. The Armstrong incident was a nice moment though!

As long as his team mates are ok with his play than I certainly am, that would be the only thing that would make me upset with him, but it really isn't something we can comment on. All we can do is project our feelings towards Lappy onto his teammates but anyone presuming to actually have a sense of how the team feels about him is reaching to say the least.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Lapierre has been clocked before, I think Ruutu gave him a nice elbow last season.
Emery gave him a nice axe shot in the face with his stick too.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 10:59 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
What ****ing games are you watching? He doesn't do this and is quickly gaining a reputation through out the league for not doing it. **** uninformed posters piss me off.
haha, you're really buying into the garbage McGuire spews, eh?

Freaking sportsfans who can't form their own opinions...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
He sort of half wrestled half fought Brian Lee/Steve Downie/Petr Prucha last year and then wrestled with Lucic a bit in a scrum last year, and that's it.

The year before that he had Talbot and Axelsson and only the Talbot bout could even be called a real fight. He mostly just holds on for dear life when in a scrap.

So yeah. It's hard to say if these constitute 'stepping up' or not, they aren't really scraps, more grappling matches... I guess we will see how he does this year, but it looks like he doesn't plan to make it part of his game. The Armstrong incident was a nice moment though!

As long as his team mates are ok with his play than I certainly am, that would be the only thing that would make me upset with him, but it really isn't something we can comment on. All we can do is project our feelings towards Lappy onto his teammates but anyone presuming to actually have a sense of how the team feels about him is reaching to say the least.
That truly is the most important factor here. I'm just worried that by not answering the bell once in awhile. Players on other teams will get him back, you can only play his style for so long before you have to answer back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
haha, you're really buying into the garbage McGuire spews, eh?

Freaking sportsfans who can't form their own opinions...
Well since he's actually there at the games listening to what players say first hand. I would say he's a much better person to listen to than some poster who sits on his ass watching the games from his living room.

11-06-2009, 11:04 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Well since he's actually there at the games listening to what players say first hand. I would say he's a much better person to listen to than some poster who sits on his ass watching the games from his living room.
McGuire is infamous in the industry for passing off his opinion as fact. He is a joke. This is why TSN is grooming the already superior Ray Ferrarro to take his job...

Old
11-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
McGuire is infamous in the industry for passing off his opinion as fact. He is a joke. This is why TSN is grooming the already superior Ray Ferrarro to take his job...
That's fine, I'm still going to listen to what he has to say over the majority of the posters here on HF.

It also doesn't take a genius to realize that teams will start head hunting for Lapierre. If he's not going to fight, they will get him back in other ways.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 11:13 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
That's fine, I'm still going to listen to what he has to say over the majority of the posters here on HF.

It also doesn't take a genius to realize that teams will start head hunting for Lapierre. If he's not going to fight, they will get him back in other ways.
Why do you have to listen to anyone, why can't you think for yourself?

Let people try to go after Lapierre. We want him to be a pest, and pests want players on the other team to go after them. They will get penalties trying to do this. And at the end of the day, Lapierres quickness, speed, and good size and strength will keep him from getting too badly crushed I bet. And his mouth will keep running, and I will love every minute of it...

Old
11-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Why do you have to listen to anyone, why can't you think for yourself?

Let people try to go after Lapierre. We want him to be a pest, and pests want players on the other team to go after them. They will get penalties trying to do this. And at the end of the day, Lapierres quickness, speed, and good size and strength will keep him from getting too badly crushed I bet. And his mouth will keep running, and I will love every minute of it...
I am thinking for myself, which is why I said it doesn't take a genius to see where this is heading.

I've watched enough pesky type players over the last 30+ years to realize their outcome if they don't answer the bell once in awhile. I like Lapierre, I like the fact that he's a pain in the ass for other teams to play against.

I just wish I was as confident as you are that he will continue to avoid serious injury over not standing up for himself once in awhile.

Old
11-06-2009, 11:23 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
I am thinking for myself, which is why I said it doesn't take a genius to see where this is heading.

I've watched enough pesky type players over the last 30+ years to realize their outcome if they don't answer the bell once in awhile. I like Lapierre, I like the fact that he's a pain in the ass for other teams to play against.

I just wish I was as confident as you are that he will continue to avoid serious injury over not standing up for himself once in awhile.
I guess where we disagree is on whether he answers the bell enough. Personally, I think 1 fight a year i all he really needs to shut people up that he doesn't fight at all. And he's pretty much done that through his career. Pests want guys to go after them, and guys go after guys that don't fight much. Hench why most pests don't fight much. If he started fighting more, he wouldn't be much of a pest but more a goon. And I think Laps is a natural as a pest, and wouldn't be very intimidating as a goon, so I hope he keeps doing what he is doing...

And above everything else, he is a hell of a checking line NHLer...

Old
11-06-2009, 11:23 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Caption This: x2!

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 11:26 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

That was prices 50th win guys btw, just noticed it

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Fair enough. Not news to anyone. But I think he's the 3rd or 4th professional analyst I have heard touch on the subject. Dismiss McGuire all you want, but there are at least 2 or 3 other guys sayin' the same thing, and that actually talk with players and coaches rather than being limited to *****ing about them on internet forums.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I guess where we disagree is on whether he answers the bell enough. Personally, I think 1 fight a year i all he really needs to shut people up that he doesn't fight at all. And he's pretty much done that through his career. Pests want guys to go after them, and guys go after guys that don't fight much. Hench why most pests don't fight much. If he started fighting more, he wouldn't be much of a pest but more a goon. And I think Laps is a natural as a pest, and wouldn't be very intimidating as a goon, so I hope he keeps doing what he is doing...

And above everything else, he is a hell of a checking line NHLer...
I hope you don't think that I want Lapierre to try to become a goon. His career would be over very quickly if he ever decided to play that style. I would like to see him fight a little bit more. Let's say 5 fights a year instead of one.

I do agree with you on your last sentence, so that's a start.

Old
11-06-2009, 11:49 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Gorges: ******** Paul, what did you eat!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 11:57 AM
HabFan1975

Mara and Gorges: we got 1 Pricey, u take care of the rest.

Thornton thinks he's Mola Ram.

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 12:01 PM
sukimono

Not a freakin' caption this thread again.

sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 12:01 PM
coolasprICE

is that Carle

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 12:16 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Fair enough. Not news to anyone. But I think he's the 3rd or 4th professional analyst I have heard touch on the subject. Dismiss McGuire all you want, but there are at least 2 or 3 other guys sayin' the same thing, and that actually talk with players and coaches rather than being limited to *****ing about them on internet forums.
Yes! i think even the refs assumed lappy was gonna drop em. They let it go on for so long. I bet even the refs were thing, God this kid is a P****!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
is that Carle
In the picture? That's Pyatt

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote