HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduction Thread!

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2009, 10:07 PM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Recently graduated from Drexel University where I played Roller Hockey for 5 years. I'm a defenseman.
And here I assumed "DUHockey9" was a Denver Pioneers thing.

Old
10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Huh. So did I.

Old
10-03-2009, 07:09 AM
mirimon

Hi all,

been lurking around for a while, but thought I would sign up and post once in a while as well now.

I'm Swedish, been rooting for the Flyers in the NHL since the early 90's when me and my brother began paying attention to the league. He's the historian among us and roots for Montreal, the first game we watched was between Canadiens and Flyers, so I picked the other team.

Old
10-03-2009, 07:16 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Hi all,

been lurking around for a while, but thought I would sign up and post once in a while as well now.

I'm Swedish, been rooting for the Flyers in the NHL since the early 90's when me and my brother began paying attention to the league. He's the historian among us and roots for Montreal, the first game we watched was between Canadiens and Flyers, so I picked the other team.
Welcome to the board! Please don't be shy - just jump right in!

Old
10-03-2009, 06:39 PM
weerrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Hi all,

Välkommen! (welcome)

Old
10-08-2009, 12:45 PM
JCameron418

Name: John

Favorite Team(s): All Philly Sports and the Florida Panthers

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Devils, Habs

Favorite Player(s): Cannon, Briere, Steve Downie, Ron Hextall, Eric Lindros, Asham, Giroux

Most Hated Player(s): Sean Avery, Crosby, Malkin, Carey Price

NHL08 Top Line: Downie, Forsberg, Asham - Kimmo, Coburn

Team: My name is on the Ocean City Rec Hockey '99 Championship Cup as the Captain if that means anything

Position: Defense

Flyers fan since: Forever. Always loved Philly Sports. Started to become a hardcore fan around 2006.

Old
10-08-2009, 01:12 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Welcome to the board!

Quick question... while most of your "hated" list makes sense, why Price?

Old
10-08-2009, 01:14 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon87 View Post

Favorite Player(s): Cannon, Briere, Steve Downie, Ron Hextall, Eric Lindros, Asham, Giroux

Team: My name is on the Ocean City Rec Hockey '99 Championship Cup as the Captain if that means anything

Flyers fan since: Forever. Always loved Philly Sports. Started to become a hardcore fan around 2006.
What is your last name?

Old
10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon87 View Post

Welcome aboard! While I understand the number in your user name probably relates to your birth year, it's quite an unfortunate name/number combination.

Old
10-08-2009, 02:51 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I wish haha.

Old
10-08-2009, 03:54 PM
JCameron418

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Welcome aboard! While I understand the number in your user name probably relates to your birth year, it's quite an unfortunate name/number combination.
Yes while I am proud of my birth year there are those from my year that I am not too proud of at all.

Old
10-08-2009, 03:56 PM
JCameron418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Welcome to the board!

Quick question... while most of your "hated" list makes sense, why Price?
He's a little arrogant ***** in my opinion who got brought up in the Montreal Spotlight way too quick.

Old
11-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Kigetsi

Hey everyone.

I hope you dont mind if my english isn't the best here. I am from Finland and i've been Flyers fan since 1997 when Niinimaa played for Flyers. I'm 26 years old now.

I've been following this board for about four years now and finally decided to register. I was really upset when Pitkanen had to go because i really liked him and i thought he could have been a big piece of this team. I played against him a couple of times in juniors in Finland and he was really good back then.

I also wanted that Niittymaki would have done better in Flyers. He was really good for Finland in 06 olympics, but maybe his injuries slowed him down a little.

As for this season, i'm very excited. Flyers look really good and i'm happy we got Pronger. I'm pretty sure he will be a big piece of this team for a couple of years. Emery has also been really good so far. I also hope that Pyörälä gets to play, because he really deserves a spot in an NHL team.

My favourite teams are Flyers, Sharks and Ducks. I hate Penguins and Canucks. Favourite players are Carter, Richards, Timonen, Pronger, JVR, Giroux, Thornton, Marleau, Selanne, Koivu, Pitkanen, T.Ruutu.

I guess thats all. If someone wants to lose in NHL10, feel free to ask my PSN via pm. Now it's time for Flyers game so LET'S GO FLYERS!

Old
11-06-2009, 06:57 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigetsi View Post
Hey everyone.

I hope you dont mind if my english isn't the best here. I am from Finland and i've been Flyers fan since 1997 when Niinimaa played for Flyers. I'm 26 years old now.

I've been following this board for about four years now and finally decided to register. I was really upset when Pitkanen had to go because i really liked him and i thought he could have been a big piece of this team. I played against him a couple of times in juniors in Finland and he was really good back then.

I also wanted that Niittymaki would have done better in Flyers. He was really good for Finland in 06 olympics, but maybe his injuries slowed him down a little.

As for this season, i'm very excited. Flyers look really good and i'm happy we got Pronger. I'm pretty sure he will be a big piece of this team for a couple of years. Emery has also been really good so far. I also hope that Pyörälä gets to play, because he really deserves a spot in an NHL team.

My favourite teams are Flyers, Sharks and Ducks. I hate Penguins and Canucks. Favourite players are Carter, Richards, Timonen, Pronger, JVR, Giroux, Thornton, Marleau, Selanne, Koivu, Pitkanen, T.Ruutu.

I guess thats all. If someone wants to lose in NHL10, feel free to ask my PSN via pm. Now it's time for Flyers game so LET'S GO FLYERS!
Welcome Welcome

Old
11-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Welcome to the boards Kigetsi!! I'm sorry I don't have NHL 10...but I bet someone takes you up on your challenge!

Old
11-06-2009, 09:56 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigetsi View Post
Hey everyone.

Welcome to the board! I'm positive your English is better than most of us can speak Finnish!

Old
11-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Lomark

Hey all.

Long time lurker, figured It was time to create an account..

NHLPA 93 got me interested in hockey big time. Flyers naturally became my team because of Eric Lindros. Every time he got onto the ice I'd hold my breath and wait for something to happen. Be it a goal or a scrum, didn't matter to me he was just so dominating in every aspect. I know many Flyers fans don't like him but to me he's still the man. So much potential. The injuries can't be blamed on him and no player from that era could have brought us closer to the cup. This isn't the NBA...

Anyways I'm not writing a book here See ya around

Old
11-09-2009, 01:24 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomark View Post
Hey all.

Long time lurker, figured It was time to create an account..

NHLPA 93 got me interested in hockey big time. Flyers naturally became my team because of Eric Lindros. Every time he got onto the ice I'd hold my breath and wait for something to happen. Be it a goal or a scrum, didn't matter to me he was just so dominating in every aspect. I know many Flyers fans don't like him but to me he's still the man. So much potential. The injuries can't be blamed on him and no player from that era could have brought us closer to the cup. This isn't the NBA...

Anyways I'm not writing a book here See ya around
Welcome to the zoo!

I think there are a lot of Flyers fans that feel the way you do about Lindros on the ice. It's the off the ice Bonnie & Carl show that bothers people more.

Old
11-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Lomark

Yeah, all the distractions really ruined something very special... But most of all, the injuries. Without them, I bet he would have achieved so much more and all the drama would have been forgotten...

Last edited by Lomark: 02-16-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old
11-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Lomark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Am I really the only Swede around?
Hey, swede here aswell And actually fellow poker player, although on a semi-break.. Maybe we've played together or were you more of a casual player?

Old
12-07-2009, 09:17 AM
FlyingPhish

Hi Folks figured I'd might as well join since I look around here every now and then (or over my boyfriend deadphish's shoulder.I LOVE all your photoshops hah)

My name is Jodi i'm almost 26 and I live as far south as you can go in Jersey. I've been a major Philadelphia fan as long as I can remember and have been going to Flyers games since I was in jr high. Most notable games of enjoyment for me were the two playoff games I got to go to as a teenager in 2000 one game against the penguins that they won and then the only game they won against the devils in the next series. Fun, fun times. Spent a few years living in Philly and I miss my partial ticket package but now I enjoy deadphish's lol.

Players that I'm fond of include Primeau, Leclair, JR, Gagne, Giroux
Players I hate Stevens (player of the devils and our formal coach hah) and crosby

Old
12-07-2009, 09:24 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhish View Post
Hi Folks figured I'd might as well join since I look around here every now and then (or over my boyfriend deadphish's shoulder.I LOVE all your photoshops hah)

My name is Jodi i'm almost 26 and I live as far south as you can go in Jersey. I've been a major Philadelphia fan as long as I can remember and have been going to Flyers games since I was in jr high. Most notable games of enjoyment for me were the two playoff games I got to go to as a teenager in 2000 one game against the penguins that they won and then the only game they won against the devils in the next series. Fun, fun times. Spent a few years living in Philly and I miss my partial ticket package but now I enjoy deadphish's lol.

Players I hate Stevens (player of the devils and our formal coach hah) and crosby
Welcome! I grew up in Middle Township.

Old
12-07-2009, 09:32 AM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:

Welcome to the boards!

Old
12-07-2009, 09:34 AM
FlyingPhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Welcome! I grew up in Middle Township.
middle sucks (i went to lower)

thanks for the welcome

Old
12-07-2009, 09:42 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
middle sucks (i went to lower)

thanks for the welcome
They don't call it Slower Lower for no reason!

Closed Thread