HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Video Game Thread (PSN's/Gamertags)

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2009, 04:49 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500

Best game ever made.

Followed by this

Then

and

and for the grand finale

Old
11-06-2009, 05:30 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Hmm..

For me it goes 7>10>8(Really close between 8 and 10)>9>6>FFT>5>4>2>1>10-2>3>11>12
I like:

9>7>8>10

Old
11-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Teezax

I just scooped up Dragon Age: Origins
A definite recommend to anyone who likes BIOWARE games (MassEffect, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights etc)
Plenty of hours, blood and guts.
A must have!

PSN gamertag: Teezax

Old
11-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Kigetsi

Just red through this thread, lots of memories here

My first "console" was Commodore 64 and it had some really good games: Rick Dangerous, Athena, Gianna Sisters, Terra Cresta and commando. Next was NES/SNES, then PS1, N64, PS2 and now PS3. I also had Wii and X360, but didnt really like them so i sold them. SMG and TP were really good games though.

Favourite games are FF series, MGS series, CoD MW1&2, God of War 1&2, GTA4 and ofcourse NHL10. Best game i have ever played is propably Ocarina Of Time.

Old
11-07-2009, 01:51 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Dragon Age: Origins is probablly the best game I have played in a long time....

Old
11-07-2009, 03:36 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I like:

9>7>8>10
I hate this stupid game. The story is ridiculous, Squall's annoying as hell, and - most importantly - it features the most ****ed up minigame in the history of RPGs. Die, Triple Triad, die!

Old
11-07-2009, 10:55 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
I hate this stupid game. The story is ridiculous, Squall's annoying as hell, and - most importantly - it features the most ****ed up minigame in the history of RPGs. Die, Triple Triad, die!
First off Nevermore, Lick my ****ing balls.

Squall is annoying yes. But name me a FF main character that isnt? Thats right. And the Story? I wish I went to mercenary Highschool to only end up banging the chick I was assigned to help... Besides, Laguna was the man, and you know it.

TRIPLE TRIAD WAS THE BEST CARD MINIGAME OF ALL TIME. I ****ing loved that game. As long as you didnt spread the ****ed up rules around, and kept it only to the higher # wins, then it was great.

But it wasnt as good as X's Blitzball. Minigame Nirvana that was.

Old
11-07-2009, 11:54 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
First off Nevermore, Lick my ****ing balls.
I literally LOLed at this.

Quote:
Squall is annoying yes. But name me a FF main character that isnt? Thats right.
The next one on my list would be Tidus, but at least his dialogue consists of more than "....". And I actually like Zidane. Squall is every emo girl's wet dream - which isn't a good thing.
Oh, and not to mention I want to punch Zell in the face everytime he appears on the screen.

Quote:
And the Story? I wish I went to mercenary Highschool to only end up banging the chick I was assigned to help... Besides, Laguna was the man, and you know it.
The whole Edea/Ultimecia/Adel thing is just messed up beyond belief. I absolutely hate stories that involve time traveling because it usually leads to some ****ed up **** that doesn't make any sense. At least give me a story that is somewhat believable.

Quote:
TRIPLE TRIAD WAS THE BEST CARD MINIGAME OF ALL TIME. I ****ing loved that game. As long as you didnt spread the ****ed up rules around, and kept it only to the higher # wins, then it was great.
Don't remind me. It's just too much effort for a so called "mini"game. Oh, and screw the Queen of Cards. Lose that card, win that card ... **** you.
Plus, that goddamned music drives me insane.

Old
11-07-2009, 12:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Well since Final Fantasy is being talked about...

Its some pretty good fighting. Its the Final Fantasy characters vs the Dead or Alive characters.

Old
11-07-2009, 02:35 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
I literally LOLed at this.

The next one on my list would be Tidus, but at least his dialogue consists of more than "....". And I actually like Zidane. Squall is every emo girl's wet dream - which isn't a good thing.
Oh, and not to mention I want to punch Zell in the face everytime he appears on the screen.

The whole Edea/Ultimecia/Adel thing is just messed up beyond belief. I absolutely hate stories that involve time traveling because it usually leads to some ****ed up **** that doesn't make any sense. At least give me a story that is somewhat believable.

Don't remind me. It's just too much effort for a so called "mini"game. Oh, and screw the Queen of Cards. Lose that card, win that card ... **** you.
Plus, that goddamned music drives me insane.
1. Hilarious.
2. Yeah, time travel = the Lols. Its like hey guys, we were all bffs as children, But we all forgot about it, until now.
3.Dont you dare talk **** on Nobuo. That triple triad music was great, and its called SHUFFLE OR BOOGIE MOTHER ****ER.
4.Ive been writing alot of music for video games lately, since I have friends going into game development, so i write tunes for their games. Nobuo is my god.

Old
11-07-2009, 03:54 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I caught an article in Game Informer that was worth noting. Apparently Sega and Sony had a meeting, and a French site got a hold of the meeting minutes. I thought the things they mentioned that were worth noting were interesting:

1. Sony is working with Sega to provide Dreamcast games on the PSN download service.

2. Sony's working on a PS2 emulator so PS2 games could be bought on the PSN download service.

3. Sony is contemplating putting Japanese Sega games on the PSN download service.

I don't have a PS3 yet but I think these are all are big moves for Sony.

Old
11-08-2009, 06:09 PM
TheSkatingDutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I caught an article in Game Informer that was worth noting. Apparently Sega and Sony had a meeting, and a French site got a hold of the meeting minutes. I thought the things they mentioned that were worth noting were interesting:

1. Sony is working with Sega to provide Dreamcast games on the PSN download service.

2. Sony's working on a PS2 emulator so PS2 games could be bought on the PSN download service.

3. Sony is contemplating putting Japanese Sega games on the PSN download service.

I don't have a PS3 yet but I think these are all are big moves for Sony.
That's all good and well but the real question is, will I be able to play NBA Jam?

Old
11-09-2009, 08:15 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkatingDutchman View Post
That's all good and well but the real question is, will I be able to play NBA Jam?
UGLY SHOT

Old
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
IrishSniper87

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 comes out tonight at midnight (tomorrow technically).

While I will be picking this game up, and love it, there is no way it can possibly compare to how much fun I had playing SOCOM: US Navy Seals and the next 2 sequels. There is just something awesome about 3rd person espionage where you can still run in and gun if you get into trouble. Metal gear solid is awesome, but you could easily die if you were found. SOCOM if you were found, you could crouch down and spring traps with your entire squad following your orders in missions, or you could set half of your team to cover your flank from a certain position. The replay value in single player was incredible. Sometimes I would play missions as slow and careful as possible to see if I could do it without anyone on the team taking any damage.

I would play missions with a supressed sniper and try to snipe every enemy on the level without anyone knowing. It was great.

Blizzard in the original SOCOM is my favorite multiplayer map EVER.

I miss my SOCOM clan too, we were pretty good.

Online was so much fun too. OMFG was online fun.

Old
11-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Dragon Age: Origins is probablly the best game I have played in a long time....
Agreed, gotta love those long RPG's from Bioware.
Very different game in terms of combat, but once you master the tactics, it's hella fun.
I went with the Dwarf Noble Warrior and can't wait to start over and play as a Blood Mage.

Old
11-09-2009, 02:04 PM
TheSkatingDutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
UGLY SHOT
BOOM SHAC-LACKA!

Till this day I say "He's heating up!" in my head when I hit three shots in a row.

Old
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax View Post
Agreed, gotta love those long RPG's from Bioware.
Very different game in terms of combat, but once you master the tactics, it's hella fun.
I went with the Dwarf Noble Warrior and can't wait to start over and play as a Blood Mage.
I went Noble Warrior (Im using dual blades). All I know is I played around 20 hours and am only 13% in LOL. I missed out on getting the girl in the first town before it got taken over so I was contemplating restarting... but then I heard shes annoying as hell so Im gonna finish this first then roll with a mage. Best part is, replay value is there. You can easily play again and get a whole new storyline because of just your choices. I love how there are like 5 choices per question and it affects everything.

Also the coolest ****ing thing I saw in a video game is the slow mo kill you do on a troll or something. So f'ing epic. Ill try to find a video

Last edited by sa cyred: 11-09-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: my spelling sucks
Old
11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Ill get dragon age at X mas id say. Is it better on 360 or pc?

Who else is getting COD:MW2 tonight at midnight!??!

Old
11-09-2009, 02:58 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Ill get dragon age at X mas id say. Is it better on 360 or pc?

Who else is getting COD:MW2 tonight at midnight!??!
Personally I say PC because you get a better look at all your skills. I saw gameplay of the 360 one and you have to switch through your skills before using, like Fable was.

I have no money for MW2 anymore . I was deciding between that and Dragon Age and... well I went with Dragon Age. I am happy with my choice though. Probably one of the best games I ever played.

Old
11-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

I will also be getting MW2 tomorrow. Which means I can say goodbye to my social life for the next week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 comes out tonight at midnight (tomorrow technically).

While I will be picking this game up, and love it, there is no way it can possibly compare to how much fun I had playing SOCOM: US Navy Seals and the next 2 sequels. There is just something awesome about 3rd person espionage where you can still run in and gun if you get into trouble. Metal gear solid is awesome, but you could easily die if you were found. SOCOM if you were found, you could crouch down and spring traps with your entire squad following your orders in missions, or you could set half of your team to cover your flank from a certain position. The replay value in single player was incredible. Sometimes I would play missions as slow and careful as possible to see if I could do it without anyone on the team taking any damage.

I would play missions with a supressed sniper and try to snipe every enemy on the level without anyone knowing. It was great.

Blizzard in the original SOCOM is my favorite multiplayer map EVER.

I miss my SOCOM clan too, we were pretty good.

Online was so much fun too. OMFG was online fun.
You know there's a third person mode in MW2, right?

But yeah, I agree with you about Socom. I posted earlier in this thread that the second one is probably my favorite game ever. I still play Confrontation every now and then, but it's still too slow for me. I loved how in 2 if someone ambushed you from behind, you could dive to the ground, turn around, and then pop back up and still take them down. Confrontation is apparently getting some new maps in a patch soon (Blizzard and Vigilance included), so I might check those out sometime, but I don't feel like paying for them. They're putting an SR-25 SD in it too, I'm pretty sure.

Blizzard was a favorite map of mine, too (though I never played the first one online). Along with The Ruins and Requiem. A real shame that cheaters and hackers totally ruined it.

Old
11-09-2009, 05:55 PM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

While I will be picking this game up, and love it
Also Getting this @ 12.

Old
11-09-2009, 08:47 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Ill be getting COD as well, but I dont know exactly when. My xbox is away in Texas getting fixed for loving penis, and even when I get it back, I dont know if COD is a top priority.

At any rate, I guess Ill update the first post so keep track of everyones tags and PSNs for further ****ing around.

If you want your name on the first post, PLEASE PM me. This thread will be useful for you PS3 guys to get your **** together as well.

Last edited by ForsbergIsOdin: 11-09-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old
11-09-2009, 09:43 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

club in nhl

does anyone need a club for 360 or ps3

Old
11-09-2009, 09:51 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
I will also be getting MW2 tomorrow. Which means I can say goodbye to my social life for the next week or two.

You know there's a third person mode in MW2, right?

But yeah, I agree with you about Socom. I posted earlier in this thread that the second one is probably my favorite game ever. I still play Confrontation every now and then, but it's still too slow for me. I loved how in 2 if someone ambushed you from behind, you could dive to the ground, turn around, and then pop back up and still take them down. Confrontation is apparently getting some new maps in a patch soon (Blizzard and Vigilance included), so I might check those out sometime, but I don't feel like paying for them. They're putting an SR-25 SD in it too, I'm pretty sure.

Blizzard was a favorite map of mine, too (though I never played the first one online). Along with The Ruins and Requiem. A real shame that cheaters and hackers totally ruined it.
This 3rd person mode has the potential to make me very happy in my pants.

Old
11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

My God, has anyone actually seen the 'No Russian' mission yet? I mean...damn. That just kind of left me speechless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxdZyGGE3T8

Closed Thread