HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-1 to Bolts

Old
11-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

vCash: 500
I can't believe people is picking on Gomez. If we were to list all the players who don't deliver, there would be tons of players before him.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
I can't believe people is picking on Gomez. If we were to list all the players who don't deliver, there would be tons of players before him.
True, but that salary is killer....and that's why he'll be thrown under the bus all year.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
I was only picking on Gomez in context. 50-ish points for him this year isn't going to cut it for me.

Now, you're right, there are worse players than him on the ice, but his salary does not make it easy to overlook his shortcomings.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
If anyone is watching L'Antichambre....tell me I'm not imagining this BS.

Hey! Bergie, **** about Stasny and when you coached him.
How on earth are they complaining about how they benched Lats and Laps (sorry I don't mean I don't understand why they're complaining, I don't understand how they don't get shot in the face)
They are complaining abotu White and Pyatt being put out against Lecav and that it's robbing the other players. Guess what? They did a good job! better than the other slackers! Of course complaining about AK who had one of his best games and defending Lats and Laps.

For those of you who wanted Hartley as a coach, I hope you are watching him and are thanking the sky that your wish was not granted. Nutjob, idiot, absolut moron. Thank god for Jacques Martin.

The AC a complete joke. The pro-Francophone attitude is just shamefully obvious. Don't get me wrong: it's alright to favor Frenchies but c'mon, at least show some objectivity.

Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
The most positive thing in tonight's game was Kostitsyn.
The most positive thing in this game was the clock...ticking to 0 to end the game!!!!

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GordonGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Laughing all the way to the front of the unemployment line, how many weeks of pogey did he qualify for?

Because this team is exactly the same, it's not like we swapped out around 10 guys or anything. Carbo was our savior and we betrayed him amirite? Does he even have a job yet?
Full salary from the habs+cbc money+reality tv show money, im sure hes doing allright

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Both he and Cammalleri had bad games, obviously someone is going to say something lol

Playmaker09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:04 PM
GordonGraham

What a shocker lats and laps hiding in the showers and not meeting the press after the game

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:05 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs0492 View Post
Both he and Cammalleri had bad games, obviously someone is going to say something lol
Gomez was our best forward tonight IMO, really good game from him.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:05 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
He works with CBC and no doubt has a better job making way more money than your sorry ass.
Who is talking about money? I just find it hilarious how he used his hockey career to get a job he was completly inept at and was susequently fired. Now that this mishmash of players can't get their **** together he was something amazing and everything was great under his leadership according to the braindead masses.

If you want to try and rip on me you're going to have to find a better position than money because I make well above the average income and that makes me more than happy.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:07 PM
sampollock

i hope bob likes watching, a team with no scoring after the 1st line

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
I was only picking on Gomez in context. 50-ish points for him this year isn't going to cut it for me.

Now, you're right, there are worse players than him on the ice, but his salary does not make it easy to overlook his shortcomings.
I don't understand the attitude of holding the salary against a player. OK, maybe he's overpaid but that's not his fault. In my book, if he's showing good things on the ice and play on par to his standard, then he delivered.

So he's overpaid, but are we absolutely SURE that we could have gotten a better player that would want to come to MTL and for that price? I'm pretty sure not because if there were such player, Bob would have tried to sign him.

Old
11-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Gomez was our best forward tonight IMO, really good game from him.
He looks good because he made 2-3 rushes into their zone but even then... nothing comes out of it. At other times he missed pass after pass to open linemates and was a big part of why we couldn't get any kind of puck control in the first period.

Old
11-07-2009, 09:10 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
I don't understand the attitude of holding the salary against a player. OK, maybe he's overpaid but that's not his fault. In my book, if he's showing good things on the ice and play on par to his standard, then he delivered.

So he's overpaid, but are we absolutely SURE that we could have gotten a better player that would want to come to MTL and for that price? I'm pretty sure not because if there were such player, Bob would have tried to sign him.
I don't hold it against Gomez, I hold it against this team.

Someone up there obviously thought that he was worthy of his salary versus his production. This is what makes me sad and angry at the same time.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Daice

Quote:

it's as if your boss wants to give you a big ass raise that you don't fully 100% deserve, are you gonna say, no sir, i will be happy with less, let's be serious here

Daice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Everyone had and will have bad games. Tonight, the 1st line has been dangerous. Sure, they didn't score (on even strenght) but Ovechkin doesn't score every night either.

Old
11-07-2009, 09:12 PM
m00ks

Saw the game and it sucks that we lost another one but there were a lot of positives to take from of this game:

- I think Andrei is coming out of his shell. I thought he had a very strong game and imposed his physicality when called upon. He's certainly earned a spot on the second line and I sense that his production will come sooner than later.

- Reduced the number of shots given. Never mind that we peppered Nittymaki, we've held their offense to 21 shots which is a huge upgrade from the Boston outing. If we can keep this up, one of the goalies will bound to settle down and wins should start piling in.

- We battled hard even though we were down. No quit on this team which is very encouraging. Big pressure in the third and if we're able to reflect that effort for 60 min, we'd be that much harder to play against.

- First line is still consistent. Creating chances, winning battles and maintaining pressure with a Tampa Bay team that brought intense physical play.

It's one of those losses that don't feel as bad. We lost because they drove the net effectively with some timely bounces their way. I wish Price would buckle down on his positioning but if he can't do it, Halak is certainly capable of doing so. For the Price bashers, let me remind you we scored one goal. If you Price needs a 1-0 shutout to get a regulation win, then blame has to be shared by an unproductive offense than is still yet to give our goalie a decent lead to work with. You don't win many hockey games with 1 goal.

Calgary next Tuesday and we'll be hungry. I hope Andrei can keep this up as the upgrade over Lappiere and Lats was glaring. I'd like to see Pacioretty with Plaks and Akost and see if they can do any damage.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:12 PM
habtastic

Quote:
I wouldn't say they had bad games, moreso that they missed chances that we count on them for. If they don't score those, we won't win. Then again, they create the chances. Even Gionta missed some gimmes that I would never expect him to fan on.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Souvenirs

The thing that is infuriating about Gomez is that he'll go on this amazing rush and carry the puck in the offensive zone, only to pass it to the other team's defencemen
That aside, he was one of our best forwards.

We came out strong in the beginning of the 1st, then they scored on the PP and then proceeded to skate circles around us for most of the game.
Our 1st line is great,but they have no support from the other lines.
Hamrlik and Spacek are getting old and won't be able to keep up playing near 30 mins a game.
Get MAB off the ice. I'd rather give icetime to our young developing players than him. It's not like we're going to do anything this year anyway.

It's sad that we can't score more than 1 goal per game. We won't win as long as we don't get more offense from our secondary guys.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Schooner Guy

For all the Gill haters, our Defense has really been manhandled in front of our net the last three games without Big Hal. With Gill in the lineup, the front of the net is cleared on those first two goals tonight. Also, Patrice Bergeron likely doesn't tie it up in Boston the other night.

Regarding tonight's overall performance, the game was lost in the 1st period when the Habs came out flat footed. Sure they poured it on in the 2nd and 3rd periods and lit up the shots on goal board but they dug themselves into too deep of a hole in the 1st and didn't deserve to win.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daice View Post
it's as if your boss wants to give you a big ass raise that you don't fully 100% deserve, are you gonna say, no sir, i will be happy with less, let's be serious here
Exactly.

And about Gainey willing to overpay, well, it's as if your drilling company needs an experienced geologist but there isn't any on the market looking for a job. So what to do? You pay more to snatch one from a competitor. (It's not exactly like that with Gomez, but you get the point.)

Old
11-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:

I agree, the salary is not the player's fault...but in a salary cap world, Gomez's outrageous salary is preventing Bob from having at least an extra 2.5 million dollars to spend on things like say, another defenceman or another top 6 winger.

I like Gomez, but I don't like his salary.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:20 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daice View Post
He picked up that salary in NYR. Good for him. Why wouldn't he want the salary. Gainey knew the contract was big, but when you evaluate whether he's worth it I have to go with a resounding YES. He brings it every night and with his linemates always creates a chance. Also a good locker room guy. It really doesn't seem like we have money issues. Who should we have gotten instead that was available. Sather WANTED to clear up his spot for Gaborik. There weren't many similar situations I can think of. BTW, I agree with you, it's not his fault he has a big salary. I have no idea why people are still harping about him and his salary when people aren't earning their 1 millions.

just wondering: who COULD we get with that extra 2.5? (and take away Gomez, cuz we wouldn't have him).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I wouldn't say they had bad games, moreso that they missed chances that we count on them for. If they don't score those, we won't win. Then again, they create the chances. Even Gionta missed some gimmes that I would never expect him to fan on.
Cammy just didn't have a feel for the puck tonight, he was bobbling pucks all game and just looked shaky at times.

Gomez tried to do too much and it showed. When he rushed the puck he tried to beat all 5 players instead of curling back and allowing his teammates to take advantage of the space he created. He also fluttered saucer passes to no one for a big part of the game.

So what if they managed to turn it on in the last 10 mins of the third, that doesn't make up for the 40-50 mins before that.

Old
11-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Markov back, AK keeping up the effort, we call up SK and this team looks very different.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote