HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn is taking off...

Old
11-07-2009, 08:44 PM
snakeye

vCash: 500
Kostitsyn is taking off...

Time to shuffle the lines? I think so...

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Latendresse - Lapierre - White
Pyatt - Metropolit - Moen

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:02 PM
habtastic

Agree, good lines but I think tonight, Pyatt and Metro>Lapierre so I would play that 4th line more than the third. What's the status with Dago?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:04 PM
GoodKiwi

Andrei has been better every game he has played lately.

What's next? A 0-0-0-2 game from him?

Wow...

Last edited by GoodKiwi: 11-07-2009 at 09:27 PM.
GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Schooner Guy

Don Cherry and Ron MacLean badmouthed AK46 tonight after the Leafs-Wings game by showing the icing clip where AK took out two Lightning players. Cherry went on about AK not having any respect. At least the Bell Centre crowd appreciated AK's hustle.

If it was Gary Roberts or Darcy Tucker, Cherry would be putting the clip on his next Rock'em Sock'em DVD and call them warriors for doing it.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:24 PM
mvp76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Don Cherry and Ron MacLean badmouthed AK46 tonight after the Leafs-Wings game by showing the icing clip where AK took out two Lightning players. Cherry went on about AK not having any respect. At least the Bell Centre crowd appreciated AK's hustle.

If it was Gary Roberts or Darcy Tucker, Cherry would be putting the clip on his next Rock'em Sock'em DVD and call them warriors for doing it.

lol, I was thinking the same thing..Don's a tool, such a rough exterior but on the inside he's really just a big teddy bear.

As for Kosty, we really need him in our top 6. We are going to need some secondary scoring and surely the team needs some of these players to step up.

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:26 PM
habtastic

wow..that is just ridiculous. they obviously weren't watching the game. One of his best "plays" and they **** on him. Idiots. If anything, he was interfered with. Why is he not allowed to battle for the puck? Why am I even surprised at what any hockey commentators say?

Old
11-07-2009, 09:44 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Agree, good lines but I think tonight, Pyatt and Metro>Lapierre so I would play that 4th line more than the third. What's the status with Dago?
lol yeah I just switched the two before posting the thread. Thought they look more offensive on paper.

Old
11-07-2009, 09:47 PM
GoodKiwi

There is no player I hate on this team. And there is no player that I will bash (and do me a favor, look up my posts if you don't believe me).

But Andrei is simply not cutting it. It beyond the point where I'm satisfied with his effort only. I want to see production from him and I did not see anything that will convince me it will come soon.

Old
11-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

AK is third on the team with 28 hits.

Atta boy. Keep knockin' em down.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
There is no player I hate on this team. And there is no player that I will bash (and do me a favor, look up my posts if you don't believe me).

But Andrei is simply not cutting it. It beyond the point where I'm satisfied with his effort only. I want to see production from him and I did not see anything that will convince me it will come soon.
In the last two games, he has assisted on half our goals.

Old
11-07-2009, 09:59 PM
snakeye

Quote:
lol this. What has our first line done in the last two games?

Old
11-07-2009, 10:01 PM
TankEller*

I don't know what Martin's waiting for to give him some big icetime.

If he expects Andrei to be a d-wizz, he'll wait a lot.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 10:05 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Now if he could only start getting some points

I made some changes to your bottom 6!

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Metropolit-White
Latendresse-Pyatt-Lapierre

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 10:07 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
In our last 17 games he has assisted on 4 goals, while our first line has assisted on 20.

See, I can be selective too.

Old
11-07-2009, 10:14 PM
mvp76

Too bad D'ago got knocked out, that Lats-Metro-D'ago line looked like it had some chemistry the few games they played together

Old
11-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
In our last 17 games he has assisted on 4 goals, while our first line has assisted on 20.

See, I can be selective too.
I'm not defending AK46 but you were talking about wanting production "beyond the point where I'm satisfied with his effort only." In my opinion, he has only cranked up his effort level in the last two games and this has resulted in one assist in two games (while the team has only scored two goals). I guess I'm just pointing out that his effort and production levels aren't mutually exclusive and that he's not the only one who isn't producing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzurri2006 View Post
Too bad D'ago got knocked out, that Lats-Metro-D'ago line looked like it had some chemistry the few games they played together
Wasn't it Chipchura centering Lats and D'Ago? It was Chipchura who went after Ladd and it was Chips who centered them when they had that great game against the Rangers.

IMO, Chips should still be in the lineup. Our lineup has been too small without Chips and Gill and we've been getting manhandled down low at both ends of the ice.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-07-2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Merge
Old
11-07-2009, 10:28 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
I'm not defending AK46 but you were talking about wanting production "beyond the point where I'm satisfied with his effort only." In my opinion, he has only cranked up his effort level in the last two games and this has resulted in one assist in two games (while the team has only scored two goals). I guess I'm just pointing out that his effort and production levels aren't mutually exclusive and that he's not the only one who isn't producing.
I will not argue about his better effort in our last couple of games or so, but I will point out that his progression curve has been way too flat for someone who is paid over 3 mil per season. And I'm not just talking about this season. But any way you slice it, 3 goals in his last 30 games (give or take, don't remember his exact stats) is not acceptable.

But then again, I've never beet a player fan, but a team fan much more so. I will throw anyone under the bus if I feel he is not producing (and I'm not just talking about points here) up to his potential/salary.

Last edited by GoodKiwi: 11-07-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old
11-07-2009, 10:32 PM
habtastic

Quote:

what's odd is that you're posting this NOW. not two games ago or before. He's actually been very good comparatively tonight and the game before and the game before that.

Also, it's funny that you don't hate MAB.

Old
11-07-2009, 10:35 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
what's odd is that you're posting this NOW. not two games ago or before. He's actually been very good comparatively tonight and the game before and the game before that.

Also, it's funny that you don't hate MAB.
I have posted this several times before. I just don't want to sound like a broken record to post it every night. Or else I will be labeled a Kostitsyn hater by more posters here than my ignore list can hold.

P.S. I don't hate MAB, because as someone who watches 2-3 NHL games per night I certainly knew what we were getting before his signing. I was just happy we did not pay more than we did for his services.

Old
11-07-2009, 10:37 PM
mvp76

Quote:
Wasn't it Chipchura centering Lats and D'Ago? It was Chipchura who went after Ladd and it was Chips who centered them when they had that great game against the Rangers.

IMO, Chips should still be in the lineup. Our lineup has been too small without Chips and Gill and we've been getting manhandled down low at both ends of the ice.

I believe your right, when I was writing it, I was questioning it...

Chips should be back in the line up soon. The call ups from what I read was to add some players for the struggling penalty kill. Chips and Stewart are the ones paying.

Old
11-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzurri2006 View Post
I believe your right, when I was writing it, I was questioning it...

Chips should be back in the line up soon. The call ups from what I read was to add some players for the struggling penalty kill. Chips and Stewart are the ones paying.
It's funny that Chips had a bunch of good games in a row and then Stewart gets put on his line for one game and now Chips is in the stands. I don't get it. Even in Chips' first game of the season (after having no pre-season) in Calgary, Chips was minus-3 but two of those goals wouldn't have occurred if Stewart could take a breakout pass from the D-man and get the puck out of our end. Stewart's been a line killer all year.

Old
11-07-2009, 11:09 PM
mvp76

Yeah, Stewart has struggled. Probably the reason he's played so few games this season. Wonder if he'll stick around or be sent back down after we see some of the call ups and get some injured players back..

I see none of the new guys played any pk today, so I don't know where the article was getting it at. Good to have some internal competition pushing some of the players out there

Old
11-07-2009, 11:28 PM
marvelousmotion

Whatever the line combos are.. I just don't want to see Lapierre and Latendresse on the 2nd line anymore. Honestly, it's time for Matin to stop those kind of experiments and make players uncomfortable by putting them in roles they are obviously not suited for. I'm fine with doing that one or two games, but it's been a while now.. That being said, please, no more Ryan White on the 2nd line next game.

It's really frustrating that game after game, this team's offense relies entirely on the same three players' shoulders. There is no secondary scoring. Plekanec is doing his best out there, but he simply cannot generate anything in the offensive zone playing with players like Lapierre, Latendresse and White.

Andrei Kostitsyn is the only solution. This team's lack of depth is being exposed.. fact = this roster lacks talent. Kostitsyn is the only one left on the team who has the offensive skills to score goals. Sadly, this team will only go as far as this guy will go. In order to win games, you'll have to find a way to make him produce.. and fortunately, it looks like he has been finding back his groove and is due to come out of his slump soon.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 11:59 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Time to shuffle the lines? I think so...

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Latendresse - Lapierre - White
Pyatt - Metropolit - Moen

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 12:03 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
No... Carbo's seal of approval would require Bergeron on offense.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote