HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#18 - 11.07.09 | New York Rangers @ Calgary Flames | 10:00 PM - MSG PLUS (HD)

Old
11-08-2009, 01:32 AM
egelband

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
joke of an effort
disagree here. rangers looked good and had a lot of chances. just a great performance by kiprusoff.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 01:33 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR510 View Post
Grachev time folks.
yes. this!

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 01:54 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
yes. this!
I wonder about this, and hope it would not be too much too soon for Grachev. If indeed it happens.

Paranteau I can see happening for sure.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 02:13 AM
indigosurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Correction: Glencross is a cheap player. he proved it to millions tonight. You might wish he was not, but he has proven himself.
This must be your first time actually seeing Glencross play. He's by no means a dirty player. I don't have to prove it because he has virtually no record of anything detrimental to his game.

I was at the game tonight, and I can tell you, that was not a cheap hit. Msot of the crowd barely even saw it as their focus had shifted down the ice, but I was sitting almost directly across from the hit when it happened, except on the other side of the rink. Glencross was chasing after the puck and Drury had his head turned left while moving forward. The play was not vicious in any sense of the word. it was barely even a hit.
It's just unfortunate that Drury was clipped in a vunerable situation, but you calling Curtis a cheap player because of that one play is absurd. If Mike Richards didn't get suspended for his shoulder-to-head on Booth, the this, which in my opinion is a very similar 'hit' isn't suspendable either. You can't suspend someone for skating in the direction of the puck.

Anyway. Great game tonight. Love both the Flames and the Rangers and was so stoked to actually watch both teams (and see Avery get toppled over by Dion, wish it had've been more devistating, but with the Rangers down two centers already, I'm actually thankful Phaneuf didn't try to destroy him). Good with the rest of your guys' season.

indigosurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigosurf View Post
This must be your first time actually seeing Glencross play. He's by no means a dirty player. I don't have to prove it because he has virtually no record of anything detrimental to his game.

I was at the game tonight, and I can tell you, that was not a cheap hit. Msot of the crowd barely even saw it as their focus had shifted down the ice, but I was sitting almost directly across from the hit when it happened, except on the other side of the rink. Glencross was chasing after the puck and Drury had his head turned left while moving forward. The play was not vicious in any sense of the word. it was barely even a hit.
It's just unfortunate that Drury was clipped in a vunerable situation, but you calling Curtis a cheap player because of that one play is absurd. If Mike Richards didn't get suspended for his shoulder-to-head on Booth, the this, which in my opinion is a very similar 'hit' isn't suspendable either. You can't suspend someone for skating in the direction of the puck.

So, if the puck is 30 feet away from me and I'm skating in the puck's general direction and you happen to be in between me and the puck and I put my shoulder into your head and give you a concussion (all of this while the puck is 30 feet away from us) there is nothing wrong with that because I was "skating in the direction of the puck?"

Booth had just dished off the puck when Richards hit him. The NHL timed it frame by frame and there was literally about a second of elapsed time between the puck leaving Booth's blade and Richards making contact with him.

The puck was no where near Chris Drury when Glencross hit him. He hadn't just passed it. He hadn't just shot it. He hadn't just sneezed on it. It was no where near him.

If "skating in the general direction of the puck" was a legitimate justification of a hit than there wouldn't be any rules regarding interference in the NHL rulebook.

Gimme a break.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 03:00 AM
benneyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt4lyfe View Post
yes. next question?
You are insane. No Way Staal is worth anything close to $4mm per year. There is such a thing as a salary cap you know, and defensive Dmen who turn the puck over when asked to contribute offensively cannot be paid that much.

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 04:04 AM
shon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
Really? Were you watching the same game I was?
torts thought it was one of the team's best efforts.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 06:37 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

solid game last night. i agree, one of our guttiest efforts in a very physical game.

everyone on calgary finishes checks. us, not so much. great pace to the game. we got a bit of the tom renney in us last night, chances but no finish. kipper stole that game. period.

the drury thing sucks really since it was a sensless cheapshot to the head. these kind of hits need to stop. penalize glencross 5 games, that will be a start.

the dubi thing is worse. although i still feel hes wayyyyy over rated offensively, hes a heart and soul guy and he will be missed. wearing a hard cast is never good when you play ice hockey.

but, injuries create opportunity. someone will step up and lets see who it is.

i will say this, we had too many forwards before, so now the choice is play whom we have ie, aaron virus and brash or bring some one up or aquire someone. i will say we dont need to aquire anyone, and virus and brash arent the answer for sure.

expect to see either pap or grach here for thursday and maybe locke and lots of prospal and arty at center with boyle playing 3rd line mnutes.

i will never root for a nyr player to go down, but the drury injury pales in compariosn to dubi. well miss him way more.

oh and for the record, very disappointed in 2 forwards recently.

lisin- looks lost.
cally- same

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Levitate

Yeah Rangers outplayed Calgary everywhere except in goal, where Kipper made the difference. Sucks to lose that way but the Rangers played well.

That hit on Drury was cheap, and intentional. Maybe not intentional in a "I hope I injure him kind of way", but the contact wasn't accidental

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 08:47 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
What's with the Vally hate?

In all honesty, I didn't even see the puck go in the goal on the replay. Not only did it not matter (because we didn't score anyway), but I feel that goal was ALL on Staal.

Bad play, bad giveaway.

Can we not give credit to the way the Flames played (especially Kipper)? Kipper was phenomenal. We didn't win due to injuries, bad turnovers (coughcoughStaal), a bad call by the referee (ppg), and our inability to score on chances (Dubi, Cally, Kotalik).
Right, because the goal that put them up 3-1 is the reason we lost. Overall Vally played a solid game but the first goal was undeniably a little weak.

I do agree that the Flames capitalized on their chances and Kipper played well, despite a good effort from the Rangers.

11-08-2009, 08:53 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Give me a break, there's a pretty key difference between the Booth and Drury situations; Booth had just passed the puck, Drury never even came close to touching the puck. Puck possession is one of the key determining factors in ascertaining whether or not a hit is legal; the two situations are completely non-comparable. Suckering a player like Glencross did who isn't looking, is vulnerable, and doesn't have the puck (and never had the puck) is dirty. I'm not saying he's a "dirty player" but if you really don't think that was a dirty hit you need to take off the red glasses.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 09:25 AM
rvdnsx

Quote:

Anyway. Great game tonight. Love both the Flames and the Rangers and was so stoked to actually watch both teams (and see Avery get toppled over by Dion, wish it had've been more devistating, but with the Rangers down two centers already, I'm actually thankful Phaneuf didn't try to destroy him). Good with the rest of your guys' season.
maybe if deity wasn't concussed, after the hit he shouldve got up, ran like a whiny baby around the ice saying "my nose is bleeding, you have to give them a penalty because my nose is bleeding, if you don't do it I'm gonna get my uncle Gary on the phone!". Oh, wait a minute, Drury is not Craig "Cindy" Conroy. What a bunch of crap, you can't go back and make up a penalty because a player whines like a girl. I was sick to my stomach seeing conroy shreiking like a banshee one minute, and the next minute he was on the bench after wiping away his blood and tears with a Kleenex like nothing happened. Obviously if he was truly hurt he still wouldve been sitting there *****ing.

rvdnsx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 01:09 PM
lbrowne

I'm not sure how people are dissappointed with the effort.

I was in the Rangers attack zone for 2 periods and we were making them look plain AHL skill with our passing.

Kipper without a doubt was the reason they won. Vally did let in a goal or 2 that maybe Henrik wouldn't have, but when it's all said and done we would have overcome those goals if it weren't for the masked man at the other end.

Horrible news about Dubi and Drury, I know there's hate on Drury around here but he's our Captain and it's a loss for us.

Time for others to step up and show what you got.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Blueshirt Special

I have not been happy with Drury's performance but I sure as hell don't want him to come out of the lineup this way.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote