HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Predators: Passion=Power=Paxil

Old
11-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Raitis' penalty wasn't that bad, could very easily have been a holding the stick, the Pred helped it along quite a bit. At least, that was what it looked like from my POV.

Also, as Fishhead mentioned, the bounces were crappy. Total Murphy's law out there, every bad bounce that could have happened, did. I thought the Preds played well though. Good counterattacking with speed. Ellis was better than I expected/hoped.

In regards to the above, ********. The fans were cheering at the start, the fans were cheering the PK, the fans were cheering for big saves. But when the team comes out and plays with zero fire, the fans don't owe them ****. It is impossible to muster up any additional support for a lackluster effort like yesterday.
We can agree to disagree on the fan issue. Personally, when the team is off, we owe it to the team to cheer louder. I have never played on a professional level, but at an amateur level, the players feed off the fans. It is like shot of inspiration. That is what makes the Coyotes record this season so much more impressive. They are doing it without the fans. One of these days, I have to start getting to other arenas around the country in the major fan heavy markets like NY, Detroit, Minnesota, Boston, etc. to see what their fans are like.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
We can agree to disagree on the fan issue. Personally, when the team is off, we owe it to the team to cheer louder. I have never played on a professional level, but at an amateur level, the players feed off the fans. It is like shot of inspiration. That is what makes the Coyotes record this season so much more impressive. They are doing it without the fans. One of these days, I have to start getting to other arenas around the country in the major fan heavy markets like NY, Detroit, Minnesota, Boston, etc. to see what their fans are like.
I don't agree to that.

I hear ya but the thing is, any time they gave us something to applaud, I think we responded well. Cheering for **** play is just too much, imo.

On the bright side, the team LA sale was sweet.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Shellz

Quote:
I don't agree to that.

I hear ya but the thing is, any time they gave us something to applaud, I think we responded well. Cheering for **** play is just too much, imo.

That sounds totally ridiculous. If you want to help your team when they aren't playing so well, you cheer for them to help them get back on their game. Jeez.

But, I mean, what kind of Kings fan would want to do that.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I don't agree to that.

You are not cheering the **** play brother, you are inspiring the team on...it has an impact. In the playoffs, it is huge.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Viper29

Oh well, my bad Ahh whatever guys cheer up. We can't win every game, we're bound to have a stinker every now and again. Case in point look at Detroit last night against the Leafs... 5-1 Leafs, that was WAY worse than losing to the Preds... let's put this one behind us and move on... and could someone trash that "we need consistent goaltending" thread... pure BS, we're fine. I personally think we should have rested Quick yesterday and put in Ersberg against Nashville and keep a better rested Quick for Chicago on Monday... oh well we'll get back on track Monday night... GO KINGS!

Viper29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
That sounds totally ridiculous. If you want to help your team when they aren't playing so well, you cheer for them to help them get back on their game. Jeez.

But, I mean, what kind of Kings fan would want to do that.
Good Lord, I'm not saying it's good to sit on your hands the whole game, and I don't do that, but to expect a semi-full arena to go crazy when the players aren't trying is just not realistic. People attempted to cheer, the players still skated like they were stoned, people gave up and I don't think you can fault them for it. As simple as that. Chill out.

I agree about inspiring them, Zad, I just think don't think it was possible yesterday. Had that been a playoff game, a) the place would have been packed and b) cheering wouldn't have been an issue (although I'm sure the bandwagon fans would have needed a push).

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 12:01 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
A few tidbits for those who were not there.

The arena was not 15,000 +. Closer to 11,000

The crowd sucked nearly as bad as the team. DIEHARD and I tried to get a LETS GO KINGS going and wow, you would think we were in church.

Quick's stick throwing incident was comedy. The puck was going 6 feet wide.

Smyth played a very good game. Control of the puck, created several chances all by himself and through his hard work. He was very difficult to knock off the puck.

Kopitar was just a little off. It wasn't for a lack of effort, but it reminded me of a player who wanted to take over the game but passes just would not connect and we played most of the game in our own zone.

Ivanans' penalty was stupid. Frolov's penalty in the third was even worse.

Stoll was skating well most of the game and he had a similar game as Kopitar.

Honestly, I don't know what Williams was doing today and I like the guy. He had a few shifts where he could not read the play. He was passing right to the Predators in our zone and either he or his line mates were not communicating.

Handzus and Simmonds were invisible.

Quick should have had point shot. I forget which one it was, but the goal was stoppable. From his 3rd or 4th game last season, I became worried about his reads and positioning on the point shots. He drops to his knees too early and gets beat high and becomes susceptible to rebounds. That's timing and Bill needs to work with him on it.

Jack wasn't jumping into the play at all. He looked like Greene out there. Greene looked like Modry on a couple of plays and O'D looked worn out. I commented to DIEHARD why none of the defensemen (Doughty included) are playing back on nearly every play. It was as if they had no interest in generating offense, just guarding against the counter attack. The problem was this happened from the drop of the puck.

Murray is being kind when he says take nothing away like Nashville. Nashville played like ****. The hard work in the corners wasn't Nashville playing well, it was the Kings not going to the corners. Ron could have kept the cycle going in the Kings' offensive zone.

That third goal sucked the life out of the team. You could almost feel the team deflate.

Did I mention the fans sucked? If any of you were at the game and sitting on your *****, you owe the team some enthusiasm and positive energy next time and don't tell me you were ****ing worn out from the Pittsburgh game or the team didn't give you anything to cheer about. THAT is exactly when you have to get into it.
i was there, in pr 14 trying to get the Lets Go Kings chant going with my three other friends, but the whole section i was in was lame as ****, andi let them know that as well. That section embarassed me, as well as the kings embarassed me.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 12:08 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
also, i dont know how many times i can say that Iva-garbage should not be on this team. he is a mediocre boxer who has no more idea how to play hockey than a 6 year old girl.

Kopitar looked drunk, he must have partied too much after that pens game, worst game of the year for him.

I dont know if anyone else feels the way i do, but i am really starting to hate matt greenes play. Other than his nice checks along the boards, he sucks.

Quick looked great i thought though, made a ton of saves that should have been goals.

Stoll looked decent, and Frolov will probably be benched again.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Something about Quick--By no means do I think he's playing 'bad,' but it's clear he was playing with a lack of focus, though I suppose the whole team was yesterday. But hucking his stick? lol. I was under the impression that was a penalty shot, but I guess it's not if the puck isn't on net? Do you think he maybe needs a 1-game break/rest?

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Something about Quick--By no means do I think he's playing 'bad,' but it's clear he was playing with a lack of focus, though I suppose the whole team was yesterday. But hucking his stick? lol. I was under the impression that was a penalty shot, but I guess it's not if the puck isn't on net? Do you think he maybe needs a 1-game break/rest?
Yes, but not after yesterday.....you'd want to sit him after a win or two, IMO. Wouldn't want to hurt his confidence...

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Something about Quick--By no means do I think he's playing 'bad,' but it's clear he was playing with a lack of focus, though I suppose the whole team was yesterday. But hucking his stick? lol. I was under the impression that was a penalty shot, but I guess it's not if the puck isn't on net?
If I recall correctly, throwing your stick on a non-breakaway is a two minute penalty. Throwing your stick on a breakaway results in a penalty shot. A non-goalie throwing his stick on a shot on an empty net results in an automatic goal.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 03:23 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I think the only players that set their alarm for the 1pm start were Quick, Greene, Drewiske, and Williams.

Kopitar was a turnover machine Saturday, and as a team they just weren't heavy enough on their sticks, so they lost too many battles along the boards.
I would substituteSmyth for Williams on that list.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 06:56 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Either you believe in our boys or you don't! None of this bandwagon nonsense.

I ALWAYS believe in our boys!!!

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
MxK1NGS

[QUOTE=funky;22011476]Crappy game, well at least from what I heard. 3 points:

1. Why is Ivanans on the ice? Brutal timing for a penalty yet again

2. we are still 10 - 5 - 2 with a young up and coming team

3. D/L stated he has the approval from ownership to get a player we need to put us over the top if we keep playing well/QUOTE]

Link?

Last edited by MxK1NGS: 11-08-2009 at 07:16 PM.
MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Good Lord, I'm not saying it's good to sit on your hands the whole game, and I don't do that, but to expect a semi-full arena to go crazy when the players aren't trying is just not realistic. People attempted to cheer, the players still skated like they were stoned, people gave up and I don't think you can fault them for it. As simple as that. Chill out.

I agree about inspiring them, Zad, I just think don't think it was possible yesterday. Had that been a playoff game, a) the place would have been packed and b) cheering wouldn't have been an issue (although I'm sure the bandwagon fans would have needed a push).
I am relax, thanks I just don't agree with anything you have to say.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 08:47 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
I would substituteSmyth for Williams on that list.
I wouldn't substitute, but I could possibly add.

Williams was very alert in his own zone at the beginning of the game and saved Kopitar's bacon after he turned the puck over on at least three separate occasions.

I can agree though if you want to say that Kopitar was that line's problem on Saturday.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:38 AM
SLang

I think every team has to have a game like this now and then. It serves a ton of reminders about how hard they have to work and that in the NHL, EVERY team will destroy you if you don't do that.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote