HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues (5-6-2) at Flyers (8-4-1) Nov 7, 6:00 PM

Old
11-08-2009, 12:27 PM
SteenMachine

vCash: 500
All I can say about that game that hasn't been said already is Chris Mason deserves so many more wins than he's getting.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Cheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Do we know for sure if Eller will play tonight?
JR's twitter says that McDonald and Jackman (and Polak) are in tonight. My understanding was that Eller was an emergency replacement for McDonald, and once he comes back, Eller's status either has to be changed or he has to be sent back down?

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
BergMan
#BackesForSelke

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyesinBlue View Post
All I can say about that game that hasn't been said already is Chris Mason deserves so many more wins than he's getting.
+100 He's been working so hard and making so many just incredible saves it's been so exciting to watch. Its unfortunate he's had to take losses on great performances bc our offence is quite lacking right now.

[QUOTE=John Flyers Fan;22024353]A few comments and question from a Flyers fan that attended the game last night.

Berglund - until mid-way through the 3rd period, I was checking to see if he was injured adn not playing. Completely unnoticeable and irrelevant. Very surprising as to me when we played you last year, I thought he was your best player that night, and a star in the making. Was that just a one night think, or has he regressed this seaon?
[QUOTE]

Berglund's tricky. He started last year on a hot streak and was in the Caulder runing for a while but then he kindof hit the wall. This year it seems like he hasn't been able to snipe for many reasons. mostly it seems like the blues are trying more to get big shots from the point and either deflect or get a good rebound. He seems like hes getting more confortable. Maybe he felt a little too much pressure and expectation from being on a line with kariya and boys but he seems to be improving slowly.

BergMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Robb_K

Evidently, Eller's status was changed. There was already roster room, so no other player had to be dropped. One additional player had to be scratched.

Eller and Oshie being on Berglund's line have helped him feel comfortable, and play more naturally. I think he was pressing, trying to keep up with Karia and Boyes' standards (or with whatever other veterans he was combined.) With the other kids, he seems to relax more, and play more instinctively.

I think he'll be okay, if he gets to stay with these linemates for good amount of time.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:14 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I don't understand why Eller's call-up was "emergency" status in the first place. Is there some advantage to it (with a rookie contract)? I understand there is advantage when its a guy like Stastny or Armstrong who might otherwise be exposed to waivers. How else is it different?

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote