HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Lines at Practice

Old
11-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
Why not Chipchura ? He's improved his skating , big and strong , not afraid to drop the glove's and he has some skill and vision and unlike some who have gotten a shot on the second line he has some real hockey sense .
Should we take him out to a pier and make him demonstrate that he can shoot a puck into the St. Lawrence? When he succeeds in doing that, we should next have him shoot at a soccer goal and, eventually, a hockey net. Of course, it would spoil the fun if there was a goaltender standing in front of it.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Whether you're looking to package the K brothers to get some help or not, I think it's high time to try pluging Sergei with his brother on the 2nd line. No secondary scoring idea has worked, and it's time to exhaust the possibilities.
Bonus: if they're looking to trade Sergei, he'll be more marketable in Montreal.

Playing natural defensive centers on the wing on a scoring line, is a recipe for failure. I can't blame Lapierre for his recent play, he's put in a role he wasn't cut out for...
It was worth trying. The Habs are short of offensively gifted forwards and the Kostitsyn brothers were both not playing well. Poor Plekanec! Just when he's making a successful comeback, he gets stuck with donkeys instead of thoroughbreds.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Gainey offered kovalev a contract.

Sigh.
Hahaha, for some reason I thought this was hilarious. You win.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:24 PM
HockeyF3ind

I think Sergei will soon get a call up. He seems to turning over a new leaf in the AHL under Guy and hopefully this will translate into a call up. There is no other better option to potentially spark the 2nd line with scoring.

Cammy - Gomez - Gionta
S Kost - Plecks - A Kost
Patches - Metro - Moen
Lats - Laps - (insert whoever)

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:39 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Should we take him out to a pier and make him demonstrate that he can shoot a puck into the St. Lawrence? When he succeeds in doing that, we should next have him shoot at a soccer goal and, eventually, a hockey net. Of course, it would spoil the fun if there was a goaltender standing in front of it.
because chipchura's job so far has been to create offense, right?

Last edited by overlords: 11-08-2009 at 10:46 PM.
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_carlson View Post
No good news for Chipchura and Stewart ...
no it isn't and really unfortunate for Chipchura. I know people are in love with Pyatt and White but I don't remember Chipchura in recent weeks be hemmed into his own zone as much as those two.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:45 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
I'm happy for Andrei and Carle !

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:47 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
no it isn't and really unfortunate for Chipchura. I know people are in love with Pyatt and White but I don't remember Chipchura in recent weeks be hemmed into his own zone as much as those two.
chipchura should center those two and see how it goes. Patches needs to be sent to the A anyway. He's been invisible for weeks.

Old
11-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
I think Sergei will soon get a call up. He seems to turning over a new leaf in the AHL under Guy and hopefully this will translate into a call up. There is no other better option to potentially spark the 2nd line with scoring.

Cammy - Gomez - Gionta
S Kost - Plecks - A Kost
Patches - Metro - Moen
Lats - Laps - (insert whoever)
I hope you're right.
What are they waiting for?! 8-12 record? 9-14 record?

I could be wrong of course, but I predict a very energized Sergei (if/when he returns), if they can only give him one more chance...it might also give a huge boost to Andrei and Pleks can only help those two and...together they can form a VERY solid 2nd line.

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
S.Kosts - Pleks - A.Kosts
Paccio - Metro - Moen
Pyatt/Chip - Lapierre/Pyatt - Chipchura/White

OR

put Gionta with Pleks (don't leave Pleks by himself, he's playing so well).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 11-08-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
chipchura should center those two and see how it goes. Patches needs to be sent to the A anyway. He's been invisible for weeks.
This is far from an unpopular view, but I've yet to see anyone lay out how this would actually help MaxPac. I've heard buzz phrases like "learn how to dominate offensively" (which I don't think was ever in his potential to do at the NHL level, I don't care if he's a 1st round draft pick or not), but don't know what he has left to learn in the AHL that will help him do that, or anything else, more quickly in the NHL than actually playing at that level right now.

Which is to say, if you have noticed something that apparently no one else has (or I'm sure they would have expanded on it by now instead of just repeating the "send him down" mantra), I'd love to read it. Because I can see a lot of little things that he could do differently (most of which require playing at NHL speeds, not with/against scrubs at a lower level), but can't watch and focus on him live (nor at practice) so I can only see what he does while he's caught in the view provided by the 46" box between my speakers or the 19" one I'm using right now.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 11:11 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
This is far from an unpopular view, but I've yet to see anyone lay out how this would actually help MaxPac. I've heard buzz phrases like "learn how to dominate offensively" (which I don't think was ever in his potential to do at the NHL level, I don't care if he's a 1st round draft pick or not), but don't know what he has left to learn in the AHL that will help him do that, or anything else, more quickly in the NHL than actually playing at that level right now.

Which is to say, if you have noticed something that apparently no one else has (or I'm sure they would have expanded on it by now instead of just repeating the "send him down" mantra), I'd love to read it. Because I can see a lot of little things that he could do differently (most of which require playing at NHL speeds, not with/against scrubs at a lower level), but can't watch and focus on him live (nor at practice) so I can only see what he does while he's caught in the view provided by the 46" box between my speakers or the 19" one I'm using right now.
Not sure if you're taking a shot at me, but it's late so I'll let it go

I'm not picking on the guy, i just think he needs to get his confidence back up. Also, even when he was on his game last year, he was no goalscoring threat. I'm talking about NHL and AHL here. He was mostly an assists guy.

I just don't want him to turn into another latendresse, you know? We're seeing what rushing prospects has done to other players. I have high hopes for Max Pac and I just want to see him succeed.

Old
11-09-2009, 01:17 AM
la25ecoupe

Cammy - Plek - Gionta
SK - Gomer - AK
Patches - Metro - Moen
White - Pyatt - Laps

good young team

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 02:10 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Not sure if you're taking a shot at me, but it's late so I'll let it go

I'm not picking on the guy, i just think he needs to get his confidence back up. Also, even when he was on his game last year, he was no goalscoring threat. I'm talking about NHL and AHL here. He was mostly an assists guy.

I just don't want him to turn into another latendresse, you know? We're seeing what rushing prospects has done to other players. I have high hopes for Max Pac and I just want to see him succeed.
Not a shot at all, although I can see where it might have seemed that way. No, honestly and specifically, what would improve in his game playing in the NHL, and would it improve quicker playing/practicing with and against minor leagers, or against real NHLers?

I ask, because fundamentally and physically he seems ready for the NHL. If we're talking about things like following the play, timing, forechecking, defensive schemes/positioning, linemate chemistry, etc, he's probably better off jumping right in and getting these things in the NHL with/from NHL players beside him. I've never been sold on the AHL as a "confidence factory", as I think all players are well aware that the level of the two leagues is miles apart, and that there are plenty of guys who dominate the AHL and never find permanent NHL homes. Sticking in the NHL is as much of a confidence booster for a young player as anything, I suspect. Better for the ego than getting cut from camp, for example.

If you're physically mature, and fundamentally sound enough to stay in the play at the NHL level, there's really no need to waste time at the AHL level anymore. It will take him a few years to get up to speed/potential, but it would take that time PLUS time spent in the AHL if you send him down (and the Habs end up with another spot to fill in the lineup anyway). Mind you, this is my impression as relates to MaxPac specifically, not young players in general, obviously.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Cammy - Plek - Gionta
SK - Gomer - AK
Patches - Metro - Moen
White - Pyatt - Laps

good young team
I like this lineup but where is Lats

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 02:34 AM

WTF I thought Leach was signed for Hamilton.

Leach-Bergeron OMG!

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 04:52 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

its probably just a therapy day for Mara. They needed to get leach some practice time with the team anyhow.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 07:22 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
So you agree that he won't do any worse than the other player's who have already been given a shot .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 08:05 AM
linp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
This is far from an unpopular view, but I've yet to see anyone lay out how this would actually help MaxPac.
Currently, MaxPac didn't see the play well. He is now playing as a checker and has been improving as a checker. He needs to learn to make good and quick passes and get into position to take good shots. In the AHL, he would play against much weaker opponents. He'll have more time on the ice to improve as a top six forward. The coaches will train him to do that. In the NHL, the coach assigns him on a checking line. We don't want MaxPac to become another Lapierre.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Boulette Cannon

If Sergei is ready and Boucher thinks he got his head out of his ass, then bring him up and send Pacioretty down.

He's clearly not ready.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 08:40 AM
TheCH*

People are on Latendresse for not being physical enough(which is true, he should be more aggressive), but that same complaint would apply even more so to Pacioretty.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
People are on Latendresse for not being physical enough(which is true, he should be more aggressive), but that same complaint would apply even more so to Pacioretty.
misery sure loves company dont it.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Guillaume isn't an agressive type player. He has been a perimeter player at all levels and will be for the rest of his hockey career. Just let him play his game, and he'll progress faster and be more useful to the team.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamary View Post
Guillaume isn't an agressive type player. He has been a perimeter player at all levels and will be for the rest of his hockey career. Just let him play his game, and he'll progress faster and be more useful to the team.
everyone seems to be confused about this.. it seems to me ''his game'' changes every game. Ive never seen a player who doesnt know his role and who's fans dont even know what his role is. Parts of the media call him 'le train'' -''the train'', now your saying his game isnt physical. Im confused. What is lats game exactly?

Last edited by Santino: 11-09-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 09:26 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Hope Kostitsyn will continue to work hard. Martin is maybe on to something with Andrei...
Why are they not trying

Cammalleri - Gomez - A.K ????

Plekanec and Gionta would make a good combo too.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 09:28 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamary View Post
If Sergei is ready and Boucher thinks he got his head out of his ass, then bring him up and send Pacioretty down.

He's clearly not ready.
Pacioretty needs more time at AHL level.

Why wait ?

As for S.K., hopefully he's back on track. But I beleive it when I see it in his case.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote