HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Blade lie...

Old
11-05-2009, 04:39 PM
articz28

vCash: 500
Blade lie...

I use a Iginla pattern now. It wears at the heal a little bit, but from what I hear that is caused by using to high of a lie is this true? I have no problems accepting passes and shooting its a mid low shot.. I don't know lol. Anyone agree with what I been reading? I know it all comes down to what your comfortable with, but if something that will step my game up a bit more i'm all ears.

articz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 04:56 PM
raygunpk
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

If you have no problems with stickhandling or passing/shooting, then it shouldn't be a concern. You may wear at the heel more because you drag your stick when you skate. I use a 5.5 and always wear at the heel because of this, and also because I always stickhandle only using the heel. I tried a lower lie and I just couldn't receive passes near my feet or stickhandle in tight.

The rocker of the blade also has an effect, so be aware of that.

raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 05:07 PM
articz28

What is the "Rocker"

Old
11-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Superstar Treatment

Send a message via AIM to Superstar Treatment
The profile of the bottom of your blade.

Superstar Treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 05:27 PM
articz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar Treatment View Post
The profile of the bottom of your blade.
Thanks.

yeah my blade lies pretty flat. I liked the heatley, but i dont know what pattern he is discontinued cant find blades anywhere.

Old
11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
DevilsFan38

Quote:
Originally Posted by articz28 View Post
Thanks.

yeah my blade lies pretty flat. I liked the heatley, but i dont know what pattern he is discontinued cant find blades anywhere.
http://www.hockeyzonemn.com/product_...roducts_id=869

That's the curve I like too, but if this store stops stocking them I might be in trouble.

DevilsFan38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 06:19 PM
articz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsFan38 View Post
http://www.hockeyzonemn.com/product_...roducts_id=869

That's the curve I like too, but if this store stops stocking them I might be in trouble.
Thanks but i need something tapered..

Old
11-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

My blades always wear down at the heel from stickhandling and at the toe from shooting/dragging the puck, oddly enough there's a lot less wear in the middle. The only way I'd be concerned is if you were a beginner who's missing passes and/or losing the puck.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 03:33 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by articz28 View Post
Thanks but i need something tapered..
Join the farking club. Easton doesn't make tapered blade in the heatley. Very few companies make anything with a lie lower then 5.5, and most don't make a huge number of tapered blades.

If you shorten your stick a tad it'll fix the lie issue as well, but it might take getting used to.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Hockeyfan68

I prefer a 6 lie but they are rare to find now and I settle for a 5.5 which is useable. I keep the puck closer to my feet and am more upright than some other players.

I wish a shop could offer something for everyone but they don't.

I would like to try out that Blake Wheeler 7 lie blade Bauer offers on their custom made Supreme One95 sticks.

As for the heatley pattern I own a few which are standard hosel blades and they were the 2008 Easton Synergy replacement blade line. I know you said you wanted one for a tapered shaft so I cannot help you too much with that.

I've been using Harrow and they have the patterns I like to use in the lie I like so I'm good with that. I finally found someone who makes what I need and want and in a tapered format.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 08:47 PM
wearethegreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I prefer a 6 lie but they are rare to find now and I settle for a 5.5 which is useable. I keep the puck closer to my feet and am more upright than some other players.

I would like to try out that Blake Wheeler 7 lie blade Bauer offers on their custom made Supreme One95 sticks.

As for the heatley pattern I own a few which are standard hosel blades and they were the 2008 Easton Synergy replacement blade line. I know you said you wanted one for a tapered shaft so I cannot help you too much with that.

I've been using Harrow and they have the patterns I like to use in the lie I like so I'm good with that. I finally found someone who makes what I need and want and in a tapered format.
The only consistent 6 lie stick I've seen is the naslund,backstrom p92 curve in Bauer sticks.

wearethegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 09:57 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post

same here, usually 5.5 but this Winnwell is a 6 and i am quite enjoying it.

At this point in my playing days for 50 bucks it gives me all i really need, i think i have been converted. Havnt used my R10 in about 5 games. My shot hasnt change that much to where it actually effects me, i can handle the puck alittle bit better actual but i think it is more mental then material. My passing is still has good as it always has been. I have never been to concerned with weight anyways. 550 = 400 g to me, it makes no difference.

*Disclaimer*

I am in no way saying the G-lite is as good as any top end stick. For me personally, the curve, lie and feel is all I need.

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:39 PM
spjon25

Personally, I am the opposite. I like a 4 lie and the only company that makes that is Warrior. I love the Smyth curve and lie in a 4, but cannot find anything else similar. Oh well, off to the mine to chip off some more gold to pay for a Warrior stick

spjon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2010, 04:09 PM
puck10

Tape wear...

I've been trying to watch my tape wear to see which area of the blade I am wearing more/most and then adjust stick length or lie accordingly.

Problem is, even with white tape instead of black, I find it difficult to really see where I'm getting the most wear..

Does anyone have any suggestion(s) as to what I could possibly cover the bottom of the blade/tape with, that would give a clearer visual of the wear pattern?

Any ideas?

puck10 is offline   Reply With Quote