HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs vs. Oilers, 11 - 8 - 09, 6PM MTN

Old
11-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri View Post
sad thing, my gf isn't talking to me right so..can't exactly go to her tonight
maybe it has something to do with your Avatar
Pick a chick a little less cute as a pick and your girlfriend will start talking to you again

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Don't forget strippers...
Ah yes, strippers and large bills for room service cheeseburgers. Ever notice that extra weight he put on and distant look he had? He was a hungry, horny hockey player with rapidly deteriorating skill.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:28 PM
NWAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
now, go see your girfriend and tell her you love her , that will make your night even
Hahaha. I cant believe we lost tonight We better come out blasting on the Hawks

NWAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Well we lost , it sucks .

But i have to go to bed , i'm working tomorrow . I'm pretty sure that even if we lost the sun will get up again tomorrow and i will have to go to work .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Erickkelly26

Duchene is a bust we should have drafted Kane

I'm ok with this loss tonight. A loss at home was bound to happen and the Avs are WAAAAAY overperforming so it's all good.

I don't believe in jinxing so i will still make my predictions

Erickkelly26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 11:32 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondeROY View Post
To all the jackholes that predicted the avs would have a blowout game tonight, nice job, next time you have an insightful prediction please keep it to your brilliant self. Some of the flames fans did this last week, you see how that worked out for them. Ridiculous
Yeah, posting an opinion on an anonymous internet board always has an impact on the performance of 40 professional athletes competing hundreds of miles away

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Erickkelly26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Yeah, posting an opinion on an anonymous internet board always has an impact on the performance of 40 professional athletes competing hundreds of miles away
Exactly! When I played hockey i didn't let my performance go to **** because i felt that someone somewhere had jinxed me

Old
11-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Avsboy

Duchene is doing pretty badly right now. He really looks like a boy. I remember remarking in our season opener how he looked like a kid getting swatted away by a defender. That doesn't happen as much anymore, but he still looks like a minor leaguer with all his hesitance, over-deking, rushed speedy plays, and complete inability to carry a play. He even looked like a kid after jumping up and down for his celebrations after both goals.

Can we send him down?

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 11:52 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy12345 View Post
Duchene is doing pretty badly right now. He really looks like a boy. I remember remarking in our season opener how he looked like a kid getting swatted away by a defender. That doesn't happen as much anymore, but he still looks like a minor leaguer with all his hesitance, over-deking, rushed speedy plays, and complete inability to carry a play. He even looked like a kid after jumping up and down for his celebrations after both goals.

Can we send him down?
Negative, he's here till the fat lady sings on the season

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
So, whoever said that this game is going to be a blow out, you are right. It was a blow out by the Oilers.

Definitely not. That game was incredibly close, and had it not been for the fact that our special teams looked like....I can't even think of anything creative or witty to say about how bad they were....we would have won that game. We were incredible five on five. Sadly, Anderson picked the worst time to be less than immortal, and we actually paid for our mistakes this game.

It was a great team effort, the only guy I saw out there that looked noticeably bad was Duchene. Just not a good game for him. And of course the entire PK was bad when it was out, for some reason.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Erickkelly26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Negative, he's here till the fat lady sings on the season
Duchene didn't have a great game

And yes he can be sent down to juniors but his contract still is in effect for the whole season, so i doubt it will happen.

At this point i would like to compare Duchene to Stamkos with this early struggle. I'd be perfectly fine if Duchene turned out like Stamkos because Stamkos is a beast.

Old
11-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Quincey just watching Cogliano there
Seriously? What's your problem with Quincey. So he didn't have a noticeably stellar game out there tonight. So what. He didn't do anything wrong except for the one time I saw him juggle the puck and let it out of the zone on the powerplay. Only thing.

Wow, he's the best defenseman we've iced in a while, so you better get used to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
I guess the way to beat the Avs is to come into the game with several key players out of your line-up.
Right? Sad time.

But honestly, they played a stellar game outside of those few minutes (and I say few because it only took a few seconds each PP to score) that we were on the penalty kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsrule View Post
Terrible? I wouldn't go that far. Wasn't nearly as good as he has been, but he gave 'em a chance to win tonight and they screwed it up.
Yeah, I thought about that statement and decided it was a large over statement. At least those first three goals I watched the replays and he had no chance on them. Like whatsoever. The other two I was too depressed to pay too much attention to.

He just, wasn't crazy stellar like he has been the rest of the season. And it happened at the worst time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Stop trolling... seriously.
How is he trolling? He's just remarking on that fact that a few...select....posters on this board are pulling guys that honestly aren't the problem whatsoever (and I don't see what the problem is really, we're still a top team in the league right now, don't get what all the doom and gloom posts are about) and saying they're crap.

Old
11-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erickkelly26 View Post
Duchene didn't have a great game

And yes he can be sent down to juniors but his contract still is in effect for the whole season, so i doubt it will happen.

At this point i would like to compare Duchene to Stamkos with this early struggle. I'd be perfectly fine if Duchene turned out like Stamkos because Stamkos is a beast.
Seriously, that's what I'm thinking too. Sacco needs to realize that Duchene is not ready for this role yet. Give him a smaller role, maybe start actually benching him, until he gets going.

Old
11-09-2009, 12:46 AM
AyVee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy12345 View Post
Ah yes, strippers and large bills for room service cheeseburgers. Ever notice that extra weight he put on and distant look he had? He was a hungry, horny hockey player with rapidly deteriorating skill.
How do you know my life

AyVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 01:00 AM
AyVee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
How is he trolling? He's just remarking on that fact that a few...select....posters on this board are pulling guys that honestly aren't the problem whatsoever (and I don't see what the problem is really, we're still a top team in the league right now, don't get what all the doom and gloom posts are about) and saying they're crap.
Honestly I don't see how we ever got to first place. It's beyond me. We certaintly don't play like we are. Like in a post I saw earlier (and didn't realize it till it was posted), most of our wins come when the other team scores first and we're down by a couple goals. Which I believe means we're not playing to win, we're just playing not to lose. There's a difference, and it plays a large psychological role as well (especially with the young guys).
This team will be fine. Our players (young ones anyway) will be fine. Don't blast so much after a single game. Maybe if they played this way consecutively for a long while, but this is the only game that they played like their first periods of their last few games throughout the whole game.

For next game however, I wouldn't be surprised if we also lost that one, but wouldn't get too worked up over a win either.

...Who'm I kiddin, yes I will...

Last edited by AyVee: 11-09-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old
11-09-2009, 01:07 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seriously? What's your problem with Quincey. So he didn't have a noticeably stellar game out there tonight. So what. He didn't do anything wrong except for the one time I saw him juggle the puck and let it out of the zone on the powerplay. Only thing.

Wow, he's the best defenseman we've iced in a while, so you better get used to him.

Right? Sad time.

But honestly, they played a stellar game outside of those few minutes (and I say few because it only took a few seconds each PP to score) that we were on the penalty kill.

Yeah, I thought about that statement and decided it was a large over statement. At least those first three goals I watched the replays and he had no chance on them. Like whatsoever. The other two I was too depressed to pay too much attention to.

He just, wasn't crazy stellar like he has been the rest of the season. And it happened at the worst time.

Quincey hasnt been great the last little while and deserves some criticism. It could be from a hidden injury, too much ice time or something but the Quincey that played the first 10 games was much better then the Quincey that has shown up over the last little while. Seriously. What happened to the guy that was blasting shots from the point earlier in the season? Why is he so gun shy all of a sudden? The only Avs defenseman who seems to be doin that on a regular basis is Brett Clark...

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 01:27 AM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Seriously, that's what I'm thinking too. Sacco needs to realize that Duchene is not ready for this role yet. Give him a smaller role, maybe start actually benching him, until he gets going.
No, that would be the absolute worst thing to do to him right now. Accountability is great and all but he doesn't need to be whipped right now, he needs to be mentored. I've been comparing his season to Stamkos' season last year for a while now, and he's still following a very similar path. Right now he's over-thinking things and trying to do too much, attempting to make the super0mgZw0wZZ plays that people expect out of a top draft pick. It's a rude awakening when a kid's junior moves don't work as well at the pro level. Sacco or Kono should sit down with Deader and analyze some film and work with him.

He really isn't turning the puck over more than anyone else, nor is his stick handling any worse than most of our forwards, he's just under a larger microscope. I don't know what unrealistic expectations people have of him, but it's very very rare for a rookie to dominate the NHL. It's even more rare for an 18 year old to dominate. It's been pointed out a number of times how he's stacking up against the numbers and play of former hyped up prospects, and he's still not behind them. It just looks like he's hit his first wall as a player and is experiencing the same growing pains every rookie experiences. It's not the end of the world, he'll get through this.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 06:18 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Stupid penalties and all...I just keep reminding myself this one was a lot better than 30% of the games the AVs played last season.

I'll write this one off to a stinker we all knew was long over-due. I'm still giddy over the results this team has given me as a fan.

Seriously...I'm looking forward to Darcy Tucker getting back into the lineup (in a positive way.) While I liked us getting him, I thought we over-paid ridiculously for him (considering he's still being paid by his former team for the buy-out) but this season he's showing what I thought we would be getting last season. Grit, hard-work and some timely goals. I can't wait for him to get back and make Sacco's life more miserable than it already is with deciding who to play where.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Don't forget strippers...
I think this statement stands alone.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 07:33 AM
ABasin
Crow is yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Probably the worst game Duchene's played all year. O'Reilly nothing to brag about tonight either. Jones is a beast though.
The problem is the defense. I've been b**ching about this all year, but the Avs' defensive zone play is really quite poor - and Anderson will hold back the flood for only so long. If it doesn't get better, the season's likely to turn.

And yes, Duchene (again) didn't look very good, and I haven't been very impressed. I suppose it's too late now, but he's not ready for this NHL thing. He's the 2nd line center playing the 4th most IT/game amongst forwards, and on a per-game-average, he's being outscored by every regular forward on the roster, except Koci and Hendricks. Scott Hannan has as many points.

He's an offensive failure so far. In particular, he has no idea how to use his teammates. I guess ice time/experience is the only thing that'll help him with it now.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
Um, how was that not boarding? Quincey was completely facing the boards...
If they would have called that hit it wouldn[t have put us on the PP anyway, considering they probably would have had to have called the crosscheck Quincey gave the guy back.

Alex Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 09:09 PM
AyVee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Quincey hasnt been great the last little while and deserves some criticism. It could be from a hidden injury, too much ice time or something but the Quincey that played the first 10 games was much better then the Quincey that has shown up over the last little while. Seriously. What happened to the guy that was blasting shots from the point earlier in the season? Why is he so gun shy all of a sudden? The only Avs defenseman who seems to be doin that on a regular basis is Brett Clark...
So because he's not shooting from the point as much he's playing poorly?
Maybe Sacco is telling him not to do it so much, because it seems unlike the kid NOT to.