HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

KINGS v. HAWKS, Post Game $5.00 fine for whining THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2009, 06:23 PM
salty justice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Chicago is going to be tough when Hossa gets back. The team has alot of speed from front to back. They are alot like Detroit before injuries, FA, and defections left the team so so. Kings just don't have the speed to compete with them yet. You can see the Kings have improved but not up there with upper echelon teams.

Were close - Second line center and more speed on the back end.
I hate to say but Denis Gauthier and Quincy were our best D on our PK last year. JJ is going to be a very good defensemen but he makes alot of poor decisions out there. Maybe we should have kept Quincey and let Johnson go to Colorado.
Good post, there's no need for the Kings to panic. This summer I felt that the Kings were two years behind the development of the Hawks. Right now its looking like they are barely a year behind. The Kings will undoubtedly make the playoffs and anything can happen from there.

This Hawks team was built in the mold of the Red Wings. They are still the youngest team in the league, arguably the fastest, and probably 2nd to Detroit in the puck possession game. But the Kings aren't that far behind, the first two periods proved that. The 3rd period is when the experience and conditioning kicks in, and the entire Hawks team has WCF experience.

I honestly think the Kings will be a better team next year without Frolov. His skating and work ethic are well below average and that becomes a liability against the faster teams in the league.

I'm absolutely loving Kopitar's line and Simmonds this year. I'll be sporting my Kopi jersey at the next home game.

Old
11-10-2009, 06:29 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
hey DHKF, you notice how that nebulous "work ethic" *** "compete" *** "heart" which will inevitably result in "fit" has slowly permeated the membrane and begun to take over many poster's "thoughts?"

one - you lock the target
two - you bait the line
three - you slowly spread the net
and
four - you catch the man.

Old
11-10-2009, 06:31 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Since when is work ethic nebulous? Heart maybe.

Old
11-10-2009, 06:38 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Kings are definitely rollercoaster team right now.

Old
11-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Kings are definitely rollercoaster team right now.
I was never a fan of rollarcoasters and never will be.

Old
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Since when is work ethic nebulous? Heart maybe.
it's nebulous terminology when it becomes a buzzword, which in turn becomes even less substantial when it is parroted and regurgitated as fact, which in turn becomes underlined because both he and i discussed the likely evolution of sentiment toward Alexander Frolov the 2009-10 edition.

case in point is that Fro didn't have a very good game last night, but he was singled out on that line by almost everyone (even you) despite the fact that neither of his linemates were anywhere to be found last night... well, i found Handzus scratching his head in one corner, wondering why he was continually outmuscled last night... including a very uncharacteristic getting PWNT by Brouwer on Toews' goal... and Simmonds? has a been able to grab his ass yet? i mean, Dustin Byfuglien kept handing it to him all night.

outside of his rebound goal, which was a very heads up play, Kopitar was pretty ineffective in the offensive zone as well. Quenneville got the matchups he wanted with ease all night, which included Brouwer shadowing Anze and Madden in Frolov's face all night.

they started selling this script after the Boston game last season.

Old
11-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
it's nebulous terminology when it becomes a buzzword, which in turn becomes even less substantial when it is parroted and regurgitated as fact, which in turn becomes underlined because both he and i discussed the likely evolution of sentiment toward Alexander Frolov the 2009-10 edition.

case in point is that Fro didn't have a very good game last night, but he was singled out on that line by almost everyone (even you) despite the fact that neither of his linemates were anywhere to be found last night... well, i found Handzus scratching his head in one corner, wondering why he was continually outmuscled last night... including a very uncharacteristic getting PWNT by Brouwer on Toews' goal... and Simmonds? has a been able to grab his ass yet? i mean, Dustin Byfuglien kept handing it to him all night.

outside of his rebound goal, which was a very heads up play, Kopitar was pretty ineffective in the offensive zone as well. Quenneville got the matchups he wanted with ease all night, which included Brouwer shadowing Anze and Madden in Frolov's face all night.

Well posted

Old
11-10-2009, 07:41 PM
nki

I know this is a bit premature and clearly just an opinion but I feel there will come a time when this team outgrows Terry Murray and I don't think it is as far away as I originally thought.

Old
11-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Randart

One of My Fave Songs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
The All Mighty and Powerful Oz helped the Scarecrow. Maybe he can help Sasha!

I do believe that you meant the Tin Man... As the ScareCrow was in need of a Brain something Fro has, but its his Heart that gets questioned more often.

I tend to think that as mentioned before Fro may even be a bit banged up and not able to go at peak performance just now.
As our coach and GM, I would expect surely are not afraid to call him out when they think he is being lack-a-daze-ical.

Also I tend to point to how well Fro was getting his MoJo goin' with Cap'n Brown on his line.
I tend to look more to our coach than Fro for these drop offs. But I am a Fro Fan.

Last edited by Randart: 11-10-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old
11-10-2009, 07:50 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
I know this is a bit premature and clearly just an opinion but I feel there will come a time when this team outgrows Terry Murray and I don't think it is as far away as I originally thought.
depends. there are certainly little particulars that leave me with a curious look on my face. but he's done a fine job overall, methinks... and he toes the organization's philosophical line, so there's that.

Old
11-10-2009, 08:29 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

The Hurricanes just picked up Manny Legace, who will start against the Kings tomorrow night. So the Kings get a guy who has spent the entire year so far in the minors just begging for a chance to see the NHL again? I think I'd rather have had Cam Ward in net.

Old
11-10-2009, 08:36 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post

Ok, that makes more sense.

Yes I did point out Frolov last night, but not to mean anyone else was any better. I don't expect half as much out of Zus and Simmonds as I do out of Fro. I thought I mentioned that the whole team was being lazy without the puck, but maybe I didn't.

Simmonds hasn't been very good for most of the season. The best we've seen out him is some good backchecking, which, while important, is not enough.

Old
11-10-2009, 08:43 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
A few thoughts:

We like to have our cake and eat it too...

- When Ersberg is played, Terry Murray made a mistake. We praise TM for saying that he will play Quick as much as possible. Now we blame TM for overworking Quick.

- The Frolov - Handzus - Brown line stopped working about a game or 2 after it was created (so naturally TM split it back up). Clearly the line was not working. Now, we are saying that he made a mistake in taking it apart.

- Frolov: we blame TM for not giving him icetime. But we all know that Frolov is incredibly inconsistent, and lets face it, no one wants "horrible turnover" Frolov on the ice in any situation.

With that said, I feel that the loss that took place here well... 3 words - ping (Parse), ping (Stoll), ping (Doughty).

How was that a bad game? We were playing a top-5 team in the league at their town. No shame there!

Quick gave up some weak goals but... be patient with him. And don't call up Bernier!!! he needs time in the AHL. It's easy to look good for 12 games as a goalie. Let's let Bernier get 60 or so games in the AHL

Old
11-10-2009, 08:51 PM
zeppelin97

Wow, 9th place is only 2pts behind the Kings.

Old
11-10-2009, 08:58 PM
lumbergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
The Hurricanes just picked up Manny Legace, who will start against the Kings tomorrow night. So the Kings get a guy who has spent the entire year so far in the minors just begging for a chance to see the NHL again? I think I'd rather have had Cam Ward in net.

Cam Ward >>>>>> Manny Legace

Old
11-10-2009, 08:59 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post

Cam Ward >>>>>> Manny Legace
Manny Legace on a mission to regain NHL starting job >>>>>> Lacerated Cam Ward

Old
11-10-2009, 09:03 PM
lumbergh

The recent losses haven't really bothered me until yesterday. The Kings were just not mentally in the game, imho.

1. Quick gave a big softie.
2. Penalty killing was atrocious again. All four penalty killers going into the corner at the same time?
3. Lazy play by Kopitar not clearing the puck, leading to a lazy penalty, leading to a Blackhawks goal.
4. No life out of Handzus or Richardson line.

Fail.

Old
11-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
A few thoughts:

We like to have our cake and eat it too...
The expression is eat our cake and have it too, not what you wrote.

Old
11-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Dr Hans Reinhardt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Either will work. I have always thought, and heard, it was....have your cake and eat it too

Last edited by Dr Hans Reinhardt: 11-10-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old
11-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Hans Reinhardt View Post
Either will work. I have always thought, and herd, it was....have your cake and eat it too
I've never known cakes to travel in herds.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
11-10-2009, 11:33 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
What about pie? Pie is easier to carry than cake.

I've always heard have your cake and eat it too.

Old
11-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Dr Hans Reinhardt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
yes the snake cake herds at my house are quite large this time of year

Old
11-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
What about pie? Pie is easier to carry than cake.

I've always heard have your cake and eat it too.

Honestly though, Cake>>>>>>>>>>>>Pie

Old
11-10-2009, 11:50 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Honestly though, Cake>>>>>>>>>>>>Pie
Depends on the pie

Old
11-11-2009, 12:38 AM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post

thank you, my amigo... this one as well as ignorance is bliss irritate me to NO end.

Closed Thread