HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another ****ing loss, shutout by Flames 1-0

Old
11-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Taupy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL View Post
Ya, and we could have saved all that cap space for another time and get Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin in the process...

oh wait, we're in cap space hell with a borderline playoff team.
Suuuuuuuuuuure, cause all GM wants to tank the season. The GM wouldn't get fired. You're talking like it's easy to tank a season, you really think our players would have accepted that?

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
The Flames are on a whole another level entirely, that's for sure.

Although I blame Bob for having build a team of midgets.
Well, you can thank Bob for building Calgary as well, he did give them Iginla for Nieuwendyk.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I thought he was unspectacularly solid.

He didn't have too many braincramps and made some good decisions with the puck. He looked much smaller than he's listed at, like you say, and he wasn't that physical either. His skating was average, but he wasn't slow either.

Basically your run of the mill NHL D plug who's honestly fighting for an NHL roster spot.
If it means the end of MAB, then keep it up Jay!
Didn't you say you only watched one period?

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Well, you can thank Bob for building Calgary as well, he did give them Iginla for Nieuwendyk.
They did win a cup though.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 01:00 AM
THE HOFF

Calgary will have a great season, they are solid in nets and have the best defence in the league in my humble opinion ... that puck posession mentality was not possible today as our players got knocked off the puck the whole night...

when their D are playing a good game and Kiprousoff decides he wants his 1rst shotout win of the season , you won't score a lot of goals, regardless of what your name is. They have depth up front... not fantastic put every player up to the last spot on their 4th line brought something to the table... on the front lines, great forecheck which mad it difficult for our 2nd and 3rd pairs to clear the puck. On top of that, our 1rst pair had a bellow average game ...

great performance from halak, take out his performance and its the best of the flames vs the worst of the habs ... I can live with that lost as we all saw players like plekanec and mara getting their hands dirty and fight for the puck.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 11-11-2009 at 01:06 AM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 01:02 AM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Which resulted in Dallas winning the cup...

PyrettaBlaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Which resulted in Dallas winning the cup...
Well, my point was he built Calgary in the process. Gainey could assemble a winner, when it came to managing a team with no cap.

I wonder how many more they could have won with Iginla in Dallas.

Old
11-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Classified

Quote:
Well, my point was he built Calgary in the process. Gainey could assemble a winner, when it came to managing a team with no cap.

I wonder how many more they could have won with Iginla in Dallas.
Maybe they wouldn't even win one, the fact is he hasn't won a cup here, what does it matter what he did elsewhere, look at Burke, he won a cup but it doesn't seem to be going well in TO.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 01:12 AM
MoonDragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I thought he was unspectacularly solid.

He didn't have too many braincramps and made some good decisions with the puck. He looked much smaller than he's listed at, like you say, and he wasn't that physical either. His skating was average, but he wasn't slow either.

Basically your run of the mill NHL D plug who's honestly fighting for an NHL roster spot.
If it means the end of MAB, then keep it up Jay!
He's exactly that, a good fill in for the 6th spot. He's solid and unspectacular, but reliable.

btw, we want him back, he was our AHL captain We can sure use him to eat up some minutes right now while some of our d-men are injured...

MoonDragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
He's exactly that, a good fill in for the 6th spot. He's solid and unspectacular, but reliable.

btw, we want him back, he was our AHL captain We can sure use him to eat up some minutes right now while some of our d-men are injured...
Very few develop nhl ready players like you guys. The one constant with devil developed players is they are solid defensively no matter if they are fringe guy like leach or a skilled guy like elias... can we borrow lou as well?

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
Maybe they wouldn't even win one, the fact is he hasn't won a cup here, what does it matter what he did elsewhere, look at Burke, he won a cup but it doesn't seem to be going well in TO.
Burke is on year one of his 5 year plan, Gainey is on year 6. I won't knock any other GM until ours changes his own soiled underwear.

I believe Gainey's idea of a winning team, is much different than reality. I believe there is a long list of coaches who would agree with this as well.

Old
11-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Miller Time

anyone else getting a little tired of watching gomez gain the zone, pull up high on the side boards, and float a pass across that gets deflected or stolen?

seems like that "go-to-move" is replayed over and over again with next to no success.

The more I watch him play, the more average he seems to me... It's one thing to be a "playmaker", it's another to spend all your time looking for a pass, and get stuck not being able to do anything or worse, turning the puck over, if/when the other team is taking away the passing lanes (which every team does, since they know he won't hurt them any other way).

in my eyes, the countdown is on. This season plekanec is playing at a much higher level than gomez, he should be getting the #1 line ice-time/pp minutes.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Shabutie

A few years after he made the trade....Who knows maybe they would have won it a few times with the future 40 goal scorer.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-11-2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Removed quoted post.
Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:08 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

i think many of us are going from 'i'll give them 20 games" to "it might just take a year for the dust to settle."

i might adopt another (more awesome) team to officially root for alongside the habs while we wait. it's not healthy to subject myself to that much disappointment. win or lose i'll stick by this team, but i just need some positives somewhere and relate back to a time where i was pissed about a loss rather than having to settle for "well it was pretty close, losing by 1 goal, not so bad", because that schpiel gets old real fast when you have to lie to yourself 2-3 times during every week.

i toil in anticipation of the NHL season during every summer; which not to mention has not existed for 2 years, and then october comes and our seasons go down the crapper. FML.

Last edited by HarlemsFinest: 11-11-2009 at 03:17 AM.
HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:17 AM
kalessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
A few years after he made the trade....Who knows maybe they would have won it a few times with the future 40 goal scorer.
Not only did Dallas win the Cup but Nieuwendyk won th Conn Smythe. Only on HF do hypothetical Cups count for more than actual Cups and Conn Smythe-winning performances!

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starglider View Post
Not only did Dallas win the Cup but Nieuwendyk won th Conn Smythe. Only on HF do hypothetical Cups count for more than actual Cups and Conn Smythe-winning performances!
hey hey, I'm not saying that it wasn't good for Dallas, but it could have been a DISASTER if Gainey hadn't managed to re-sign Nieuwendyk.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:26 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
It's sad really how pathetic our secondary scoring has been...

Latendresse, Kost, Lapierre, Pacioretty and Dags have combined for a total of 6 ****ing goals. These one goal games are going to come back to hurt us in the future.
to be fair, all but Lats have been used in scoring roles for extended periods. Everytime Lats is on the 2nd line or the pp he makes stuff happen but then gets dropped down because his former linemates play worse or it is time for AKost tog et another chance. If he was given the same chances that maxPac has had we would be a better team.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

We should have won tonight. After Calgary scored, they shut it down. I don't think they seriously tested us once after that. We had a few chances but didn't convert. The fact is, when a team plays such a suffocating defensive game like that, we'll need a good outlet pass to break it down. Our outlet pass is injured right now, so we are vulnerable to this kind of game. Scoring first is paramount for us.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:34 AM
morgan_mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I feel bad for our goalies.

2 goals scored from our offense in the last 3 games.

I dont care if Sergei is not dominant in the ahl but he is the only one that could POSSIBLY help our offense. Gainey will not/cant make any trade, so he is the only one that could help our offense. Sergei is more the solution on the 2nd line than Lapierre.

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Sergei-Pleky-Andrei
Latendresse-Lapierre-Moen
Pacioretty-Metro-Pyatt
Lapierre pushes metro to the 4th line?

morgan_mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:40 AM
habtastic

I think the booing was sort of team-wide and understandable. I think we were all booing the pathetic PPs and the absolute garbage breakouts in our heads. It's double edged, one breakaway (which we MISS), or an entry into the zone, and the fans are chanting OLE, GO HABS GO, etc. I think people are just getting sick of these home games that were losing. I wouldn't take it too seriously. I imagine all the players themselves are well aware that they are boo-worthy as a team and they all know what to expect when playing in MTL.

I still don't understand the point of MAB. Can we finally anoint him the Breezer of the season. I WISH we had Patrice.

It's odd to be in this situation, because at the beginning of the season we had guys who could finish like nobody's business. I was so impressed with the 3. Now, aside from making great plays (Cammy's deke would have been a highlight reel goal), they just can't put the puck in. Neither can our "sniper", Andrei. It's like we just need to flick a switch and things could go our way. Definitely need to figure out the Lats, Laps, Patches problem. Three of them doing nothing atm. Zero threat. I really want to see Moen-Plek-Cammy.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:12 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
?.....................
It's called secondary scoring... all but Tanguay would've taken a hometown discount to stay. Instead we've got guys like Lapierre and Metropolit on the 2nd, and guys like Pacioretty who aren't ready for the NHL. And never underestimate the importance of a captain in the dressing room... where is ours?

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:36 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Burke is on year one of his 5 year plan, Gainey is on year 6. I won't knock any other GM until ours changes his own soiled underwear.

I believe Gainey's idea of a winning team, is much different than reality. I believe there is a long list of coaches who would agree with this as well.
Yup, and he already traded his next two 1st round picks (and another, a 2nd)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
It's called secondary scoring... all but Tanguay would've taken a hometown discount to stay. Instead we've got guys like Lapierre and Metropolit on the 2nd, and guys like Pacioretty who aren't ready for the NHL. And never underestimate the importance of a captain in the dressing room... where is ours?
Didnt Kovalev refused Gainey's offer ?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-11-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Merge
ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 07:51 AM
BeastScottThornton*

Not even one measly goal. What's next on the fanboys list of excuses after we cross off the "20 game adjustment period"? Almost a quarter of the way in to the season and we can't even set up a power-play unless we win the initial offensive zone face-off. Pathetic... Gainey better start packing his stuff.

BeastScottThornton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:31 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Didnt Kovalev refused Gainey's offer ?
No, he apparently took longer than 5 mins to decide and in that time Gainey went and blew his cap space on Gomez. Do you not watch tv or read the news? How many times has Kovalev said he wanted to play here or wanted to retire here? Seriously... do I even need to post this?

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
No, he apparently took longer than 5 mins to decide and in that time Gainey went and blew his cap space on Gomez. Do you not watch tv or read the news? How many times has Kovalev said he wanted to play here or wanted to retire here? Seriously... do I even need to post this?
You mean Gionta?

And oh noes, he didn't get the .5K he wanted so much. I'm prett sure Bob told him if he didn't take that, he was looking elsewhere. Kovy decided he'd call it a bluff. Oh well for him.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote