HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

"Up All Night" - 11.10.09 - Nashville at San Jose

Old
11-11-2009, 08:39 AM
RollingPredFan

vCash: 500
LOL You guys summed it up pretty well, we played well enough to at least get a point. Hornqvist should have scored on that 2 on 1 Sully put a perfect pass to him... and then Setoguchi takes it down and score on us... Then that softy.... ugghhh.... very disappointing loss

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 08:51 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Hey guys, first off, Sharks were lucky to win that in regulation. Your guys played hard. Also, as much as we hated Nichol when he was with Nashville, holy crap, the entire Sharks board is in love with the guy now. Same with Jed, not that we hated him, but the effort and character these guys have are a huge addition.

Finally, how would you grade Goc so far? Has he been for you what he was for us: good faceoff guy, good defensively and no hands?

11-11-2009, 08:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
Hey guys, first off, Sharks were lucky to win that in regulation. Your guys played hard. Also, as much as we hated Nichol when he was with Nashville, holy crap, the entire Sharks board is in love with the guy now. Same with Jed, not that we hated him, but the effort and character these guys have are a huge addition.

Finally, how would you grade Goc so far? Has he been for you what he was for us: good faceoff guy, good defensively and no hands?
I told everyone that Nichol was a good addition for you guys at the time, and no one believed me. The problem for us is that we had too many players just like him, and overall I think Jerred Smithson is a better player...so while it hurt to lose Nichol, I'm not sad that his spot is taken by guys with a little more offensive ability...Santorelli, Hornqvist, even Thuresson.

As for Goc, it's weird...the guy has had no less than 8 clean breakaways this year, and every time, he manages to beat the goalie...but can't finish. He's got decent moves, even looking pretty good in his shootout attempt...but it's like luck more than hands. Defensively and faceoff wise, he's been great...and he's even a decent forechecker. He's managed to create some offense when playing with some of the younger forwards with ability. Overall, for the money, I'd say most of us have been happy with him. We'd like to see him convert a little more, but overall..no complaints.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:43 AM
MemphisMTLfan

I'm telling you, Dan was mesmerized by those sexy 3rd jerseys. Didn't stand a chance.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:50 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

The thing that made this game so frustrating is that we played SO WELL. Maybe the most evenly matched Sharks\Preds games I can remember. Greiss wasn't stopping any of those goals(okay, MAYBE the Goc one, but it was a weird sort of cross-body shot, and the Sharks defender was partially screening). At the same time, he DID make some nice saves, and we did fan on some pucks that most likely would have ended up in the net if they had connected. It's just so frustrating that we keep having these miscues that inevitably end up in the back of the net. You can see it happening in real time, and you KNOW that it's going to happen. When I watched Smithson peel out of the circle and leave Pavelski open, I knew that somehow Marleau would get the puck to him and it would be a goal. It stands to reason that at some point either our luck will improve or, heaven forbid, we'll stop having these blatant lapses.

As an aside, I can comfortably say that at this point, Hornqvist is our most important forward. This is what we had our hopes up over last summer.

Old
11-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Dans

Surely it's time the Preds gave one of the goalies (Rinne if I were making the call) a long run regardless of results? This platoon cannot be good for either of them to get into a groove.

Dans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:51 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
LOL You guys summed it up pretty well, we played well enough to at least get a point. Hornqvist should have scored on that 2 on 1 Sully put a perfect pass to him... and then Setoguchi takes it down and score on us... Then that softy.... ugghhh.... very disappointing loss

Sully passed it to Hornqvist 3 feet off the ice. Sully is just making wrong move after wrong move offensively right now. The perfect example is the play you just talked about. Sully should have saucered the pass but he just line drived it at Hornqvist. I could be mistaken but I don't believe we have converted a breakway or 2 on 1 this year.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Thuresson was called out on NHL Network by Gary Green for his knee on knee shot to Jed Ortmeyer

9:10 to go in the 3rd, for those that want to go back and check what he's talking about

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
Thuresson was called out on NHL Network by Gary Green for his knee on knee shot to Jed Ortmeyer

9:10 to go in the 3rd, for those that want to go back and check what he's talking about
who was called out by who for doing what to who cares? Just kidding. Really though, I dont remember seeing that play. I didnt even remember that Ortmeyer was playing for that team until they showed a close up of him on the bench.

Im still upset about this one.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:09 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
who was called out by who for doing what to who cares? Just kidding. Really though, I dont remember seeing that play. I didnt even remember that Ortmeyer was playing for that team until they showed a close up of him on the bench.

Im still upset about this one.

We'll get through this. Imagine how they feel. I think SJ got the momentum to swing their way after they came after Hornqvist twice. They got angry, frustrated, and desperate. It paid off.

Old
11-11-2009, 11:37 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans View Post
Surely it's time the Preds gave one of the goalies (Rinne if I were making the call) a long run regardless of results? This platoon cannot be good for either of them to get into a groove.
I agree... I thought Rinne would get them this week after being #2 star of the week last week. But Trotz apparently thinks otherwise.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 12:23 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

After having maybe the worst day of my life yesterday I just wanted some good news, and I was definitely disappointed with the regulation loss. A point would have been great with me. Waking up today and looking back on it, we played one hell of a hockey game against a bigger, tougher, more skilled team. Had Ellis stopped one of the two (I was watching at a bar on a bad tv so maybe it was more than two) soft goals that would have at least been a point.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 01:17 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
After having maybe the worst day of my life yesterday I just wanted some good news, and I was definitely disappointed with the regulation loss. A point would have been great with me. Waking up today and looking back on it, we played one hell of a hockey game against a bigger, tougher, more skilled team. Had Ellis stopped one of the two (I was watching at a bar on a bad tv so maybe it was more than two) soft goals that would have at least been a point.
really only the one was soft. my initial thought on Setoguchi's goal was that it was soft, but after seeing it again and realizing Bouillon tipped it, I can forgive that one.

Old
11-11-2009, 01:42 PM
jstreet

What Was More Disappointing

so let's play a game, Ill start

what was more disappointing:

Ellis letting in that goal or not mustering a single shot on that first power play?

Old
11-11-2009, 02:27 PM
PredsChik

Ellis letting in that goal

by far.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Ellis letting in that goal

by far.
agreed. He still owes me 3 hours of sleep that I didn't get last night.

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:05 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post

Green spent 5 minutes giving the Sharks a first class ass kiss and then spent 20 seconds on the Preds-- the only topic was Thuresson's dirty play. As if I wasn't already completely pissed last night, seeing this on the highlight show while exercising this morning caused a minor stroke. I can now only type with three fingers on my left hand.

I'm still sick about the last goal- Ellis gave his best 2007-08 Chris Mason impersonation. That goal was a complete lack of focus goal and killed a great road effort by our team.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 05:47 PM
MemphisMTLfan

That's it. I'm calling Dan, in drunken ex style. Just have to get some stuff off my chest.

Last edited by MemphisMTLfan: 11-12-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old
11-11-2009, 08:51 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
I agree... I thought Rinne would get them this week after being #2 star of the week last week. But Trotz apparently thinks otherwise.
Because Rinne couldn't possibly be injured or ill at all?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 02:24 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Green spent 5 minutes giving the Sharks a first class ass kiss and then spent 20 seconds on the Preds-- the only topic was Thuresson's dirty play. As if I wasn't already completely pissed last night, seeing this on the highlight show while exercising this morning caused a minor stroke. I can now only type with three fingers on my left hand.
Well I'm glad I decided not to watch. Gee, someone on On the Fly saying how dirty our players are, there's something new.

They played so well. But the Sharks didn't exactly play well themselves. After the Preds took the lead the Sharks seemed to just flip a switch. They were a different team and really just took the game away. It seemed like when SJ scored, they felt they had the lead and they would win. But then we kept coming back and tieing the game, but SJ still seemed like they didn't care if they went to OT, they would still win. But when we took the lead, the Sharks kind of woke up and were a different team.

After the Anaheim game, I didn't know what to think about this road trip, they just didn't play well at all. But the last 2 games they played so well and deserved 3-4 points instead of just 2. If they play this way in STL, we get the win.

If we could just...get...a...couple...of...goals from Erat and Legwand we could have a few more wins.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 02:35 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
If we could just...get...a...couple...of...goals from Erat and Legwand
That's about as likely as Kate Beckinsale inviting me out to dinner.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 07:46 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Because Rinne couldn't possibly be injured or ill at all?
I can't remember what game it was when a guy ended up in his net and it looked like Rinne was smashed by his leg/foot wrenching his shoulder/neck..........
this makes sense to me why Ellis started.

Hope he gets better... wonder who will be in goal tonight?

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:52 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
If we could just...get...a...couple...of...goals from Erat and Legwand we could have a few more wins.
Upshall has 6 goals this season, just saying