HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings v. Canes: Post Game "a little like beating up a girl" THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-11-2009, 10:04 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Or is it Tank for Tyler?
Could be, he is lighting it up.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Something Zad said in the GDT

Quote:
The Hurricane's mascot is a pig?
Dude they LOVE pork in the Carolinas. Ribs, pulled pork, bacon. Carolina BBQ is damn good too.

On that same note, Bailey should be a pale ale.

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:26 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Something Zad said in the GDT

Dude they LOVE pork in the Carolinas. Ribs, pulled pork, bacon. Carolina BBQ is damn good too.

On that same note, Bailey should be a pale ale.

I remember reading about this. It has something to do with the grounds the arena is on, used to be a pig farm or something. And the only way the owner was going to sell the grounds is if the mascot was a pig. (or something like that) lol.

trying back track my story... i may have made that up. But so do most news outlets so i'm sticking behind my story.

But you guys gotta check this crap out.... The hurricanes put way to much effort behind their mascot.

scroll down to the about stormy page. lol
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=stormy

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 11-11-2009 at 10:33 PM.
CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
I remember reading about this. It has something to do with the grounds the arena is on, used to be a pig farm or something. And the only way the owner was going to sell the grounds is if the mascot was a pig. (or something like that) lol.

trying back track my story... i may have made that up. But so do most news outlets so i'm sticking behind my story.

But you guys gotta check this crap out.... The hurricanes put way to much effort behind their mascot.

scroll down to the about stormy page. lol
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=stormy
All teams do that

http://kings.nhl.com/ext/bailey/appearances.html

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Johnny Utah

Kings got run all night...this is what happens without OD and Ivanans.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 10:56 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

Well then.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Captain Ron

Just got back from the game.

First off I have to give tremendous thanks to DaveG a Hurricanes fan from these boards who hooked me and my wife up with some free tickets to tonight's game. He is more than awesome.It is people like him who restore my faith in humanity. Also the Canes fans were awesome tonight and did not give me any crap when I cheered for our Kings.

As for the game itself......It was awesome because the Kings won. I would be lying if I didn't say that had me worried at the beginning of the 3rd period. Simmonds and Jones had great games.....Even though Kopitar had 2 assists he had a very blah game. I was going to criticize Williams game as well until he made that awesome pass to Jones....so I give him a thumbs up. One thing about Hurricanes fans is that they are still pissed at Johnson......everybody wanted him hurt bad......I laughed a lot. Too bad I can't see the Kings back here for a while.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post

First off I have to give tremendous thanks to DaveG a Hurricanes fan from these boards who hooked me and my wife up with some free tickets to tonight's game. He is more than awesome.It is people like him who restore my faith in humanity. Also the Canes fans were awesome tonight and did not give me any crap when I cheered for our Kings.

As for the game itself......It was awesome because the Kings won. I would be lying if I didn't say that had me worried at the beginning of the 3rd period. Simmonds and Jones had great games.....Even though Kopitar had 2 assists he had a very blah game. I was going to criticize Williams game as well until he made that awesome pass to Jones....so I give him a thumbs up. One thing about Hurricanes fans is that they are still pissed at Johnson......everybody wanted him hurt bad......I laughed a lot. Too bad I can't see the Kings back here for a while.
Sounds like you had an awesome time. I hope it was awesome. The Kings sure had an awesome game. It was kick ass awesome.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

So Ron, did you make sure to record the CMAs. I know you wouldn't miss those.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Quattro

I hope we are not becoming one of those fan bases who piss and moan after a 3 goal win.

So was the dumpy guy in the Kings jersey they showed a couple of times Captain Ron?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:56 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012 S.C. Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
That's why Clune and Ivanans need to play.
Exactly! Im with you on this Reaper. There's an intimidation factor when Ivanans is on the bench. "So there were no fights, and no heavy weights on the other team" you might ask. There probably werent any fights because the opposing team knew who they'd have to answer to... I say keep ivanans every game on the bench and play him minimally just to show ur force.

It's like bringing your big, Latvian, 6'5 250 lb, brother to a fight. You know you aint going to be messed around with. And if things get out of hand, you know you're covered.

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Sounds like you had an awesome time. I hope it was awesome. The Kings sure had an awesome game. It was kick ass awesome.
Hey, that was the first live game I have been able to attend in about 3 years.......so yeah it was AWESOME!

Old
11-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I hope we are not becoming one of those fan bases who piss and moan after a 3 goal win.

So was the dumpy guy in the Kings jersey they showed a couple of times Captain Ron?
Hey......that isn't nice. There was actually a few Kings fans there tonight.....but I would have to say that I was the loudest.

Old
11-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post

Don't look now but...

J. Williams - 14gp 5g 10a 15p +6 (3.5M dollar cap hit for 2 years)

M. Cammalleri - 18gp 7g 7a 14p +5 (6M dollar cap hit for 5 years)

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Kings got run all night...this is what happens without OD and Ivanans.
They were playing a team with 3 "skill" players total, and on a huge losing streak. The game plan for Carolina was gonna be hustle and crash the net all nite, and hope for some luck, which they almost got. Bottom line is Carolina was gonna play that way regardless of who was in the line-up cause ultimately that is the only way they could have played.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:24 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Don't look now but...

J. Williams - 14gp 5g 10a 15p +6 (3.5M dollar cap hit for 2 years)

M. Cammalleri - 18gp 7g 7a 14p +5 (6M dollar cap hit for 5 years)
I've always been a big Williams fan but its scary to think how many goals MC would have with this version of Kopitar

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
I've always been a big Williams fan but its scary to think how many goals MC would have with this version of Kopitar
"this version of Kopitar" doesn't exist if Mike Cammalleri is on his wing instead of Williams.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:51 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
"this version of Kopitar" doesn't exist if Mike Cammalleri is on his wing instead of Williams.
I wouldn't go that far, MC shoots the puck way more than Williams.

If we had a line of Smyth-Kopi-Cammy I think the big difference would be that Smyth would be cashing in on a lot more rebounds. Kopi would have similar opportunities in front of the net while still getting many secondary assists. However, Williams helps the cycle a lot more than cammy would which helps the line have completely dominate shifts.

I'd say the results would be similar, but the money thing gives willy the edge.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Cammalleri doesn't make the little plays that Williams does.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 12:54 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Cammalleri doesn't make the little plays that Williams does.
this this this

Cammy was pretty useless outside of the offensive zone and he wasn't exactly the most dynamic offensive player to begin with. he's good, no doubt, but i prefer what williams can bring to the table.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:02 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
If OD has to sit, make it games like these, against "weaker" teams. JJ needs him by his side. If Jones plays and we're up against tougher competition, sit Drewiske and keep Jones's pointmanship and OD's veteranness.
No No NO a thousand times NO.
Drewiske, 44DD, plays, game in and game out. He is a rock defensively.
This aint a video game and the guy brings it every night. He is still in (actually tied for) the lead in +/- on the team, and for a guy who doesnt score much that shows he is effective as a defenseman.

O'D and jones aer just fine rotating for time. JJ needs to show that he is a #3, because he hasnt shown that so far.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:05 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
was on TV this afternoon. Donald Sutherland is so in character in that role!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:16 AM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post

Nah, he said he forgot his jersey.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:19 AM
bland

Yo, the Kings didn't get "run" at one single time tonight - Carolina just finished their checks LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO...

The Kings proved that they could handle some physical play without their 6'5" Latvian babysitter, and did just fine.

Not one word for Frolov yet? Dude was dominant tonight, which makes perfect sense given that not one dressed Canes defensemen could crack our starting lineup.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:21 AM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
No No NO a thousand times NO.
Drewiske, 44DD, plays, game in and game out. He is a rock defensively.
This aint a video game and the guy brings it every night. He is still in (actually tied for) the lead in +/- on the team, and for a guy who doesnt score much that shows he is effective as a defenseman.

O'D and jones aer just fine rotating for time. JJ needs to show that he is a #3, because he hasnt shown that so far.
Agreed. If i'm TM, i'm keeping O'D in the pressbox on Friday and Jones on the ice. O'D's not going to struggle if he's in and out of the line-up. The only reason to sit one of the other 5 is if they're sore or under the weather. O'D and Jones are both veterans and should be able to handle limited minutes in a rotation setting.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote