HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Vyborny today - lazy, arrogant, unproductive

Old
11-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Renion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Nash isn't known for his hard hitting game either, folks.
Wish he was, but then maybe he wouldn't have his little boy smile.

By the way, JF: You mentioned not having rose-colored glasses for the old days like it was an accomplishment, so allow me to correct you: these days, people who look back on those days in a positive light are few and far between. It's more often the other extreme, as I think is evident in this thread.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:44 PM
ChicagoBlues

What's the big deal? Vyborny did well for The Blue Jackets. Give the man a break. His "legacy" is in his home country.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:48 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Interesting hindsight Renion..

My revisionist theory... would be to wish that we would have had a Scott Howson & Hitchcock team from the very beginning. We wouldn't have had to scrap the plan and start over 3 years ago.

As for Nash not being smash mouthed..he needs a right wing that is a power forward, like a Bobby Ryan.. or a centre like Getzlaf. Nash is the perfect complement to an in your face power player.

I am probably one of the few that really likes Juice..(posts and all), but his finesse game doesn't make the Nash line work as well as I think it could. Just my opinion..

LetsGOJackets!! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
My revisionist theory... would be to wish that we would have had a Scott Howson & Hitchcock team from the very beginning. We wouldn't have had to scrap the plan and start over 3 years ago.

As for Nash not being smash mouthed..he needs a right wing that is a power forward, like a Bobby Ryan.. or a centre like Getzlaf. Nash is the perfect complement to an in your face power player.

I am probably one of the few that really likes Juice..(posts and all), but his finesse game doesn't make the Nash line work as well as I think it could. Just my opinion..
A lot of people look at Nash and say he SHOULD be the power forward you describe.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
A lot of people look at Nash and say he SHOULD be the power forward you describe.
Kaching, Matthew.

If you are Nash-sized ... and not a powerforward? ... you are flippin' named Eric Daze. Not good. Not good at all.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 08:29 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
Wish he was, but then maybe he wouldn't have his little boy smile.

By the way, JF: You mentioned not having rose-colored glasses for the old days like it was an accomplishment, so allow me to correct you: these days, people who look back on those days in a positive light are few and far between. It's more often the other extreme, as I think is evident in this thread.
You meant to agree with me, I'm sure.

I was referring to the way some here are putting Vybo up on a pedestal.
He was an NHLer, I'll give him credit for that. But at his best, I would think he'd only be a third liner on this year's squad. One big reason: he was slow and didn't like contact.

Then again, he would have fit right in last night's debacle.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote