HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Suspend/Waive Tyler Arnason

Old
11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
edited thread title.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

As for putting Arnason on waivers, he was put on unconditional waivers, meaning that if no other team picks him up, his contract will be terminated.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2009, 12:55 PM
squishy

McKenzie has clarified his original tweet:

Quote:
Punctuation police nailed me. Fla claims MacIntyre. Period. Stop. Arnason and Miller on waivers. Period. Stop. Mair clears. Stop. Period.
http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/5594599639

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 03:53 AM
SomE

Ya he didn't sign for 1 mil

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 02:48 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Some of us follow and root for the Wolf Pack as a team and not just a factory that churns out a few select players while tossing the rest in the scrapheap. And most of us would rather watch a player with some skill and a little bit of promise -- no matter how limited -- than watch useless sacks of ship like Arnason and Rissmiller coast around the ice, sabotaging their team with their disinterest.
how did this turn into me supposedly rather having arnason or rissmiller over Z... i never once said that. in fact i would much rather they both be gone and kept away to be honest based on there well documented character flaws, and i never said anything about the Pack just being a factory for the big club. I respect you and your reports but have no clue how my words were twisted into implying any of that nonsense... all my statements had to do with was the comments of nice job Z for leaving for europe, and the oh its too bad HE left ect... my comments were just about wondering why was there a focus on a lost chance just for Z rather then comments about the opening or an opportunity to bring in a better player (better either in skill, leadership, or just professionalism).

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2009, 02:55 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
See my post above though. This is his second professional season.

Also, we voted the guy our 30th best prospect in our most recent poll. How is that "obsessing" over him? If anything, Zaborsky is an unpopular prospect among the posters on this board.

You see him mentioned in this thread because there are some of us that really like his skill level and are disappointed that he passed up his chance to play in Hartford. But really, there's like, what, five of us? Surprised to see people worried about over-zealousness with Zaborsky when it's actually quite the opposite.
i understand that but im sure allot of that vote is based in the fact he never has established himself anywhere in the pro ranks of NA and how can you justify putting him any higher based on that. in some ways over the past year this kid seems to have become in some ways like the Prucha of the echl and ahl (and im talking about the post rookie year Prucha when everyone debated this poor kid to the ground), where allot of people have an affection for him and its a matter of explaining why he didnt make it whether it be lack of opportunity, poor decision making on his part as far as a career path, ect

Old
11-11-2009, 04:20 PM
The Thomas J.*

Can't fault he guy for going somewhere he can get more ice time & money. It sounds as if the Rangers were blindsided by the move. Either way no one is losing sleep over this.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers terminated Arnason's contract

http://www.capgeek.com/reserve_lists.php?Team=22

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 05:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
i understand that but im sure allot of that vote is based in the fact he never has established himself anywhere in the pro ranks of NA and how can you justify putting him any higher based on that. in some ways over the past year this kid seems to have become in some ways like the Prucha of the echl and ahl (and im talking about the post rookie year Prucha when everyone debated this poor kid to the ground), where allot of people have an affection for him and its a matter of explaining why he didnt make it whether it be lack of opportunity, poor decision making on his part as far as a career path, ect
You're right, he hasn't done anything in the pro ranks. But as far as I'm concerned, he's a prospect very much like a Ryan Bourque--obvious skills, but questions about whether or not his game will translate to the physical rigors of the professional game. Tomas Zaborsky has legitimate skill, and I don't think you'd find anyone that's seen him multiple times that would disagree with that.

I don't think anyone is trying to explain away poor performances or make excuses for him. I'm not really sure where that idea is coming from. Last season was his first as a pro and he sturggled. Leslie and myself, probably his two biggest advocates on this board, will readily admit that. He was unable to adapt to a system and a coach that asked him to do something other than focus on constant offense, and it showed with a sorry performance at Charlotte. He then moved to Dayton, where he had a coach in Bill McDonald that loosened the reigns a bit. And he flourished under that system and coach.

Again, I don't think anyone is arguing that Zaborsky is a can't-miss prospect. Quite the contrary, I think his advocates will tell you he's a boom or bust guy at the North American professional level. But watching him, his skill is evident, and I'm a bit disappointed I won't be able to see him ply his trade in the States.

Lastly, I have no idea where this notion has come from that we've been debating his prospect status and making excuses for him. Last season was his first as a professional, he fell to the ECHL, and other than bmoak and myself, no one really talked about him after that. ANd then this season...other than me, BH99 and BRF, who has even discussed him really? In the eyes of most, he's a nonprospect.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:55 AM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
You're right, he hasn't done anything in the pro ranks. But as far as I'm concerned, he's a prospect very much like a Ryan Bourque--obvious skills, but questions about whether or not his game will translate to the physical rigors of the professional game. Tomas Zaborsky has legitimate skill, and I don't think you'd find anyone that's seen him multiple times that would disagree with that.

I don't think anyone is trying to explain away poor performances or make excuses for him. I'm not really sure where that idea is coming from. Last season was his first as a pro and he sturggled. Leslie and myself, probably his two biggest advocates on this board, will readily admit that. He was unable to adapt to a system and a coach that asked him to do something other than focus on constant offense, and it showed with a sorry performance at Charlotte. He then moved to Dayton, where he had a coach in Bill McDonald that loosened the reigns a bit. And he flourished under that system and coach.

Again, I don't think anyone is arguing that Zaborsky is a can't-miss prospect. Quite the contrary, I think his advocates will tell you he's a boom or bust guy at the North American professional level. But watching him, his skill is evident, and I'm a bit disappointed I won't be able to see him ply his trade in the States.

Lastly, I have no idea where this notion has come from that we've been debating his prospect status and making excuses for him. Last season was his first as a professional, he fell to the ECHL, and other than bmoak and myself, no one really talked about him after that. ANd then this season...other than me, BH99 and BRF, who has even discussed him really? In the eyes of most, he's a nonprospect.
maybe my notions are still lasting from last year, youre right its not so true this season i agree. regardless i was most irritated by what i said in my other post that somehow i was is creditting hartford's importance and their fan base basically as nothing more then a factory for new york... that was my primary frustration.

Old
11-13-2009, 09:28 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
maybe my notions are still lasting from last year, youre right its not so true this season i agree. regardless i was most irritated by what i said in my other post that somehow i was is creditting hartford's importance and their fan base basically as nothing more then a factory for new york... that was my primary frustration.
It's all good my man.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote