HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Conboy Waived

Old
11-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
With Conboy on his way down, hopefully making room for Boychuk, maybe when Pitkanen returns (likely tomorrow), we can send Rodney back and bring up one of Bowman/Samson, give them a sniff.
Question on Bowman. I've heard good things about him and know he had success in Juniors, but the times I have seen him, he didn't stand out to me.

It it a case of he is talented, but will take more time to adjust to the NHL game? or does he need to just get bigger / stronger?

I admit I did not see much of him so my assessment could be completely wrong.

Would like to get other's input on him and what to expect and what would limit him early on.

Last edited by Boom Boom Anton: 11-12-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Sens1Canes2

Doesn't anyone remember the tremendous chemistry last year on the Whitney-Cullen-LaRose line?

I don't think those guys should ever be broken up.

Sens1Canes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:34 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpuckhog View Post
Question on Bowman. I've heard good things about him and know he had success in Juniors, but the times I have seen him, he didn't stand out to me.

It it a case of he is talented, but will take more time to adjust to the NHL game? or does he need to just get bigger / stronger?

I admit I did not see much of him so my assessment could be completely wrong.

Would like to get other's input on him and what to expect and what would limit him early on.
Adjustment periods IMO, which is why I'm a fan of keeping him in the AHL until after the trade deadline. It seems to take him a bit to get accustomed to playing at different levels and then once he's at that point he dominates. At least that seemed to be the case in the WHL. He has the natural talent and even has the size (6'0/190) to be effective at this level, it's just going to take him a year in the AHL getting used to the speed of the pro game for him to get to that point.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 11:45 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Why did Bowman miss Albany's last game?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 05:44 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Adjustment periods IMO, which is why I'm a fan of keeping him in the AHL until after the trade deadline. It seems to take him a bit to get accustomed to playing at different levels and then once he's at that point he dominates. At least that seemed to be the case in the WHL. He has the natural talent and even has the size (6'0/190) to be effective at this level, it's just going to take him a year in the AHL getting used to the speed of the pro game for him to get to that point.
Thanks Dave. What do you see has is ultimate NHL Potential? (what line consistently and how many points?, etc..)

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Denzil
NOLU

He's got a mean shot on him, and he's started playing with more grit lately - he's not scoring as much as he did early on, but all round he's playing better... I do think he'd be better off staying here for this season though.

Denzil is offline   Reply With Quote