HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bring up Sanguinetti and sit Rozsival

Old
11-13-2009, 07:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Bring up Sanguinetti and sit Rozsival

Quote:
Rozsival had a dismal night on the blue line. It's becoming increasingly difficult to believe that Bobby Sanguinetti isn't deserving of a shot to unseat Rozsival and his $5M cap hit from the third pair. But we, much like the Rangers defense last night, digress.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...tpSl3FNeQT2b9L

Dismal is being nice. Piss poor night is more accurate. Got torched by Kane so many times. Blame for him for the 4-2 goal. Torts says Rozsival was calling for the puck but Henrik decided to rap it around the boards. When does Lundqvist never handle the puck? How do we know Rozsival called for the puck? Rozsival didn't pick up Kane or attempt to break up the pass after the puck was along the wall. In the third period,the puck was bouncing over his stick and has not able to control a simple pass.

To quote the great Bill Chadwick

“That guy handles the puck, like a cow handles a gun”

Rozsival is pathetic. Enough!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RangerBoy: 11-13-2009 at 07:50 AM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:16 AM
turcotte8

Cue the Rozi defenders in 3,2,1.....

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Section311

I think he has def been the worst one out there.

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:54 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

We got to blame somebody for the losses right?

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Looks like Rosy has done some intense off-season training with Marek Malik.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:57 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Or we can just blame somebody for piss-poor play....

And we are.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
blue2noise

I don't see how anyone could still be defending this guy. If Torts is a man of his word on the whole accountability thing, Rosie would be sitting.

It just keeps getting worse with this guy. That first goal was such a lazy effort on his part. The guy flat out sucks.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 08:58 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Dismal is being nice. Piss poor night is more accurate. Got torched by Kane so many times. Blame for him for the 4-2 goal. Torts says Rozsival was calling for the puck but Henrik decided to rap it around the boards. When does Lundqvist never handle the puck? How do we know Rozsival called for the puck? Rozsival didn't pick up Kane or attempt to break up the pass after the puck was along the wall. In the third period,the puck was bouncing over his stick and has not able to control a simple pass.

the blame for that goal is on Henrik and him alone

i agree that rozi's play has been horrible and something should be done, but that statement is just flat out false

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:01 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Hey Drury is out, there's a need to find someone else.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:03 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post

i agree that rozi's play has been horrible and something should be done, but that statement is just flat out false
Totally agree. Nobody here is saying Rozsival has been solid by any means.

However, to watch the game with bias Shades is pretty pathethic. That goal was Lundqvists fault. He needs to stay in his net and let Rozsy play the puck.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:04 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by #97 View Post
Hey Drury is out, there's a need to find someone else.
Please tell me what Rosie does well at this point.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:08 AM
lbrowne

Quote:

Definitely. Having played between the pipes for many years, there is no way you wrap that puck up along the boards especially with your defenseman standing right there with you. If you can't handle the puck well enough to clear the zone in that scenario, LEAVE IT.

Hank put his team in an awkward situation on that play and paid the price.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:10 AM
TheHotRock

he hasn't been good at all, but i do like that he's been shooting more. let's give him a couple more games?

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:10 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

It looked that way to me too. Rozsival's threw his arms down towards Lundqvist after the goal like something went terribly wrong. Not to absolve Rozsival, but it looks at least like this isolated case wasn't his fault.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Nah I think that 4th goal was all on Lundqvist...there was absolutely no reason to do what he did.

But Rozsival has been...frustrating once again. To me, moreso in that he just cannot handle the puck anymore and is becoming invisible in general (not in a good way). Part of that is probably icetime, but he's really just not active at all out there and he seems slower than recent years.

I don't really think calling Sanguinetti is an answer (jesus christ 3 rookies) but I do think Rozsival is playing his way out of town at the moment. Maybe Tortorella needs to use him differently, but even last year when he was Renney's go to guy, he was up and down.

That said, a lot of the D are having poor starts...Staal continues to look off, Girardi is good for a couple of big gaffs per game, Gilroy is more tentative than you'd like to see, Del Zotto is doing fine for a rookie, but still a rookie...Redden is really playing the best but of course not matching up to his salary.

Blueline kinda needs to get its **** together.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Cue the Rozi defenders in 3,2,1.....
Yah, I mean, there can't be anything to a horrible defensive effort other than "this guys sucks!".

I think the fact that Marc Staal has become a VERY close second to Rozsival in terms of brutal defensive play says there's something else to the situation other than a case of amnesia that now prevents both players from even remembering how to play the position.

These guys did a real nice job under Renney's tight, defense first game strategy. To me, it's painfully obvious that asking them to play a style of game they're not really very good at playing is hurting their contribution. You know, kind of like asking Wade Redden to play positional, stay at home defense.

So, cue the haters have will say I'm just making excuses for players that they just love to rip for any reason they can find.....

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Levitate

No, Rozsival was up and down under Renney as well. He's just never been a consistent player.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:29 AM
DontStepanMe

I wonder if we did bring up a dman who would it be Sangs or Heikkinen?

HFD people, which do you think is more ready?

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
No, Rozsival was up and down under Renney as well. He's just never been a consistent player.
Up and down, but never this bad. And as the team's perennial TOI leader, if he had been that bad, it would be painfully obvious. He's now on 3rd pairing ice time and still finding a way to give the game away.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:31 AM
McRanger

I despise Roszival but in all fairness the ice looked atrocious last night, one of worst I have ever seen. It looked nearly impossible to handle the puck last night, it was bouncing everywhere.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:34 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

it begins and ends with his wheels. he just hasnt got any. dude is the slowest skater when hes retreiving pucks and when hes skating up ice, its like hes skating in sand.

when you cannot skate and keep up, you cannot play against nhl talent.

look at what kane did to him on the 1st goal. he beat him with speed wide and rozy didnt play the body- never his strong suit anyway- and thus it turned into a 2 on 1.

forget rozys cement hands and his refusal to take open shots, his frequent telegraphing of shots and subsequent rejection of same- when he does manage to get one off which is rare- and lastly, his awful passes into his intended targets skates which results in a turnover, the guy has zero confidence left and he is painful to watch.

i always laugh when i watch replays of goals against from last year or even this year, it seems it always includes rozy chasing the guy with the puck and just as he catches him, the puck is in the net.

the more he plays, the more he hurts this team. time for a change.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:35 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Please tell me what Rosie does well at this point.
What bother me with Rozsival, is that everytime he got a solid game, that's barely noticed here or elsewhere. The guy never got credit this season after his benching against Washington, whereas he had picked up his game significantly. But when he makes one questionable play, plays that every single defenseman in the league is prone to commit at some point, boom, the firing squad is there.

Whether Rozsival or Lundqvist is guilty on that 4th goal has to be proven, but yeah there's definitely a lack of communication between the two.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:35 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Yah, I mean, there can't be anything to a horrible defensive effort other than "this guys sucks!".

I think the fact that Marc Staal has become a VERY close second to Rozsival in terms of brutal defensive play says there's something else to the situation other than a case of amnesia that now prevents both players from even remembering how to play the position.

These guys did a real nice job under Renney's tight, defense first game strategy. To me, it's painfully obvious that asking them to play a style of game they're not really very good at playing is hurting their contribution. You know, kind of like asking Wade Redden to play positional, stay at home defense.

So, cue the haters have will say I'm just making excuses for players that they just love to rip for any reason they can find.....
i agree with you to a degree

this system leaves a lot of our guys out to dry and the backchecking help has been hit or miss and it'll be a little worse with dubinsky out.

but

roszival has played dreadful....he does make a some good plays, but he makes a lot of little mistakes

the biggest one that gets me now is his passing, its seems like EVERY TIME he passes the puck its behind his target, or too far in front, or just off enough to hold up the rush

also, staal's shown that he's human...i think people are exaggerating his mistakes...he hasnt been that bad and still makes a lot of huge plays....this isnt the thread for that discussion though

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:36 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
I despise Roszival but in all fairness the ice looked atrocious last night, one of worst I have ever seen. It looked nearly impossible to handle the puck last night, it was bouncing everywhere.
somehow kovy managed to torch us skating on the same sheet.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:37 AM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
I agree with you about the ice but it can't be bad ice that's been effecting him for 1 1/2 seasons.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote