HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bring up Sanguinetti and sit Rozsival

Old
11-13-2009, 10:17 AM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
Rozi is no worse than any other Dman we have.
Yes he is!

The people who are still vehemently defending Rozsival are grasping at straws. That's not to say that our other defensemen have been the embodiment of consistency, but fact remains that Rozsival is getting paid 5 million to do nothing that any other defenseman can't do. He's replaceable, redundant and any other synonym you can think of.

Don't get me wrong, he's not solely at fault for this teams problems. To imply that would be just dumb, but he hasn't helped in the least bit and hasn't been any good for more than a year now.

Also, Michael Del Zotto has been playing fine defensively. At worst he's been as good as Rozsival. Oh, and he has 15 freaking points in 19 games as a ROOKIE! You give the guy some slack when he can do what he does offensively. Rozsival can't do one tenth of the things Del Zotto can do with the puck. I can't believe I even have to defend Michael Del Zotto at this point. He's played 20 games at the NHL level and he's 19! I think he's been outstanding so far considering the circumstances.

Rozsival is Malik with a good shot. Now that he can't even use it anymore he looks more and more like Malik. Unpredictable as ever

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:19 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Redden has been very solid this season. I wish he had a smaller contract, but that's another conversation. His play has been solid and I along with all others should have no reason to complain about him.

To me defensively
Redden
Gilroy
Girardi
Staal
MDZ
Rozsival

have been the best. Maybe Gilroy has been better because he's been with Redden, I'm not sure. Gilroy also doesn't seem to be as all out on the offense as MDZ has been and like he looked he would be in the preseason. However, to me that's been the best defensive pair.

Staal has been horrid this year compared to his normal play. IDK what his problem is. The only plus with him is that he's been hitting more this year. Girardi has has some very good games and then some not so good games. Too inconsistent.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:22 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Staal has been horrid this year compared to his normal play. IDK what his problem is. The only plus with him is that he's been hitting more this year. Girardi has has some very good games and then some not so good games. Too inconsistent.
Yeah, Staal has definitely been one of the bigger disappointments this season. I expected him at least to be as good as he was last season, but that has been far from the case. He's not thinking before he makes plays

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:28 AM
morffin

I was a Rosi defender ... admired the way he played hurt ...but he has to go..esp at the insane $$$ hes costing the team.

It has gotten to the point where Im surprised when he doesnt screw up ...not what you want in a d man.

No idea what is wrong with Staal .... put him with MDZ or Gilroy and let him be a stay at home d man... he basically has one offensive move anyway .. the ride along the boards and hope for a wrap around move.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
Rozi is no worse than any other Dman we have.
Playing with MDZ is a chore I would not necessarily volunteer for. He is great offensively and totally naive defensively. He is and will make mistakes for few years to come. His defensive partner has to be ready to cover for him. Either you over play and you get burned or you play your normal play and you will look selfish.

Its just what it means to have an 18 year old kid playing Man's game. You gotta take the rough with the smooth.

Rozi is playing with MDZ because (I am guessing) Torts believes Rozi is capable of covering for MDZ's defensive shortcomings. Instead of supporting him we are hissing him...g.d damned what kinda fans are we.

as for Brooks....that guy is a mental midget
Are we watching the same kid? MDZ has been lights out offensively, and one of our better defensemen in his own end. He also plays with a nice edge to his game and has a very active stick.

To say Rozsival is being dragged down by the kid is pretty absurd, IMHO. I think the initial plan was to have Rozsival 'help' MDZ adjust to the game, but that's damn hard to do when the rookie is outplaying the veteran in every aspect of the game. It's like asking Jeff Finger to mentor Luke Schenn just because he's around.

It's certainly not a stretch to say he's been our best offensive d-man this year, and I don't think it's too far off base to say he's been in the top-3 in terms of defense either.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:40 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

I've been a Rosival defender....until this season. He looks awful.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:43 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Again, what's wrong with Redden? Why wish our best d-man off the team? Redden had another solid game last night.
I actually thought last night was one of his more sub par games and he was still fairly solid. Not sure what else to expect from Redden.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Im all for giving Sanguinetti a shot. But I really hope Staal picks it up as he has been brutal this season.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:00 AM
NikC

if sather can pull off one more trade before he retires i hope
it's moving rosival

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Why? Rozsival turns the puck over so often it's not even funny. Rozsival's turnovers have led to goals multiple times this year. He's the worst puck handler on the team not named Donald.

If I was Henrik, I'd handle the puck more, too. Don't let that idiot touch it.
I agree... Said so last year.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Again, what's wrong with Redden? Why wish our best d-man off the team? Redden had another solid game last night.
I agree Redden has been steady this season, notice he doesn't hear the boos anymore? Yeah we all know he's extremely overpaid, and will never put up the points a 6.5 guy should, but you can live a little easier with him when he's playing good hockey.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Rozy hasn't changed, he'll make some good plays, as he did last night, but also some real bad ones, especially his timing when opponents are on the rush - like he did last night.

Del Z has made some bad decisions too, but his excuse is inexperience and at least he has the offensive to get some of those mistakes back.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Salary. Today's NHL is about players outplaying their contract and not the other way around.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
If I was Henrik, I'd handle the puck more, too. Don't let that idiot touch it.
That's like saying a few years ago that you don't want any distractions on your football team so you subtract Terrell Owens to add Chad Ochocinco.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:04 PM
goal1228

How can anyone defend Rosivals play... he's been awful. If it wasnt for his huge salary, he'd be out of the lineup and out of hockey.

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:12 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
That's like saying a few years ago that you don't want any distractions on your football team so you subtract Terrell Owens to add Chad Ochocinco.
hey, don't compare chad and TO! Chad's just having fun and is at his best when he's running his mouth and playing games

TO, on the other hand, is a flat out distraction and a detriment to his team(s)

Who Dey! here's to the Bengals finishing their sweep of big Jen and the steelers on Sunday!

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:12 PM
eco's bones

I would like to see Sanguinetti--maybe Heikkinen get some games this year anyway. Both seem to be doing really well.

Rozsival is struggling--whether it's mentally adjusting to a lesser role I don't know. As some have noted he's always been a bit inconsistent and his contract is not a good one either which besides the cap hit might make him very hard to move. He got schooled by an 18 year old on the first goal. Whatever one wants to say about MDZ's role on that same goal--Rozi's gap control was not good and he was caught flatfooted with Kane easily going right around him. That was where the Rangers lost control of that particular play.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:13 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I would like to see Sanguinetti--maybe Heikkinen get some games this year anyway. Both seem to be doing really well.

Rozsival is struggling--whether it's mentally adjusting to a lesser role I don't know. As some have noted he's always been a bit inconsistent and his contract is not a good one either which besides the cap hit might make him very hard to move. He got schooled by an 18 year old on the first goal. Whatever one wants to say about MDZ's role on that same goal--Rozi's gap control was not good and he was caught flatfooted with Kane easily going right around him. That was where the Rangers lost control of that particular play.
...and the game.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Salary. Today's NHL is about players outplaying their contract and not the other way around.
Redden earns most of his salary. There are a LOT of players in the league who don't earn their full keep even today.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
We got to blame somebody for the losses right?

Were in a bad way right now. I dunno what to say that is gonna make it better. Someone needs to step up & carry the team for a week or 2.

I don't think another puck moving Defensemen is gonna help us. We need a guy that hits with no mercy.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Redden earns most of his salary. There are a LOT of players in the league who don't earn their full keep even today.
I wouldn't go that far. Listen, I like Redden and in normal circumstances would like him on my team but not at his price tag. He's worth 3millish IMO. that's not even half. I agree, On most nights he's been our top D-man. But let's face it, looking in the short-term he's a pretty negative influence. That Salary space of overpayment is the diffrence from still having Zherdev or Antropov on the team and it's the diffrence from retaing Jagr(Debatable).
Long term I don't even want to think about...A few years down the road he is going to be scary bad and easily the worst contract in the league. Age catches up to you. And when you are hit hard on a night to night basis (In Ottawa) it tends to catch up alot faster than you would hope.

So, yes, I wish him off the team and I'm sure you do to.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I don't wish Redden off the team at all. If he was making 4.5-5M, none of us would be saying anything.

To say he's only worth 3M is laughable and shows you don't understand how unrestricted free agency works.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Richter35

I agree, he's been real bad. So the question is, what happens to roszival next year? I doubt anyone would trade for him, or that we'd buyout for the cap ramifications. He's getting an apt in hartford then?

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:58 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Rozi apologists still crack me up. He's HORRIBLE.

I'm sick of hearing about how he's just struggling and it's a mental thing with him the last 2 seasons. He's soft both physically and mentally. He has a good shot and he never uses it.

The guy hasn't been the same since the first 3 seasons after the lock-out. I don't know if it was that hip injury, or what? Does this guy have a self-esteem or confidence issue or something? These little flashes of brilliance the last 2 seasons (last seasons west coast trip stands out in my mind) can't compare to his overall "blah" game. Also he's another softee on the blueline (great). I can't wait until he's out of here.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:59 PM
OverTheCap

This is all fine and dandy, but 3 rookies on D?! That means Staal and Girardi will be getting even more ice time, and they've looked atrocious of late, especially Staal.

Like others have said, it seems like some defensemen are having problems with the system. I'm eager to see what Sangs brings to the table but I don't think he's the answer to this team's defensive woes. I guess we need to give it more time to see if the defensemen can adjust. It's pretty frustrating to watch, though.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote