HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dismantled. Disheartened. Disgusting.

Old
11-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Jet
Big Ben

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
We must be the worst passing team in the NHL. Very simple passes, even, just go to the skates or the backhand, and forget about real playmaker passes. Thats the main thing I notice when I watch other teams play their games; crisp tape to tape passing all night long. Something the Oilers are never capable of.
You think we passed bad before just wait till we play without grebs. People slagging him on here for turnovers seem to ignore the many simple, effective, and often great passes this guy makes on a game by game basis. So many people see what they want to see and not what actually is happening. P.s. The injuries just have to stop this is ridiculous
Posted via Mobile Device

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 09:37 AM
SlowFreshOil*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
You think we passed bad before just wait till we play without grebs. People slagging him on here for turnovers seem to ignore the many simple, effective, and often great passes this guy makes on a game by game basis. So many people see what they want to see and not what actually is happening. P.s. The injuries just have to stop this is ridiculous
Posted via Mobile Device
Grebs shouldn't have stuck out his leg then. I don't know why he did it.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
No doubt. I thought the sens game was by far the more physical,hotly contested, and entertaining game. The oilers were tired tonight and it showed
Posted via Mobile Device
Again I think this is more indication of the hits stat being fictional. Do people really think Buffalo layed only 5 hits on us in last nights game?

I thought there was more like 20.

Just the hits that were penalties or people thought should be penalties exceeds the 5.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:06 AM
OntOilFan

Hemsky has the hockey sense of a flag pole.

Glad people are finally coming around on how overrated he is by Oilers Nation.

Way more often than not, he makes stupid plays.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:16 AM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
Hemsky has the hockey sense of a flag pole.

Glad people are finally coming around on how overrated he is by Oilers Nation.

Way more often than not, he makes stupid plays.
He needs to learn how to use the other people on the ice to his advantage. The PP goes on a tear when he's not in the lineup, and struggles when he comes back. What's that say about his contribution to the PP?

I like Hemmer, but he's really frustrating to watch when he hangs on to the puck too long.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:18 AM
OntOilFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
He needs to learn how to use the other people on the ice to his advantage. The PP goes on a tear when he's not in the lineup, and struggles when he comes back. What's that say about his contribution to the PP?

I like Hemmer, but he's really frustrating to watch when he hangs on to the puck too long.
Yup.

Hemsky gets puck.

Hemsky shuffles his feet up and down the wall.

Hemsky attemps cross-ice pass through sticks and legs to defenceman that can't shoot.

Hemsky attempts waster shot through sticks and legs.

Hemsky gives it away.

Hemsky sucks.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:27 AM
scout1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
Yup.

Hemsky gets puck.

Hemsky shuffles his feet up and down the wall.

Hemsky attemps cross-ice pass through sticks and legs to defenceman that can't shoot.

Hemsky attempts waster shot through sticks and legs.

Hemsky gives it away.

Hemsky sucks.

Your assessments of Smid in the past were bang on as well

scout1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 11:48 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogliano13Gagner89 View Post
The problem with Hemsky is he doesn't shoot the puck. He is always looking pass and everyone knows that, that is the reason why he has been so ineffected. If Hemsky would start taking shots and one timers which he seems to have a chance to do a few times each power play, teams would then start paying more attention to him and not the other 4 guys.
Disagree, the problem with the PP. Is that NO ONE shoots enough.

Hemsky makes a lot of pinpoint perfect passes to players that have a clear path to the net but they do not shoot the puck.

It's easy for this board as they usually do make Hemsky (or pick any other player in a certain year) the scapegoat but lets be real. It's not just Hemsky that circles or makes bad passes and yes he will make some. The difference being is that Hemsky will make 5 to 8 wonderful plays that no one else on this team can make and does EVERY game! I have already given an example earlier in the thread of about 5 and I am sure if I watched the game again I could come up with more examples.

Lets go back in this game and find other bad examples. Gagner has the puck behind the net with 8 seconds left in a PP that had Buffalo penned in for the whole two minutes, they are gassed. A Buffalo player skates towards Gagner, he panics makes a pass that misses everybody and the puck goes outside the zone.

Penner drives to the net beating the defender, instead of shooting he tries a cross-ice pass that misses Sullivan, who now has to retrieve it and shoots it from a bad-angle.

Hemsky passes the puck to Grebs at the point, no defender is on him and there is traffic in front. He could walk in and wire it but instead passes to the sideboards. I think he was waiting for the golden ticket to shoot!

Hemsky makes an easy target because he does the talent to hold on to the puck and because he has the puck so much will make some bad plays but lets get real! Hemsky is the least of this teams problems right now!

If the Oilers capitilize on even three of the great plays he created last night he is first star!

Last edited by hockeyaddict101: 11-12-2009 at 11:56 AM.
hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Destroyko

For what it's worth, MacArthur will not receive supplementary discipline, as per Bob McKenzie's twitter.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Destroyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyko View Post
For what it's worth, MacArthur will not receive supplementary discipline, as per Bob McKenzie's twitter.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie
And it's a complete joke. The hit was just as bad as the Glencross hit if not worse. How does Glencross get three games and MacArthur gets nothing. Why are teams allowed to cheapshot Oilers players and get away without any discipline from the NHL?

11-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Jet
Big Ben

I know I am waaaaaaay late to the party on this, but no matter how bad things are for the Oilers I will always be able to LMAO on HF by just cruising over here

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=616680

Old
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Sheikyerbouti

Quote:
How does Glencross get three games and MacArthur gets nothing
MacArthur was a bang-bang play where the skater became vulnerable and the checker didn't react fast enough.

Glencross was behind the play, saw the skater in a vulnerable position and reacted with a check.

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikyerbouti View Post
MacArthur was a bang-bang play where the skater became vulnerable and the checker didn't react fast enough.

Glencross was behind the play, saw the skater in a vulnerable position and reacted with a check.

But why are players allowed to cheapshot an Oilers player and get away with it? Teams are allowed to cheapshot an Oilers player and get away with it.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Sheikyerbouti

BTW, everyone seems upset at this game, but Buffalo has played very well this season. We were on the second half of a back to back and played a decent game. Miller was really good and we blew some chances, especially on the PP, but let's think back to last year when a Sabres team that wasn't this good blew us out.

I wish the roster was better, but it is what it is and the coaching staff has been improving our play in a lot of area's.

Old
11-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Sheikyerbouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
But why are players allowed to cheapshot an Oilers player and get away with it? Teams are allowed to cheapshot an Oilers player and get away with it.
It's a vast NHL conspiracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Shot
an illegal and unsportsmanlike act of unnecessary violence; "he called a penalty on them when the lineman took a cheap shot at the quarterback"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Old
11-12-2009, 04:40 PM
CupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:
I know I am waaaaaaay late to the party on this, but no matter how bad things are for the Oilers I will always be able to LMAO on HF by just cruising over here

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=616680
LOL, that is the funniest thread EVER, i don't feel so bad about the Oilers now.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Jet
Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
LOL, that is the funniest thread EVER, i don't feel so bad about the Oilers now.
I am still looking through it and laughing so friggin hard... just pure awesomness in that thread. I have it bookmarked on my Firefox bookmark toolbar as "Jokinen and Turkey Girl"

Old
11-12-2009, 10:27 PM
enthropi

I guess you guys should check this one out too then...

Turkey Girl's Dollhouse (and other favorites)

The progression is funnier than the final results... I still can't believe how cheesy those pics for the USA teams are...

enthropi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post

This one is awesome as well.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=695367

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 10:45 PM
CupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:
I am still looking through it and laughing so friggin hard... just pure awesomness in that thread. I have it bookmarked on my Firefox bookmark toolbar as "Jokinen and Turkey Girl"
Yeah, i've gotta bookmark that one as well, that's a lifetime worth of laughs in one thread, i can't believe how creative some people are, i especially love the Fresh Prince of Bel Air one where Turkey Girl and Jokinen are watching Carlton with Bettman's head crawling on the floor. That was pure gold

Old
11-12-2009, 10:47 PM
CupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
This one is awesome as well.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=695367
Yeah, the Bizarro Raffi one is great too and kind of creepy at the same time lol

Old
11-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Philly85
Raps'

I still can't get over how stupid this thread title is.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote