HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bring up Sanguinetti and sit Rozsival

Old
11-13-2009, 01:59 PM
t3hg00se

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't wish Redden off the team at all. If he was making 4.5-5M, none of us would be saying anything.

To say he's only worth 3M is laughable and shows you don't understand how unrestricted free agency works.
If Redden was making 4.5-5M a season, Redden jersey's would flood the garden.

Maybe not flood.

But it would rain.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 02:21 PM
ColonialsHockey10

I cannot believe people are ripping on Del Zotto's defensive game this season. He had ONE bad game last night. The few games before that he was very good defensively, and that's why he's beginning to earn more ice time. Staal definitely hasn't progressed, but he still break up odd man rushes every game and makes good plays. He also 7 points, half of his total last year. His play is being very over-exaggerated. Redden has been solid all year, and he makes one giveaway and everyone gives him hell. I wish we could all treat our defensemen equally on a game-per-game basis.

Roszival can take a seat though, unless he manages to get his confidence back up; it's worse then Steve Carell in the 40 year old virgin.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 02:34 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
If Redden was making 4.5-5M a season, Redden jersey's would flood the garden.

Maybe not flood.

But it would rain.
I'd lower that to $3 mil or so!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I cannot believe people are ripping on Del Zotto's defensive game this season.
Huh? One or two people mightve said that, theres no 'ripping' going on here.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 02:38 PM
NYR Viper

I have been very impressed with Redden's play this season. Rozsival, on the other hand, has been absolutely horrible. I would rather see a player like Sauer or Sanguinetti get some experience and live with the bumps and rookie mistakes knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 03:03 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I said in the GDT that Redden/Gilroy is this teams best defensive pairing and that is saying something.

Staal looks like a rookie and Girardi is doing okay I guess
MDZ looks fine for a rookie, plus his offense negates any negative defensive lapses he may have (comes with the territory)

Now Roszival has been poor at best. He does look lost, or maybe disinterested. The one thing about him though is that if you get him into the playoffs, he's a horse. I never understood that.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 03:18 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
the blame for that goal is on Henrik and him alone

i agree that rozi's play has been horrible and something should be done, but that statement is just flat out false
agreed.

I also find it disgusting that people blame the first goal on him. Not much else you can do, he took away any sort of good shot, and made the pass a difficult one to make. MDZ should've been able to tie up his man or at least prevent the shot.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 03:22 PM
RangerFan10

I think Staal is turning it around, overall Rozy is the weak link of the group. Gilroy-Redden have been really good...I don't understand why they don't get more minutes. Girardi and Staal had some rough patches but they've looked tons better to me now, maybe its because Rozy and Del Zotto have been getting 1st pairing type minutes(I don't get why)

I also can't for the life of me understand why Redden doesn't get any powerplay time but Roszival does. Redden may not be the PP QB we all hoped for when he signed here but he has a very nice low shot from the point...we should be utilizing it on the man advantage, not watching Rozy lose the puck at the blueline because he can't catch a pass.

Rozy just looks off this season, I'm hoping he turns it around because I don't see a logical way of getting rid of him other than burying him in Hartford. And that's not the greatest solution at all

Old
11-13-2009, 03:27 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Definitely. Having played between the pipes for many years, there is no way you wrap that puck up along the boards especially with your defenseman standing right there with you. If you can't handle the puck well enough to clear the zone in that scenario, LEAVE IT.

Hank put his team in an awkward situation on that play and paid the price.
Maybe he has zero confidence in Rozy making the right play.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 03:28 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Maybe he has zero confidence in Rozy making the right play.
I really doubt there's that much time for Lundqvist to think to himself "Who's coming here? Oh ****, it's Roszy, I'd better come out and play it myself, he's bound to mess this up."

Old
11-13-2009, 03:38 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I really doubt there's that much time for Lundqvist to think to himself "Who's coming here? Oh ****, it's Roszy, I'd better come out and play it myself, he's bound to mess this up."
If you look at the replay,Lundqvist's stick nearly hit Rozsival in the face. He didn't know Rozsival was standing there waiting for the puck. Miscommunication on whose part?

Old
11-13-2009, 03:41 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
If you look at the replay,Lundqvist's stick nearly hit Rozsival in the face. He didn't know Rozsival was standing there waiting for the puck. Miscommunication on whose part?
Both? In any case, it has nothing to do with a lack of faith in Rozy on Lundqvist's part and what you're suggesting is a huge stretch.

Old
11-13-2009, 03:43 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
On another subject, I asked Henrik Lundqvist - who will start tomorrow in Ottawa - about the miscommunication Tortorella cited between the goalie and defenseman Michal Rozsival that led to Evander Kane’s goal at 18:06 of the second period, Atlanta’s second in 25 seconds as it took a 4-2 lead.

“I should have left that one,” said Lundqvist, who, instead, tried to shoot the puck up the right boards, only to have the clearing attempt stopped and sent in front for Kane.” I thought I had the wall but Rozsy was right behind me. He screamed for me at the same time I fired it.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...s_is_a_center/

Why didn't Rozsival yell earlier for the puck? I am usually a Rozy defender but nobody can defend his play since signing the big contract. It's not his hip.

Old
11-13-2009, 03:44 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Both? In any case, it has nothing to do with a lack of faith in Rozy on Lundqvist's part and what you're suggesting is a huge stretch.
What am I suggesting? You don't think players lose faith and question their teammates ability to play.

Old
11-13-2009, 03:46 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
What am I suggesting?
That Lundqvist is playing differently than he normally would because he has no faith in Roszival playing effectively.

Old
11-13-2009, 03:48 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:

Why didn't Rozsival yell earlier for the puck? I am usually a Rozy defender but nobody can defend his play since signing the big contract. It's not his hip.
I don't know if you've noticed, but hockey's a pretty fast paced game. You're blaming Rozy because they yelled for it at the same time, you could blame Lundqvist for not yelling for it sooner too. I don't see the issue, these kinds of things happen.

Old
11-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Ranger Angst

Rozy would ocst too much to buyout right now.
MICHAL ROZSIVAL BUYOUT FROM CAPGEEK.COM
2010-2011: $2,166,667
2011-2012: $3,166,667
2012-2013: $1,166,667
2013-2014: $1,166,667

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 03:55 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
That Lundqvist is playing differently than he normally would because he has no faith in Roszival playing effectively.
How do you know what Lundqvist is thinking when he sees Rozsival struggle after he sees Rozival get torched by Kane, sees a puck go in off of Girardi and gets screened by Girardi on the 3rd goal? He sees the puck and says I'm going to get rid of this puck because my defensemen are helping me at all tonight. Henrik has been known to get frustrated at mistakes made on front of him?

Old
11-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

Thats really nitpicking. He's been bad but lets not get carried away here.

Old
11-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

on the first goal MDZ was skated by like he wasn't even there, so he's just as much at fault as Rozsival is, if not more so since his guy is the one who scored the goal. THe 4th is all on Henrik..he does stupid puck handling plays at least once a week...that was this weeks.

Honestly none of the 6 defenseman have been all that bad, to me the real problem has been a lack of backcheck from the forwards...they arent putting near enough back pressure and are blowing assignments left, right, and center...the wingers in particular.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 03:59 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
How do you know what Lundqvist is thinking when he sees Rozsival struggle after he sees Rozival get torched by Kane, sees a puck go in off of Girardi and gets screened by Girardi on the 3rd goal? He sees the puck and says I'm going to get rid of this puck because my defensemen are helping me at all tonight. Henrik has been known to get frustrated at mistakes made on front of him?
I'm not claiming to know what Lundqvist is thinking. In my experience playing men's league hockey, there's not the kind of time to think "oh, here comes that guy that sucks again, I better do something I normally wouldn't do" where I'm certain in the NHL there's absolutely no time to think like that. There's no way, IMO, Lundqvist is playing differently when Roszival is on the ice than when he's not. It's just not any way to play goal, or hockey for that matter.

Old
11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
I don't know if you've noticed, but hockey's a pretty fast paced game. You're blaming Rozy because they yelled for it at the same time, you could blame Lundqvist for not yelling for it sooner too. I don't see the issue, these kinds of things happen.
You're making an issue here. Do you see other defensemen around the NHL making the stupid decisions Rozsival makes? Their games must be not fast paced. Players want to get paid and when they receive their payday,there is a responsibility to live up to that contract. Rozsival left his game in the 2007 playoff series against Buffalo. In 07-08,it was his hip was bothering him and he was concerned about his contract. He got his hip repaired and got his money. Why is he playing like ****?

Old
11-13-2009, 04:03 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Thats really nitpicking. He's been bad but lets not get carried away here.
The guy is a disaster. Sather never should have given him that contract.

Old
11-13-2009, 04:04 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
on the first goal MDZ was skated by like he wasn't even there, so he's just as much at fault as Rozsival is, if not more so since his guy is the one who scored the goal. THe 4th is all on Henrik..he does stupid puck handling plays at least once a week...that was this weeks.

Honestly none of the 6 defenseman have been all that bad, to me the real problem has been a lack of backcheck from the forwards...they arent putting near enough back pressure and are blowing assignments left, right, and center...the wingers in particular.
Agreed.

I don't think the D has been spectacular, but there is a lot wrong with this team right now and picking on Rozsival alone isn't the answer.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
You're making an issue here. Do you see other defensemen around the NHL making the stupid decisions Rozsival makes? Their games must be not fast paced. Players want to get paid and when they receive their payday,there is a responsibility to live up to that contract. Rozsival left his game in the 2007 playoff series against Buffalo. In 07-08,it was his hip was bothering him and he was concerned about his contract. He got his hip repaired and got his money. Why is he playing like ****?
Are you saying he's diabolical??