HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers Line Up for Sunday

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2009, 12:20 PM
  #1
NotBad*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 500
Oilers Line Up for Sunday

Penner - *Horc* - Hemsky
OSully - Gagner - Cogs
Comrie - Brule - Stortini
Moreau - Poutulny - Omara?

Vish - Staois
Gilbert - Smid?
Chorney? - ???

Wow this is getting ugly. Im not sure if Horcoff is a go or if Sourray is a go......

NotBad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:26 PM
  #2
eastcoasteh
Registered User
 
eastcoasteh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
My only issue with that lineup is the health of those actually on that list. Other than that, I kinda like it.

eastcoasteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:28 PM
  #3
NotBad*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 500
Well Comrie is still reeling from the after affects of the flu,

Hemsky shoulder probably isnt 100%
Horcoffs shoulder probably isnt either
Smid Hopefully hes recovered....

Wow this is just brutal

NotBad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:28 PM
  #4
Gusher
Registered User
 
Gusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBad View Post
Penner - *Horc* - Hemsky
OSully - Gagner - Cogs
Comrie - Brule - Stortini
Moreau - Poutulny - Omara?

Vish - Staois
Gilbert - Smid?
Chorney? - ???

Wow this is getting ugly. Im not sure if Horcoff is a go or if Sourray is a go......
O'Marra has been sent down already.

Nilsson will likely draw in. He's ready to go.

Souray and Horcoff are probable.

Gusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:31 PM
  #5
MePutPuckInNet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Imma gonna be hating on Quinn if he breaks up O'Sullivan/Penner.

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:32 PM
  #6
faneuil
Registered User
 
faneuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 4,018
vCash: 500
Sunday will be Atlanta's third game in four nights. Hopefully they'll be tired.

faneuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:33 PM
  #7
NotBad*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 500
I didnt realize nilsson was a go....

Damn forgot strudz on d

NotBad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:45 PM
  #8
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusher View Post
O'Marra has been sent down already.

Nilsson will likely draw in. He's ready to go.

Souray and Horcoff are probable.

Omarra could be recalled due to injuries if more injuries get piles on

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
  #9
battlegoon
Registered User
 
battlegoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusher View Post
O'Marra has been sent down already.

Nilsson will likely draw in. He's ready to go.

Souray and Horcoff are probable.
Really? Good to hear about Souray, we could really use him

battlegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 12:59 PM
  #10
GMofOilers
Registered User
 
GMofOilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mountains
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,793
vCash: 500
Well this was the lines for practice today

http://www.630ched.com/Channels/Reg/...spx?ID=1164830

LINES TODAY

Penner - Horcoff - Hemsky

Comrie - Gagner - O'Sullivan

Moreau - Cogliano - Stortini

Nilsson - Potulny - Brule


Souray - Staios

Smid - Visnovsky

Strudwick - Gilbert

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:11 PM
  #11
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
Imma gonna be hating on Quinn if he breaks up O'Sullivan/Penner.
WHy? OSully wasn't eh reason Penner looks awesome...Penner is the reason Penner looks awesome.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:31 PM
  #12
MePutPuckInNet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
WHy? OSully wasn't eh reason Penner looks awesome...Penner is the reason Penner looks awesome.
I didn't say it was. I just think they're a better pairing. I don't like Hemsky/Penner. And i don't like O'Sullivan/Comrie.

MePutPuckInNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
  #13
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY
 
Uncle Grouchy Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
Well this was the lines for practice today

http://www.630ched.com/Channels/Reg/...spx?ID=1164830

LINES TODAY

Penner - Horcoff - Hemsky

Comrie - Gagner - O'Sullivan

Moreau - Cogliano - Stortini

Nilsson - Potulny - Brule


Souray - Staios

Smid - Visnovsky

Strudwick - Gilbert
i'm up in the air on the 4th line....

Uncle Grouchy Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM
  #14
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,851
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
Well this was the lines for practice today

http://www.630ched.com/Channels/Reg/...spx?ID=1164830

LINES TODAY

Penner - Horcoff - Hemsky

Comrie - Gagner - O'Sullivan

Moreau - Cogliano - Stortini

Nilsson - Potulny - Brule


Souray - Staios

Smid - Visnovsky

Strudwick - Gilbert
Why on earth is Brule on the 4th line?!?!? AHHH! I'm Going in sane!!!

3rd line of

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky
Comrie-Gagner-Brule
O'Sullivan-Cogliano-Stortini
Moreau-Potuny-Nilson works much better.

Brule is fast but also plays a mean game... plus he's been better offensively.

I like Stortini but I'm afraid of what will happen if he plays 3rd line minutes. I don't think his game is ready for that kind of responsibility. No way does it he go through this game without a fight if he's getting 3rd line minutes.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 02:57 PM
  #15
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Why on earth is Brule on the 4th line?!?!? AHHH! I'm Going in sane!!!

3rd line of

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky
Comrie-Gagner-Brule
O'Sullivan-Cogliano-Stortini
Moreau-Potuny-Nilson works much better.

Brule is fast but also plays a mean game... plus he's been better offensively.

I like Stortini but I'm afraid of what will happen if he plays 3rd line minutes. I don't think his game is ready for that kind of responsibility. No way does it he go through this game without a fight if he's getting 3rd line minutes.
Moreau-Cogliano-Stortini was the line we had last game.. they held their own 5-on-5 creating plenty of chances.. The '4th' line ended up playing more minutes though..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 03:52 PM
  #16
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,276
vCash: 500
I'd like to see this...

Penner - O'Sullivan - Hemsky

Comrie - Gagner - Brule

Nilsson - Horcoff - Cogliano

Moreau - Potulny - Stortini

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 05:17 PM
  #17
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
I'd like to see this...

Penner - O'Sullivan - Hemsky

Comrie - Gagner - Brule

Nilsson - Horcoff - Cogliano

Moreau - Potulny - Stortini
I like that line-up. The only issue I have is that Osullivan is weak on face offs.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 05:28 PM
  #18
PumpkinBomb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
This is just semantics but the: moreau cogliano stortini line is actually the 4th line.

PumpkinBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.