Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

BÅG doesn't coach?

Old
11-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Padan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Yeah I think I remember that it was a kind of controversial decision. Was it Holmströms lack of skating that did it? I mean, BÅG could hardly skate him self and did fairly well as a player so I would imagine he would over see such issue if the player could contribute with other more unique skills like Holmström does. But then again he seem to favour the ones with good wheels.
If my memory serves me right, Bengt-Åke's words during the press conference were like "There are better players who can contribute more to the team than Holmström does." He thought that Holmström was good at screening the goalie, but lacking in pretty much every other area.

Padan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padan View Post
If my memory serves me right, Bengt-Åke's words during the press conference were like "There are better players who can contribute more to the team than Holmström does." He thought that Holmström was good at screening the goalie, but lacking in pretty much every other area.
I think you are right about the paraphrasing, but if you think about it, it's even worse. Holmström is the ultimate grinder; he doesn't only screen the goalie, but he wins the board battles, might have the best hand-coordintation I have ever seen on Tre Kronor, and most importantly, his damn jaw is going ALL THE TIME in EVERY GAME. He gets in his opponents heads, and he owns them. We have a bunch of crazy loons babbeling away in Swedish hockey, but Holmström knows how to manage his words and actions, which is why he basically owns the area in front of the net, and outplay far greater talents on a nightly basis.

Knowing the difference between trash talking and getting in people's heads is a damn talent, and thinking we didn't need Holmström for that is crazy. Ask Jarko Ruutu.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 05:45 PM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
I think you are right about the paraphrasing, but if you think about it, it's even worse. Holmström is the ultimate grinder; he doesn't only screen the goalie, but he wins the board battles, might have the best hand-coordintation I have ever seen on Tre Kronor, and most importantly, his damn jaw is going ALL THE TIME in EVERY GAME. He gets in his opponents heads, and he owns them. We have a bunch of crazy loons babbeling away in Swedish hockey, but Holmström knows how to manage his words and actions, which is why he basically owns the area in front of the net, and outplay far greater talents on a nightly basis.

Knowing the difference between trash talking and getting in people's heads is a damn talent, and thinking we didn't need Holmström for that is crazy. Ask Jarko Ruutu.
He said I should exercise more and go ****** my self?

I think you are correct on Holmström btw.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
He said I should exercise more and go ****** my self?

I think you are correct on Holmström btw.
Well, Jarko has such way with words, that little pointy ear, elf looking devil with a silver tounge...

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote