HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

At the Practice today

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2009, 04:48 PM
  #1
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
At the Practice today

Les trios à l'entraînement

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-White
Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen
Latendresse-Lapierre-White

Hamrlik-Mara
Bergeron-Gorges
Carle-Leach-O'Byrne

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/286138.html

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 04:52 PM
  #2
Ceux de Montreal
help
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Les trios à l'entraînement

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-White
Pacioretty-Metropolit-Moen
Latendresse-Lapierre-White

Hamrlik-Mara
Bergeron-Gorges
Carle-Leach-O'Byrne

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/286138.html
why is white on two lines?

also it states spacek missed the pratice

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 04:54 PM
  #3
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
why is white on two lines?

also it states spacek missed the pratice
I guess Pyatt is one of the two White...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 05:00 PM
  #4
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
No Spacek vs Nashville. Our pairings should look like this.

Hamrlik-Gorges
Mara-Carle
Bergeron-Leach

Wow. Heaven help us. Missing Markov, Obyrne, Spacek, Gill.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 05:25 PM
  #5
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
good, keep kostitsyn and plekanec together for a few games something's gotta click

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 05:28 PM
  #6
Vicious
Registered User
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,691
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
God imagine those d-pairings going into next weekend's back-to-back (home and away) against Washington and Detroit :|

Hell, we might actually break Carolina out of their putrid slump this week.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 05:32 PM
  #7
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
No Spacek vs Nashville. Our pairings should look like this.

Hamrlik-Gorges
Mara-Carle
Bergeron-Leach

Wow. Heaven help us. Missing Markov, Obyrne, Spacek, Gill.
I never thought we could ever miss Gill this much.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 05:41 PM
  #8
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
God imagine those d-pairings going into next weekend's back-to-back (home and away) against Washington and Detroit :|

Hell, we might actually break Carolina out of their putrid slump this week.
urg dont jinx me i have 50$ on the canes tonight

their streak must end TONIGHT

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 05:47 PM
  #9
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 500
Markov, O'Byrne, Spacek and Gill all out. Thats 2/3 of or D!!

I thought we had a glutton of defencemen this summer, just goes to show you, you can never have too much depth!

Too bad Valentenko defected and Emelin never came over. They'd have gotten tonnes of playing time.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 06:37 PM
  #10
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
urg dont jinx me i have 50$ on the canes tonight

their streak must end TONIGHT
isles up 3 nill into the first

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 06:43 PM
  #11
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
isles up 3 nill into the first
Trust me i know

FML...i actually had to put 15$ on the LAFFS to cover my loss from CAR...thats if Toronto win

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 06:50 PM
  #12
Moen in Glory
Sidebar is coming
 
Moen in Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 4,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Trust me i know

FML...i actually had to put 15$ on the LAFFS to cover my loss from CAR...thats if Toronto win
Did you put this money on Toronto BEFORE they said Toskala would be in net?

Moen in Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM
  #13
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
Did you put this money on Toronto BEFORE they said Toskala would be in net?
Nop...im that suicidal at getting my money back, whatever happens cant be worst than Carolina tonight...except if it goes in a SO lol

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 07:20 PM
  #14
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 500
Wow. How bored are we all tonight. I'm going out drinking now. The fact wé have a thread on a typo is depressing me.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:43 PM
  #15
Owen Wilson
Registered User
 
Owen Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Why hasn't Martin tried Gionta with Pleks yet?

They played together a little bit in pre-season and looked together

Owen Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:43 AM
  #16
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Markov, O'Byrne, Spacek and Gill all out. Thats 2/3 of or D!!

I thought we had a glutton of defencemen this summer, just goes to show you, you can never have too much depth!

Too bad Valentenko defected and Emelin never came over. They'd have gotten tonnes of playing time.
Eh, Valentenko would have more ice time in the NHL than in the KHL !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:44 AM
  #17
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post
Why hasn't Martin tried Gionta with Pleks yet?

They played together a little bit in pre-season and looked together
Right on !

Cammalleri - Gomez+ ???

??? - Plekanec - Gionta

Too bad A.K and Latendresse are useless because they could had filled the ??? spots. !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:05 AM
  #18
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,779
vCash: 500
Maybe i'm wrong but when you arrange lines, especially the first two lines, you need:

A someone that control the play, control the puck/the skater(the passer)
B the shooter(goal scorer)
C that one that will cause obstruction in front of net(the talented grinder)

A would be guys like Gomez and Plekanec
B would be guys like Gionta and Cammalleri
C No idea

Shouldn't this be a problem already? It's evident that Gomez and Gionta need a guy that's going to crash the net and that Cammy needs to be with Plek and with a third player that would be that physical presence. Switching Gomez with Camm and Plek with Gio would work too. But the moment you put Camm with Gio and Gomez everything falls apart and the fact that there's a lack of two physical players on the first two lines also makes it hard. I don't know why Martin hasn't figured this out yet. Even if he can't find those two physical players, you have to at least keep Camm on the Plek line because you're getting one player that is all alone, basically.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:07 AM
  #19
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
Maybe i'm wrong but when you arrange lines, especially the first two lines, you need:

A someone that control the play, control the puck/the skater(the passer)
B the shooter(goal scorer)
C that one that will cause obstruction in front of net(the talented grinder)

A would be guys like Gomez and Plekanec
B would be guys like Gionta and Cammalleri
C No idea

Shouldn't this be a problem already? It's evident that Gomez and Gionta need a guy that's going to crash the net and that Cammy needs to be with Plek and with a third player that would be that physical presence. Switching Gomez with Camm and Plek with Gio would work too. But the moment you put Camm with Gio and Gomez everything falls apart and the fact that there's a lack of two physical players on the first two lines also makes it hard. I don't know why Martin hasn't figured this out yet. Even if he can't find those two physical players, you have to at least keep Camm on the Plek line because you're getting one player that is all alone, basically.
So you want 2 centers on the first line?

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:10 AM
  #20
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
So you want 2 centers on the first line?
I think you're as smart as Jean-Charles?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 10:17 AM
  #21
Schooner Guy
Registered User
 
Schooner Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Markov, O'Byrne, Spacek and Gill all out. Thats 2/3 of or D!!

I thought we had a glutton of defencemen this summer, just goes to show you, you can never have too much depth!

Too bad Valentenko defected and Emelin never came over. They'd have gotten tonnes of playing time.
Valentenko's been property of The Rangers since June. I don't think he'd get a ton of playing time ahead of the players on their revamped 'D'.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:48 PM
  #22
ericd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Latendresse in the stands tonight against Nashville. Chipchura plays.

ericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:50 PM
  #23
Cupmonger
Registered User
 
Cupmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 3,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
good, keep kostitsyn and plekanec together for a few games something's gotta click
Yea I agree, seeing how Pleks is on fire and that AK is visibly trying more than a few games back. It's bound to work, leave these two together for a while so they can rebuild some chemistry.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:07 PM
  #24
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd View Post
Latendresse in the stands tonight against Nashville. Chipchura plays.
Yeah, I'm sure that'll get Lats going. Let's hope Chips isn't too rusty from his own banishment to the press box -- just as he was starting to improve, too.

I hope Martin has a long-term plan for this because the short-term results are less than good.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.