HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs @ Chicago, Nov. 13, 8:30pm EST, SNET-O - (Song title to follow)

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Steveio*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Yeah but i'm not laughing at the fact that those 2 goals were the only good shots he got off... he is not gonna be able to score those type of goals every game. Help is definitely needed
Yea I know but I just think he is actually playing well under the pressure. He is producing a point per game since he has been back and then some. Not to mention he is scoring goals playing with no body equal to his talent.

Old
11-13-2009, 10:22 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
exactly why Wilson should be fired.... somethign has to be done so we are not down 2 every game
LOL

Hopefully the new coach is an amphetamines dealer.

Old
Zardoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
I've never seen more guys get tossed from the circle than tonight. It was ridiculous.
seriously, even Chicago was getting tossed often, but Toronto it seemed like every center on every faceoff was getting the boot...

I can never tell when someone is cheating in the circle anyway. but yeah, at the end of the third, Stajan was getting an earful from the linesman, it was strange, I've never seen them that animated over faceoffs.

Old
Leaf me alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
that puck was in
Yea, three times for the Hawks.

Unfortunately we only scored twice.

Old
trickster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Also they need to let Original Six teams play at least twice a year. NHL scheduling ****ing sucks.

I've never seen more guys get tossed from the circle than tonight. It was ridiculous.
I bet it happens all the time that a ref or linesman thinks - "the whole hockey universe is watching - now I can show how by the book I am..."

They play under the tightest scrutiny in the league for sure... Even with cameras in every building the media, the atmosphere, the entire package of playing in the Big Smoke makes people sit up and take notice and do things they might not do regularly with the same enthusiasm.

Old
Riddarn
1980-2011

Combine Stajans and Grabovskis best qualities and the end result would still be a marginal 2nd line center at best, Burke has to get us a couple of good centers soon. They don't need to be Sundin good, just better than what we have.

Old
11-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Al14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
that puck was in
It sure the HECK WAS!!! Ripped off!!!

Old
11-13-2009, 10:24 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailStefanovich View Post
Mitchell is finally taken off the top line. Kessel is given someone competent at play making like Stajan, and he pots two goals. Thanks Boston! Just about anyone CAN fill in for Savard, no kidding he can't make team Canada, he can't take Kessel with him. Stajan with two assists, Blake with 15 ruined chances.

I bet the Stajan haters are still going to find something to whine about.

You have got to love how the Leafs lost the game because one of their goals was disallowed because the puck wasn't visible in the net since it was sitting behind the post. The league is so moronic. How many games has officiating directly screwed the Leafs into a loss now? I've lost count.
If you're being fair, Kessel created both goals entirely on his own. Stajan did fan on a yawning cage though. Money.

Old
11-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
He got us Gus and Kessel, so yes I would say, and he's not anywhere close to being done with this team.

He never said the Leafs will make the PO's, he said he hopes -- what's wrong with that?
Semantics my friend, you don't spend to the cap and trade away your 1rts, 2nd and 3rd round drafts picks for the next two years and still play the lawyer talk and state i never said in any definitive terms that we would make the POs. OH my.

Old
11-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Cmillz

Quote:
exactly why Wilson should be fired.... somethign has to be done so we are not down 2 every game
Agreed coaches have to held accountable when teams don't show up to play EVER in the first period.

Old
11-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Cmillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailStefanovich View Post
Mitchell is finally taken off the top line. Kessel is given someone competent at play making like Stajan, and he pots two goals. Thanks Boston! Just about anyone CAN fill in for Savard, no kidding he can't make team Canada, he can't take Kessel with him. Stajan with two assists, Blake with 15 ruined chances.

I bet the Stajan haters are still going to find something to whine about.

You have got to love how the Leafs lost the game because one of their goals was disallowed because the puck wasn't visible in the net since it was sitting behind the post. The league is so moronic. How many games has officiating directly screwed the Leafs into a loss now? I've lost count.
Stajan lost the last 3 crucial faceoffs in the game, got caught off side and took a ****in century to get back onside, and then gets knocked on his ass twice while trying to find the puck in his skates. Sorry pal, I don't need to find a reason, Stajan does it on his own I just have to watch. You apparently, don't.

Closed Thread