HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bring up Sanguinetti and sit Rozsival

Old
11-13-2009, 10:26 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
The thing that separates Rozsival from our other defensemen is this: Rozsival has consistently sucked for a few seasons now.

Redden stunk last year but 20 games in and he's been solid.

Staal had a very good year last year but seems to have regressed under Torts. We all know that he's a good d-man. He just needs to get his head on straight.

Girardi has been Girardi. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, always slow.

MDZ and Gilroy get a pass because they're new.

I can't even remember a time when I thought Rozsival played well.
Couldn't agree more. Don't remember the last time any of our defensemen, let alone ROZSIVAL, took a SOLID shot on net and not a ****ing 15 MPH wrister directly into the goalies goochpooch. Can't remember the last time Rosi scored..

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
The thing that separates Rozsival from our other defensemen is this: Rozsival has consistently sucked for a few seasons now.

Redden stunk last year but 20 games in and he's been solid.

Staal had a very good year last year but seems to have regressed under Torts. We all know that he's a good d-man. He just needs to get his head on straight.

Girardi has been Girardi. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, always slow.

MDZ and Gilroy get a pass because they're new.

I can't even remember a time when I thought Rozsival played well.
You must have a short memory, because he was our best defenseman in the playoffs last year.

And the **** about him sucking for yours simply isnt true. He was a horse and very serviceable for a few seasons here. Not saying hes been good by this season by any means, but to act like hes been garbage for years just simply isnt true.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:41 PM
eco's bones

His job description being less than it was might have meant better play but so far not so good. It's more or less what Redden's done--play better with less ice time and less pressure to produce offensively. Neither of them are worth the money they're making. Between the two and Drury if they were making half of what they make now (which is more what they deserve) we'd have $9 mil or so more cap space.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Another thread for posters to take free shots at our teams most Senior member. Joy.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=29289

Guy wasnt given any credit when he was out top dman for 3 years, now its his 5th and he has a smaller role, and hes regressed to the role of whipping boy.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Not to mention 5 years and some of you still cant spell his damn name right.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:52 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Another thread for posters to take free shots at our teams most Senior member. Joy.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=29289

Guy wasnt given any credit when he was out top dman for 3 years, now its his 5th and he has a smaller role, and hes regressed to the role of whipping boy.
There was much discussion here Fitzy before he signed his last contract what he was worth and $4 mil was about the most anyone thought. Personally I was most interested at the time in bringing back Jagr. To me that was priority No. 1. Rozsival at best IMO was $3.5. The reason: he is not a No. 1 even if he had become more or less our go to guy. 35-40 point seasons aren't all that spectacular considering some of the other personnel we had on the ice especially for the pwp--Jagr, Straka, Nylander, Shanahan. There was also chemistry with the other Czechs which when Jagr and Straka left more or less evaporated. I'm not sure Michal is not going to get better again but I have little doubt that his role has changed. The days of being the go to guy are over. He's been bypassed by others--MDZ being one and with Gilroy and Sanguinetti waiting in the wings the salary he makes is a lot for what he's being asked to do. Basically it comes down to Sather again overpaying for a player not only the money but length of term and underestimating the players he has coming up through the pipeline.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 11:59 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...s_is_a_center/

Why didn't Rozsival yell earlier for the puck? I am usually a Rozy defender but nobody can defend his play since signing the big contract. It's not his hip.
he shouldn't have had to say anything at all! shooting the puck up the boards like that on that particular play was purely asinine!

it was a bad decision by henrik....Rozi has played bad for sure but just because he was on the ice for a goal does not make it automatically his fault!

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:07 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You must have a short memory, because he was our best defenseman in the playoffs last year.

And the **** about him sucking for yours simply isnt true. He was a horse and very serviceable for a few seasons here. Not saying hes been good by this season by any means, but to act like hes been garbage for years just simply isnt true.
Redden was much better than him. They played on the same pairing, and Redden's play stood out while Rozsival was solid. He benefited from Redden playing above his ability.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
They don't seem worried about adding a 7th Dman cause they feel Sanguinetti can come up with an injury.

How has Dandenault been?
Eh, Dandenault doesn't make many glaring errors that a young guy might make, but he doesn't impress me that much. He's solid in the AHL, but I don't know how he'd translate to the NHL.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:26 AM
McDonaughGirardi

MDZ is amazing
Redden is great under tortorella
Girardi is unbelievable this year
Staal is by far their worst d man this year and is making girardi look bad
gilroy is overrated
roszinval stinks

bring up bob sanguinetti and that ikka heikenen guy and send down roszinval and staal ... trade gilroy away he makes me sick

McDonaughGirardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:38 AM
SouvenirCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfallone View Post
MDZ is amazing
gilroy is overrated
roszinval stinks

bring up bob sanguinetti and that ikka heikenen guy and send down roszinval and staal ... trade gilroy away he makes me sick

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:24 AM
benneyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
Rozi is no worse than any other Dman we have.
Playing with MDZ is a chore I would not necessarily volunteer for. He is great offensively and totally naive defensively. He is and will make mistakes for few years to come. His defensive partner has to be ready to cover for him. Either you over play and you get burned or you play your normal play and you will look selfish.

Its just what it means to have an 18 year old kid playing Man's game. You gotta take the rough with the smooth.

Rozi is playing with MDZ because (I am guessing) Torts believes Rozi is capable of covering for MDZ's defensive shortcomings. Instead of supporting him we are hissing him...g.d damned what kinda fans are we.

as for Brooks....that guy is a mental midget
I'm sorry, I don't like to be too negative, but this post is just misguided and wrong. Rozy, at this point in his career does NOTHING well. He's painfully slow, has lost all confidence, doesn't hit at all, can't pass and hesitates to shoot. The contract we obviously know all about.

DZ on the other hand has elevated our PP to among the leagues best, along with Gaborik obviously. He's 19. DZ is already the best hipchecker on the team, and one of the most physical dmen we have. Granted, not saying much with this group. He's 19. Of course he's made mistakes, and will continue to do so. He's 19, and will finish in the top 5 in the Calder voting if he stays healthy (oh please!). I think you see my point.

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 08:09 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
He has made some turnovers but this is laughable.

Quote:
The stupidity level of some of our fans never ceases to amaze me. No joke. You really think Heikenen/Sangs will be better defensively in the NHL than Staal or Rozsival? Really?

11-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Rozi's body of work over the past two seasons has been pathetic. He may have been better during the play-offs last season but that's not saying much and it didn't help us beat Wash.

He's never been the same since the surgery and when Slats gave him that contract not knowing how he'd play after the knife I'm sure I wasn't the only one cursing him.

Staal on the other hand is a different story. His play has been awful due to trying for too much... i.e. adding offense to his game. Once he stops pressing he'll be fine. I say take your time... the offense will come Marc. If not, you're still a tremendous D-man.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:40 PM
TheyareGonnaGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
He has made some turnovers but this is laughable.

The stupidity level of some of our fans never ceases to amaze me. No joke. You really think Heikenen/Sangs will be better defensively in the NHL than Staal or Rozsival? Really?
Dude, he spelt his name Roszinval. I don't think he has much idea what's going on.

TheyareGonnaGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:26 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
looks like Torts heard me, Gilroy and Redden on the ice. Didnt fix the PP though.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:27 PM
RangerFan10

Staal got an extra crosscheck in on Ruutu, like that. Don't like that we're missing the net like it's our job.

Old
11-14-2009, 03:29 PM
RangerFan10

What's with Staal missing the puck?????

Old
11-14-2009, 03:30 PM
RangerFan10

cant believe PAP missed the net. What a feed by Higgins. Great job by Higgy on that PP. Glad the Rangers didn't give up on this guy as quick as some of the fans around here.

Old
11-14-2009, 03:51 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyareGonnaGO View Post
Dude, he spelt his name Roszinval. I don't think he has much idea what's going on.
Fair point

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 12:11 AM
RS085*

Theres gotta be a way Rozsival and his $5 million can be utilized into something better.

After this year hes got two years left and a fairly substantial drop in salary the remaining two years. Problem is who wants an underachieving defenseman...

RS085* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 06:34 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMotto View Post
Theres gotta be a way Rozsival and his $5 million can be utilized into something better.

After this year hes got two years left and a fairly substantial drop in salary the remaining two years. Problem is who wants an underachieving defenseman...
Slats' good buddy Maloney, that's who

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 12:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
MDZ is amazing
gilroy is overrated
roszinval stinks

That is one of, if not the, most ridiculous post I have seen this year.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 12:26 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
That is one of, if not the, most ridiculous post I have seen this year.
Oh c´mon, there have got to be some worse ones. But it is pretty special STUPID - I agree

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 03:43 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I don't think that Rozsi was anywhere near as bad last season as people said he was, and I agree with Fitzy that he got almost no credit when he was the best defenceman on the Rangers, but this season, boy he's been exposed.

I don't even think it's his decision-making so much as he looks like he's totally lost his mobility on the ice. He used to be a big body (not a banger), but very mobile, but these days, he looks like he simply can't get his skates going.

I still like Rozsi, but, money aside, the only complaint I would have with giving Bobby S. or even Heikkinen a shot over him is that the Rangers defensive corps would be almost totally offensive d-men. If either of them can play in their own zone as well as Rozsival, then that point is moot.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote