HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Vancouver wants Plekanec/Halak!

Old
11-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Two quick reminders:

1. Like it or not, Eklund is considered a CREDIBLE source here on HF.

2. Eklund is also a registered poster here on HF. So the rules that cover all of us apply to him as well.

So no more derogatory comments about him. No more complaints about him being a credible source.

If you don't like his rumours, stay out the threads that are tagged with his name.

11-14-2009, 10:37 AM
mirushan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
To Vancouver:

Jaroslav Halak + Tomas Plekanec

To Montreal:

Cody Hodgson + 1st round draft pick in 2010
who da hell is this cody guy he sucks why woul we give up halak AND plekanec for this cory guy and a first pic read my trade it better

mirushan10* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:05 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Two quick reminders:

2. Eklund is also a registered poster here on HF. So the rules that cover all of us apply to him as well.

So no more derogatory comments about him. No more complaints about him being a credible source.

If you don't like his rumours, stay out the threads that are tagged with his name.
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here but how come the last 3 threads that I've seen made with his name have all been locked within a relatively short time period by the mods.

tbh I was expecting consistency. However you should at least agree that this doesn't deserve its own thread and can go with the rest of the ridiculous trade proposals thread.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:07 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Two quick reminders:

It is just so hard lol. How the hell does one become a credible source anyways?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Habs

Rumor is, Hodson's back could be of the 'career ending' type.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Does it bother anyone else that we're allowed to have 234,326 Eklund threads but almost every other topic gets merged into the Out of Town thread?

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:24 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Wasn't Hodgson Supertramps lead singer ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcat1 View Post
While I have no real problems with that, it essentially says that the Canadiens are trashing this season before the end of November.

I'll modify the 'To Montreal' part of the trade to say:

Cody Hodgson + Michael Grabner + 1st round pick in 2010

Wow, you must be kidding?

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:29 AM
WestIslander

Quote:
who da hell is this cody guy he sucks why woul we give up halak AND plekanec for this cory guy and a first pic read my trade it better
You do not know your hockey if you don't know!

He was the CHL player of the year last season and is one of the top prospects in the Vancouver organization right now, actually first on the list and followed by Schneider.

Here are some links to educate you:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/cody_hodgson

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=96546

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:29 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 716Sabres View Post
Wow, you must be kidding?
Thank for calling, please stay on the line for the next available agent.
Please remember your call is important to us.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here but how come the last 3 threads that I've seen made with his name have all been locked within a relatively short time period by the mods.

tbh I was expecting consistency. However you should at least agree that this doesn't deserve its own thread and can go with the rest of the ridiculous trade proposals thread.
Fair question, the short answer is they shouldn't have been locked. Unless the mod that did it felt that the thread was out of control.

I proposed in the past to have an all "Eklund" thread, which would contain nothing but his rumours. This idea was shot down by a large group of posters who felt the thread would become too messy from all the merging.

So because of this, Eklund's rumours are treated the same way as any other credible source. They are allowed to have their own thread, which makes it easier for posters who dislike Eklund to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
It is hard, I agree some of his rumours are...hmmm...out there. But to be fair, Eklund says he is only reporting what he's heard. My advice is to read it and think of it as entertainment, or don't read it at all.

The rule we usually go by is that a credible source would be any large reputable news source. TSN/RDS are two of the obvious ones. As well as reputable newspapers and bloggers who have been approved by the Admins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Does it bother anyone else that we're allowed to have 234,326 Eklund threads but almost every other topic gets merged into the Out of Town thread?
It shouldn't as the only threads that should be merged into the Out of Town thread are ones that are Non-Habs related. While Eklund threads posted here contain rumours involving Habs players.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Lizard King*

Plekanec whos leading our team in points and Halak who should be our number 1 goalie right now. Just when I thought Eklund couldn't get any more worse

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I disagree completely.

I don't see how a prospect without a game played in the NHL is worth more then Plekanec, Halak and a pick. Ceilings aside, Plekanec is a solid 1b/2a center and same for Halak in nets.
The power of HFBoards.com

Potential, potential... there's a lot of hype surrounding Hodgson, too much for my liking...

But, this package might effectively fetch something interesting, in return and at the position we'd pick in the 1st round, come draft day...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:10 PM
danyhabsfan

I would want Edler if we give Plekanec and Halak

maybe someone like Welwood to replace him for this year and Raycroft to be 2nd goaltender

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Bitterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
That's easy. Just get some of the current/ex HF Mods and Staff to write for your Blog Bam! Instant credibility and your very own Tag to pump hits for your site.

Bitterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:05 PM
macavoy

Quote:
I proposed in the past to have an all "Eklund" thread, which would contain nothing but his rumours. This idea was shot down by a large group of posters who felt the thread would become too messy from all the merging.
I think this would be the best. They wouldn't be any messier than the other big threads.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Yea an all Eck only thread would be nice. I would finally keep those threads on ignore, they mostly don't make sens.

Dooooooo iiiiit!
please

Cupmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post
For the love of god, can you guys please stop posting this crap?
I don't mind ppl posting eklund stuff, just don't post the link, only the article and we will be fine.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 11-14-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

If a deal would be made who would Gainey go after,I'm thinking Kesler and prospect/picks? Who knows,anyways doubt much comes from this and I would like Pleks to stay longterm

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:35 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Big time.

Quote:

It is hard, I agree some of his rumours are...hmmm...out there. But to be fair, Eklund says he is only reporting what he's heard. My advice is to read it and think of it as entertainment, or don't read it at all.

The rule we usually go by is that a credible source would be any large reputable news source. TSN/RDS are two of the obvious ones. As well as reputable newspapers and bloggers who have been approved by the Admins.
How does a guy that hides his true identity, and posts so many rumors, of which most don't make any sense and therefore seem as if he's pulling them out of his ass seemingly for personal gain (hits), get considered a credible source?

He's not credible to me, and is probably not credible to anyone else here, so why is he considered a credible source???

Everyone knows that VERY few trades, if any, take place during first 2/3 of the season. The fact that Eklund finds a way to post a new rumor even just once a week it totally ludicrous. Either he's totally making stuff up, or he's embellishing things that his sources told him, which should automatically make him non-credible.

GM: man this Plekanec guy is on fire this season, I'd like to have a player like him on my team.

EK: really?

GM: yeah

Headline on hockeybuzz: "GM looking looking to trade such and such for Plekanec".

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Frankenheimer

No one here would ignore Eklund threads because everyone enjoys contemplating rumours, however far-fetched. A rumour that turns into an actual trade is no more credible than one that doesn't. The credibility lies strictly in the accuracy of the reporting of a discussion being had, and on the level of involvement and credibility of the source.

Moreover, from what I noticed, Eklund rumours (as any trade proposal) are used by posters as a means of asserting a superiority of knowledge or understanding of the game, which many on this board have a hard time passing up, even as they denigrate the entire discussion. It's a mark of stature to denigrate Eklund (or most forms of media on this board), so it will continue to happen. A lot of posts on this board can be summarized as: knowledge of anonymous hf board poster >>> knowledge of journalists, coaches, eklund, etc., so I expect this trend to continue no matter what happens.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I think this would be the best. They wouldn't be any messier than the other big threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Yea an all Eck only thread would be nice. I would finally keep those threads on ignore, they mostly don't make sens.

Dooooooo iiiiit!
please

I don't have a problem with having one giant Eklund thread. Like I mentioned before though, when it was brought up. The majority of the posters were against it and wanted his threads kept separate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
How does a guy that hides his true identity, and posts so many rumors, of which most don't make any sense and therefore seem as if he's pulling them out of his ass seemingly for personal gain (hits), get considered a credible source?
Good question, but unfortunately not one that I myself can answer. Only an Administrator would be able to give you a true answer.

You can send them an e-mail at the e-mail address I've listed below.

complaints@hfboards.com

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Rumor is, Hodson's back could be of the 'career ending' type.
yeah, they found nerve damage, and hes only 19, bad bad news

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
I'm expecting Plekanec and Halak moved on spring trade deadlines, if were out of playoffs position, but not now. Especially if Plekanec isnt given contract extension before then.

Even then we would need a goalie back for Halak.
I don't think so. We could get by with Sanford backing up Price, but as mentioned, why would Vancouver want Halak?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
yeah, they found nerve damage, and hes only 19, bad bad news
Wow, didn't know that. This kid is something special, it would be a shame if he could'nt play in the NHL because of this.

Boulette Cannon is online now   Reply With Quote