HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

operation find linemates for kessel

Old
11-13-2009, 09:44 PM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Check that, another goal for Kessel, 4 goals, 2 assists for 6 points in not quite 5 games.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Northern Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILNATION View Post
I definitely don't watch the leafs
Glad to see it doesn't prevent you from having some very opinionated views. It is quite obvious where you are coming from. No need to obviously display your ignorance for the world to see or do you quite like looking like an idiot ??

Northern Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 10:47 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensel View Post
I was thinking that Burke will land Kovalchuck some point this season. Maybe a deal like this:

To Atlanta:
Hagman
Kaberle
Toskala

To Toronto:
Kovalchuck

This gives Toronto the sniper to play alongside Kessel, gets rid of a brutal goalie they dont need and they dont gain to much cap getting rid of Kaberle. Atlanta gets a star d-man to play with players like Enstrom and Bogosian, a player similar to the style of play of Kovalchuck in Hagman and A goalie that can replace Lehtonen since he will probably be shopped.

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:27 AM
bones21212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensel View Post
I was thinking that Burke will land Kovalchuck some point this season. Maybe a deal like this:

To Atlanta:
Hagman
Kaberle
Toskala

To Toronto:
Kovalchuck

Toronto gets rid of a brutal goalie they dont need Atlanta gets A goalie that can replace Lehtonen since he will probably be shopped.
edited.

do you see why this deal wont work?

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:10 AM
OILNATION*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
Glad to see it doesn't prevent you from having some very opinionated views. It is quite obvious where you are coming from. No need to obviously display your ignorance for the world to see or do you quite like looking like an idiot ??
I don't understand?... But ok maybe my views are a little off, I just hate watching Toronto, so i must go off of what other say. Anyways I'm sure Komi isn't as bad as I think he is, I mean I watched him with montreal and he was great, but I still think Schenn is struggling and it'd be smarter for you guys to trade him when he actually has value, which he eventually will, but by then you wont want to trade him.

OILNATION* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Poggemon Destiny*

Quote:
I don't understand?... But ok maybe my views are a little off, I just hate watching Toronto, so i must go off of what other say. Anyways I'm sure Komi isn't as bad as I think he is, I mean I watched him with montreal and he was great, but I still think Schenn is struggling and it'd be smarter for you guys to trade him when he actually has value, which he eventually will, but by then you wont want to trade him.
Yes Schenn is struggling after playing great as an 18 yr old, lets trade him...heck while we're at it lets trade Ovie since he is injured and still has some value..lets trade Crosby because he's struggling..that's exatcly what you do with young players/prospects..ship em out...and sice Penner is having a good season so far after playing like a 14 yr girl last season, lets tear down that staute of Gretzky outside of rexall and put up a Penner statue..and make it 10 times bigger...

Yes, your views are way off.

Poggemon Destiny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:40 AM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Hey genius a set up man for Kessel wouldn't need to be a goal scorer a passer is what you'd want. But I guess that concept is over your head. I wouldn't have a problem with a player having 82 assists and no goals in a season. 82 points is wait for it 82 points. But then you add in the oh so clever first round pick jab. Kind of works twice. Good for you champ. Maybe next year you can be as creative as a fifth grader and come up with even funnier jokes/jabs.
Nope this one's pretty spot on.

Thanks though

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:45 AM
The Puck

Ott-Kadri-Kessel

The Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Northern Dancer

Quote:
And I don't understand how you can have such firm views on the Leafs when you openly say you don't watch them. You base your views on what 'others' say, I hope you are not of voting age.

I don't care if your views are way off, I am only puzzled by how you form them. Basing them off what 'others' say, indicate you cherry pick your sources to fit your pre-conceived uninformed views.

Northern Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Killericon

Go ahead and mock me mercilessly, I deserve it, but what the hell. I thought this would be fun.

Kaberle for Staal and a 2nd.

Grabovski, Stajan, and Tlusty for Hemsky.

Kessel-Staal-Hemsky

Flame away!(NHL 10 is a really fun game)

Last edited by Killericon: 11-14-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:24 AM
bobermay

We already have a future linemate in Stalberg... and hopefully a centerman in Marleau or Savard this offseason.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:44 AM
TOCap1

Originally Posted by Hensel

To Atlanta:
Hagman
Kaberle
Toskala

To Toronto:
Kovalchuck

This gives Toronto the sniper to play alongside Kessel, gets rid of a brutal goalie they dont need and they dont gain to much cap getting rid of Kaberle. Atlanta gets a star d-man to play with players like Enstrom and Bogosian, a player similar to the style of play of Kovalchuck in Hagman and A goalie that can replace Lehtonen since he will probably be shopped.

there is no way Atlanta makes this trade cause they would have 4 cabable goalies to play when Leightonen comes back

TOCap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavsson View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Please. If you want Kaberle, start with a 1st, a great prospect, and an average roster player (like Clowe).

Worst Kaberle trade proposal I've ever seen on HF. I'm really surprised this went unnoticed!
Please...you can bet your bottom dollar that Tomas Kaberle is not going to garner a top six roster player, a great prospect, and a 1st. If you want to start this overpricing crap with Kaberle, there are other defensemen potentially available this year like Dan Hamhuis, Zbynek Michalek, Kim Johnsson, and a couple others that will do the job the Sharks would be asking from Kaberle. Cut the dramatics and be rational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie11god View Post
You can't just put ur overpriced crap in a package along with a decent prospect and expect to get kaberle. Huskins pretty much has no value and clowe is overpaid and struggling right now. You'll have to give up more to get kaberle, like pavelski or something.
First off, the Sharks wouldn't trade Pavelski straight up for Kaberle even without the cap so you can just drop throwing him in with Clowe and Huskins.

Ryane Clowe isn't struggling right now as he is putting points on the board. 8 points in 7 games is not a bad trend in the slightest. Besides, the OP wanted a power forward on the left side and one guy that could get him to play that style consistently would be Ron Wilson. I agree that Huskins has no value to the Leafs and would waive him upon receiving him but the Sharks would need to move the money to take on Kaberle and unless you wanted Douglas Murray instead at 2.5, you'd be better off with Huskins because his contract is shorter.

I have no problems hearing rational, thought-out proposals for Kaberle from the other side but nobody's stepped up to provide one so I assume that nobody's really interested from the other side. I'm not too worried anyway because the Sharks just need a top four that can eat 20 minutes plus a night and while Kaberle can do that, so can many others that probably won't cost as much in reality...and especially not what some fans are asking for him, which is quite ridiculous in a few cases.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote