HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Vancouver wants Plekanec/Halak!

Old
11-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
1) Why do they want Halak? Raycroft was pretty good while Luongo was out, and can be a decent back up when Luongo needs a break for a game or two.

2) Why would we trade Plekanec? He's been one of, if not, the best player for the Canadiens so far this year. I wouldn't want to trade him yet. However, if Gainey senses that Plekanec won't want to resign, or if his value his so high that we won't be able to afford him by the deadline, then maybe we should trade him (if we're not in playoff contention by the deadline).

Right now, I don't believe it, for the reasons I just stated.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Pascal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
It shouldn't as the only threads that should be merged into the Out of Town thread are ones that are Non-Habs related. While Eklund threads posted here contain rumours involving Habs players.
rumors? More like "made up bs". It's not a rumor if it's based on absolutely nothing except whatever will get him the most hits to his site.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
rumors? More like "made up bs". It's not a rumor if it's based on absolutely nothing except whatever will get him the most hits to his site.
Personally, I don't know where he gets his information. It could be his dog, it could be a players agent, it could be from reading posts here on HF.

All I know is I would switch places with him in a heart beat, as he seems to be doing pretty well with his website.

11-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Personally, I don't know where he gets his information. It could be his dog, it could be a players agent, it could be from reading posts here on HF.

All I know is I would switch places with him in a heart beat, as he seems to be doing pretty well with his website.
i bet he does since hf allows him to be a reliable source for god know$ why. You should be more like Tricolore, who now locks eklund threads.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:23 PM
bentheprop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 8 View Post
1) Why do they want Halak? Raycroft was pretty good while Luongo was out, and can be a decent back up when Luongo needs a break for a game or two.

2) Why would we trade Plekanec? He's been one of, if not, the best player for the Canadiens so far this year. I wouldn't want to trade him yet. However, if Gainey senses that Plekanec won't want to resign, or if his value his so high that we won't be able to afford him by the deadline, then maybe we should trade him (if we're not in playoff contention by the deadline).

Right now, I don't believe it, for the reasons I just stated.
That's the wrong question. The initial rumor is, as the title states, that the Canucks want Pleks and Halak. We have no idea what Gainey may have been asking about. In my opinion this whole rumor is probably based on an inquiry Gainey may have made trying to fill a hole. If those are the players that the Canucks threw out for compensation then it had better be a damn good one.

Most of the posters criticizing the rumor because it's Pleks and Halak are looking at it wrong. A lot of the comments are being made that it must be false if because Bob wouldn't trade one of our top scorers right now when in fact the rumor is entirely one sided from Vancouver's point of view. There is no mention that Bob offered those players and therefore no reason to declare it false on that basis.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Kirk Muller

I can see the Canucks wanting Plekanec but wanting Halak is absolutely ridiculous.

Raycroft is playing well in his back up role outside of a crap effort from him and the team in St. Louis. They also have an outstanding young goalie in Schneider waiting in the wings.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Craig71

Question.....Why does everyone on this board want to make a trade every week? For God sake we just saw most of our old players go in the off-season, now we should trade all the new guys as well!!!!

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:22 PM
icerocket

Quote:
i bet he does since hf allows him to be a reliable source for god know$ why. You should be more like Tricolore, who now locks eklund threads.
Ye$, apparently credibility i$ not too expen$ive.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Erika

Why in the world you people keep going and reading his website ?! It's because of people like you that he will always has hits for his pathetic website !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Instead of wasting your time,don't open any THREAD THAT SAY EKLUND RUMOR

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 05:17 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Not happening. Halak will not stand to be another back up for a star goalie. not happening.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post
Why in the world you people keep going and reading his website ?! It's because of people like you that he will always has hits for his pathetic website !!

Actually, that's what I was thinking to myself as I was reading this all.

Seriously, if people hate the crap that he puts up and don't believe any of the BS he's writing, why the hell are you going to his website? You provide him the traffic he wants but doesn't deserve, and in doing that, you make him a very happy man and are basically telling him "Good job Ek, keep up the great work".

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 05:50 PM
paddy

that sums it up well enough.

paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 08:02 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
The only Top 2 D I can think of is Bieksa.

So we get Bieksa for Pleks and Halak?

So essentially we are swapping our #1 point producer atm, and our solid starter (Whom needs a #1 spot to continue his career), for a #2 D in Bieksa?

Sounds like a very lopsided move, lateral even, we gain nothing from this.

IMO the habs are desperate for a top line forward with either size or impact ability. Thats what we need, thats what we've always needed and until we get a high draft pick or impact player to compliment cammalleri, thats what we will continue to need.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:51 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Trunitsyn View Post

I agree with Erika.

Lolz something ain't right

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:01 AM
dutchy29

great lets trade 2 of only maybe 5 players that are having good seasons for the habs this year. I don't think so.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Chef Kovalev

latendresse for daniel sedin + 1st round pick
e5 almost confirmed
they saw latendresses hockey gloves in vancouver yesterday!!

Chef Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote