HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#16: Sabres at Flyers - November 14, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-14-2009, 03:01 PM
ToTheNet

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
I'd rather them call up a scrub than play Cote but don't take my word for it
I'd take any phantom forward or defensemen, even dressing a goalie as a skater than have Cote play.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Kaktus*

This flu is no joke. I had it this week. Feaver 101 fahrenheit was normal. So I know what JVR is going through.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Centauris*

I think you guys are underestimating Cote this season, he has been working hard and look for him to net one tonight. ;-)

give him a break

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:07 PM
ToTheNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauris View Post
I think you guys are underestimating Cote this season, he has been working hard and look for him to net one tonight. ;-)

give him a break
the guy is THE worst NHL player in the entire league.

Old
11-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
the guy is THE worst NHL player in the entire league.
That's way, way too exaggerated.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

I agree he's not the worst, but come on. He's got 1 career NHL goal in 144 games, and he doesn't exactly pound his opponents into submission when he fights, either. His ice time is always very low for a reason.

Again, here's hoping he makes me eat my words.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
I agree he's not the worst, but come on. He's got 1 career NHL goal in 144 games, and he doesn't exactly pound his opponents into submission when he fights, either. His ice time is always very low for a reason.

Again, here's hoping he makes me eat my words.
I never said he was a great player at his role. I just said that it's ridiculous to call him the worst player in the league, which it is.

Old
11-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I never said he was a great player at his role. I just said that it's ridiculous to call him the worst player in the league, which it is.
I don't follow every team religiously as I do the Flyers, but I do watch a pantload of hockey. I honestly can't think of anybody worse off the top of my head. What's worse, is that he dresses for a specific purpose/role, and he doesn't even do that well.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Centauris*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
I don't follow every team religiously as I do the Flyers, but I do watch a pantload of hockey. I honestly can't think of anybody worse off the top of my head. What's worse, is that he dresses for a specific purpose/role, and he doesn't even do that well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnNwWPRH4G8

tell me he doesn't do it well.

Old
11-14-2009, 03:27 PM
ChrisM

Send a message via MSN to ChrisM
Why not Laliberte over Cote?..

ANYWAYS GO FLYERS!

ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:28 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
When did JVR get the flu? If it was today they may not have had enough time to call someone up.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
He isn't the worst in the league by a stretch but he'll almost always get abused by the best that the league has to offer. What annoys me is that he seems to have regressed as a hockey player. I thought that once he'd be able to develop into a player that could be on the ice for 8 or 9 minutes without embarrassing himself.

So, what we have now, is Cote replacing a very productive forward that was getting some quality ice time and he hasn't shown the ability to be out on the ice for more than 5 minutes. I'd rather have ****ing Bartulis play a forward position.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:

He doesn't do it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
He isn't the worst in the league by a stretch but he'll almost always get abused by the best that the league has to offer. What annoys me is that he seems to have regressed as a hockey player. I thought that once he'd be able to develop into a player that could be on the ice for 8 or 9 minutes without embarrassing himself.
Quickly off the top of my head, I can't think of anybody worse. I'm sure they exist, but they don't jump at me. Here nor there, we have Cote and he's going to see some games. For what he gets paid, I can live with it. Agreed, 8-9 minutes is 5 more minutes than I'm comfortable with.

Quote:
So, what we have now, is Cote replacing a very productive forward that was getting some quality ice time and he hasn't shown the ability to be out on the ice for more than 5 minutes. I'd rather have ****ing Bartulis play a forward position.
I'd rather dress Boucher as a forward.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:32 PM
ToTheNet

Name 5 players in the NHL worse than Cote with over 100 games . . . I dare you.

I bet you are going to have a hard enough time picking 1.

Old
11-14-2009, 03:36 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
When did JVR get the flu? If it was today they may not have had enough time to call someone up.
Philly.com, Tim P and Bill Meltzer (2:30 PM on HockeyBuzz) have posted articles today and none mention JVR with the flu. NHL.com does, in that article.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:

A) That is one fight. Go to hockeyfights and bring up his stats.

B) He gets abused far too often. I mean, seriously, last season he won, what, 6 or 7 out of 22 fights?

C) Laraque can actually play some hockey. He actually can play himself onto playoff rosters and contribute defensively.

Old
11-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Quickly off the top of my head, I can't think of anybody worse. I'm sure they exist, but they don't jump at me. Here nor there, we have Cote and he's going to see some games. For what he gets paid, I can live with it. Agreed, 8-9 minutes is 5 more minutes than I'm comfortable with.
Hmm, now that I look at his fightcards... he is definitely bottom 20 percent.

Old
11-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Snevik

something tells me we are playing emery right into a nagging groin injury. tonight, devils, kings, sharks? boucher can't see ice in these games, apparently, which means emery will have played every other night from nov 6-nov 21. that terrifies me.

here's why cote should not be playing: he's worked tirelessly, in conditioning and training, to improve his game. and he's still this bad--he may have already maxed out his hockey ability. why put him on the ice if he's a known/awful quantity, with no upside, who will lose fights against heavyweights? we have plenty of people on this team that'll get beat up to defend their teammates...

Snevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 03:49 PM
ToTheNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snevik View Post
something tells me we are playing emery right into a nagging groin injury. tonight, devils, kings, sharks? boucher can't see ice in these games, apparently, which means emery will have played every other night from nov 6-nov 21. that terrifies me.
yeah, but you need to see how the other teams have used their starters. Devils might throw their back-up against the flyers . . . sharks will prolly throw griess against the flyers again as well. Bouch will play in 1 of the next 4.

Old
11-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Name 5 players in the NHL worse than Cote with over 100 games . . . I dare you.

I bet you are going to have a hard enough time picking 1.
No one needs to say five because the topic at hand is people saying that he's the worst player in the NHL which means that only one player worse then him needs to be brought up.

Off the top of my head, Peters and Hollweg (although I think the latter hasn't been getting ice-time this year, I'm not sure though).

Old
11-14-2009, 04:01 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Hollweg hasn't been getting ice time because he's not in the league.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Snevik

Quote:
yeah, but you need to see how the other teams have used their starters. Devils might throw their back-up against the flyers . . . sharks will prolly throw griess against the flyers again as well. Bouch will play in 1 of the next 4.
did we wait for ruff to say miller was starting? (that's an actual question, not part of my argument.)

stevens won't throw boucher against his former team again after it worked out so pitifully last time. even if the devils throw their backup, they've proved pretty capably last year that they don't need brodeur in net, and we need to net points against the only team in our conference that has been more productive, ppg, than us this year. maybe throw him against the kings? kopitar would be thankful...

i like boucher as a backup, and i'm all for more even playing time, but we can't have him piss away any chance for points against that level of opponent. he should have been played before now; now they have no choice but to ride emery's legs until they give out.

edit: flyers on the fly confirms cote will be in the lineup, JVR a flu casualty.

Last edited by Snevik: 11-14-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Snevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Centauris*

Parent back. He could be paired with Bartulis over Syvret.

Old
11-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Teezax

Cote needs not be more than a mascot for this team, it saddens me that JvR is out, 11-4-1 will look better than 10-5-1, c'mon boys!

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:17 PM
ToTheNet

Peters is a much better enforcer than Cote and takes just as many dumb penalties. He also has 4 goals compared to Cotes 1. They do have the same amount of points and Cote has played less games, which a bette +/- (-14 compared to -5). It is a close call, but I still need to give the edge to Peters since he doesn't lose every fight he is in.