HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Don't you buy no ugly truck" OR "The Canes are playing and it's Friday 13th? Yay!"

Old
11-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Anton Bubdobin
I hates summer

vCash: 500
So close to a win on my first GDT ever ...

Although, if we keep getting a point each game and miss out on a top pick, I don't want DaveG hunting me down.

Anton Bubdobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:24 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Well, if we get 87 more points I'd perfectly be fine with it.

Once 95 points (no team has ever missed the playoffs with 95 IIRC) is no longer in reach then I want the big guns brought out in the fight for Hall.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodGundy View Post
Something is still missing though. For the last decade we would have had to lose in the first round every year to the Habs.
Hey, one of those was in the 2nd round. Being a Whalers fan throughout my childhood its a miracle I didn't stop watching hockey all together. I guess being a Red Sox fan through that time period also helped me understand that losing is inevitable.

Joe McGrath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:18 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
Hey, one of those was in the 2nd round. Being a Whalers fan throughout my childhood its a miracle I didn't stop watching hockey all together. I guess being a Red Sox fan through that time period also helped me understand that losing is inevitable.
Ah but being a Sox fan, we also know that winning, when we do finally get there, is something to absolutely cherish.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Ah but being a Sox fan, we also know that winning, when we do finally get there, is something to absolutely cherish.
Much like the Canes in 2006. I had a few good years.

Joe McGrath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 06:03 PM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
once Staal is back just shift Brindy down and you have a pretty good 4th line you can put out there for 10+ a night without any problems.
For better or worse, Maurice doesn't put his 4th line out for 10+ a night. And with Brind'Amour and LaRose on it, that seems like a good thing.

One thing that's great about the emergence of Sutter is the fact that now it *has* to be undeniable to the coaching staff that Brind'Amour is the 4th line center. Yeah...getting Sutter some experience playing on the wing...blah blah blah. He is now a top-9 center on this team, and it will be disappointing if they attempt to move him away from that role when Staal returns. If you're going to do that to someone, do it to Brind'Amour.

I really like your lines that include Boychuk, and when Staal returns, this is about what I'm liking:

Whitney-Staal-Cole
Boychuk-Sutter-Ruutu
Samsonov-Cullen-Jokinen
Kstop-Brind'Amour-Walker

Press box/injury: Yelle, LaRose, Conboy

You could switch Whitney and Boychuk and Samsonov depending on line chemistry and defensive matchup concerns...they all do about the same thing.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
For better or worse, Maurice doesn't put his 4th line out for 10+ a night. And with Brind'Amour and LaRose on it, that seems like a good thing.

One thing that's great about the emergence of Sutter is the fact that now it *has* to be undeniable to the coaching staff that Brind'Amour is the 4th line center. Yeah...getting Sutter some experience playing on the wing...blah blah blah. He is now a top-9 center on this team, and it will be disappointing if they attempt to move him away from that role when Staal returns. If you're going to do that to someone, do it to Brind'Amour.

I really like your lines that include Boychuk, and when Staal returns, this is about what I'm liking:

Whitney-Staal-Cole
Boychuk-Sutter-Ruutu
Samsonov-Cullen-Jokinen
Kstop-Brind'Amour-Walker

Press box/injury: Yelle, LaRose, Conboy

You could switch Whitney and Boychuk and Samsonov depending on line chemistry and defensive matchup concerns...they all do about the same thing.
I think Yelle is a better player than Brindy right now... Brindy is SO slow now, he is actually nearly useless... He doesn't even seem to win face offs like he used to, although I haven't looked at his stats all year... Just going off what it seems

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

I just don't get why this team is so fragile, and they were before the injuries. Bad breaks, bad goals and they're done for. Critical errors at the most crucial time. A lot of this has got to be mental.

I wish I could get more excited about the fact that we according to Mo played very hard and that made us somewhat competitive with...the Islanders.

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote