HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price does everything but score (2-0 NAS)

Old
11-14-2009, 09:53 PM
habdynasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
So who wants to argue with me now that Gainey has done a terrible job and this team isn't going anywhere ...

Oh wait ..let's be patient ..it's only been 20 games ...
you are not getting it ... this is his plan to pick first overall in the summer

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
not acceptable. I'm finally on the "bring up sergei" bandwagon.
No. Keep SK far away from Martin, the last thing we need is another young player crashing into the ground so hard he leaves a crater the size of Connecticut.

Send MaxPac down instead. I think Boucher will do a better job of teaching him than JM.

They're not saving this cursed mess of a year anyway. About the only good things that can come of this is gel the team, implement the system, get the kids going if JM is actually capable, figure out if JM actually CAN get this team going, pick up a very nice draft pick, and get ready to start next year in force.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Barry Trotz was asked postgame for his thoughts on his teams play. Despite the win, he wasn't happy as this picture shows, he felt that his team should have finished their chances better.
Got a good laugh out of this. Thx man

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:54 PM
kovaless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs88 View Post
Price should start, he's been playing amazing.
I'm joking, Price should start, he was fantastic tonight. Rest of the team licked hairy goat balls tonight

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He's not what will make you games like this, especially if you're going to give him eight minutes on the 4th line.

He is the poster boy for what's ailing the team though. Fine last year, had his moments earlier in the game, in complete regression now.
Not saying he's to blame for this pathetic night -- he's just a non-factor, as in pretty much every game.

Just saying that Lats should have responded better since he wasn't supposed to play. (He did start on the 4th line but then was back with Lapierre, if I'm not mistaken.)

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:55 PM
McNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
euh No
euh yes.

Gomez is better than Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev. Gionta is better than Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev. Cammalleri is better than Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev. Plekanec is better than last year. Metropolit produces about as much points as Lang.

But nice argument, you almost convinced me.

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Cole

this team lack leadership and its clearly showing in a game like this...it will be quite interesting to see how the team bounces back.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Excellent ..thats' what I wanted all along ..I want to TANK and rebuild with exciting young players

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Not only is the team playing worse, but a lot of the players that were playing well, from the first line on down to perennial whipping dogs like Lats, seems to be going the wrong way. Plekanec seems to be the only one who is immune.

This is not a good trend. It really makes you worry -- is it a coaching issue? A morale issue?

It's not talent -- we know all these guys are capable of being better.
It's having your only legit top 6 player being 4 small midgets. You can't expect these guys to keep giving more and more. There will be many nights like this. It's a patchwork that was assembled at the very last minute in one summer and it's all it is. Things like that will happen.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:56 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuts View Post
What evidence?
Hmm, ever see a bunch of passionate, love-to-hate-the-team, think-they-are-knowledgeable-but-aren't, wholeheartedly-agree-to-braindead-media, boo-their-own-players, care-about-player-hometown-more-than-play bunch of sorry excuses for fans? I'm generalizing, they're not all that bad, but enough of them are to make the Habs hands down the worst fanbase in the league.

At least they keep the league afloat, so I guess they're not all bad.

Old
11-14-2009, 09:56 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
..I want to TANK and rebuild with exciting young players
I doubt we will need to tank to get a top 5 pick next summer.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:57 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
It's having your only legit top 6 player being 4 small midgets.
AK and GL are both legit top six players, or would be if JM could get them going, and neither of them are small.

Besides, size is not the issue here. That's a bad cliche being trotted out because finding a real explanation is too hard.

Old
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You may be on to something there.

That was probably Rinne's easiest shutout ever.

The penalty on AK46 was a joke with everything else they let slide.
If you are talking about the "hold" I'd have to say I agree. I really dislike it when marginal calls are made in the midst of numerous marginal non-calls.

4 minutes total on NSH.

NSH media picked Sullivan and Rinne 1st and 2nd stars. Price rated a 3rd star with over 2.5 times more saves than Rinne. No respect! as Rodney used to say

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
i thought i heard we acquired a number 1 center this summer?

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le CH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Gainey better make a trade soon, or he better be fired!
Noooo.... don't do it Bob!!! This team is not going to the show this year or next regardless so what's the point? Let them suck this year - this is supposed to be a deep draft year so a top 5-10 pick will definitely serve this team well in the next few years. Whats the point of making the playoffs with no chance of winning the cup?

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Traitor8

Quote:
euh yes.

Gomez is better than Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev. Gionta is better than Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev. Cammalleri is better than Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev. Plekanec is better than last year. Metropolit produces about as much points as Lang.

But nice argument, you almost convinced me.
What are you talking about ...we scored so much more goals under Carbonneau. We actually had a 2nd line.

Latendresse and Lapierre were MUCH BETTER than last year. Metropilit isn't doing more than Lang did last year. Lang was a monster .

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
Not saying he's to blame for this pathetic night -- he's just a non-factor, as in pretty much every game.

Just saying that Lats should have responded better since he wasn't supposed to play. (He did start on the 4th line but then was back with Lapierre, if I'm not mistaken.)
Lats had a decent 3rd period at least when used with A. Kost. Maybe that's a solution, put the 2 struggling players together on the same line.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Excellent ..thats' what I wanted all along ..I want to TANK and rebuild with exciting young players
Yeah i know, those Gomez's and Gionta's and Cammalleri's are getting old !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BadHabit

Quote:
No, the problem is no Markov + Bergeron. Up front, we're better than last year.
Yeeeah.... Markov comes back and all of a sudden we're a playoff contender? What are you smokin? Maybe on paper we're better up front, but in reality there is no way we are better. We're 20 games in people... 20 games.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Istvan

After 20 games it is apparent that the Habs are soft, easy to play against, boring and Markov isn't going to be able to turn this mess around. Long season ahead but a pretty good draft pick waiting.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

You cant blame this one on injuries, the team was just bad. This might be the easiest game barry trotz has ever won.

In a game where you can call out many players, I'd like to pick one just one because this guy has been bothering me for a while. I've noticed that scott gomez is distancing himself further and further from the net as his production decreases. He needs to get in the dirty areas more, and become a larger factor in the game.

As far as I'm concerned, plekanec has been a much better centre for this team and as happy as I am that plekanec is doing well, the team still requires gomez to be better than him.

The only thing that had me watching the entire game was carey price's performance. That's 3 stellar road outings in a row for him.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
Just saying that Lats should have responded better since he wasn't supposed to play.
Maybe. It wouldn't surprise me to learn he is demoralized and feels he can't please his coach no matter what he does, however. I wonder if a lot of the kids aren't in the same boat, too. They certainly aren't doing well.

Old
11-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
i agree
we all know that if its not us, it'll be boston (because of toronto's situation)
and we dont want boston to have the first draft pick
so we dont have a choice but to do anything possible to be sure to get it

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FuriousBob

Our D looks bad but it's not that bad. You could put a top 6 composed of lidstrom-rafalski-chara-Markov-Boyle-kaberle but if the 3 forward are just waiting for a perfect pass on the blue line, they won't be better. The problem is really our forwards. Its seems that they don't understand the system of JM because they don't know where to go to receive a pass in our zone. If we can improve that aspect of our play it would help our D and our Offense. Hope JM works on that.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Yeah, I know its ****ing pathetic.
so...when price plays well in mtl, we don't support him? I've never seen Price is wrong signs.

When Price plays well, we elevate him to demi-god status, i dunno what this bs about mtl fans not appreciating him is. gross generalization. I'm sick of the whole mtl fans are this and that and don't support their team, etc. very unfair analysis. When the team is on, I defy any other fanbase to be more rabidly supportive. Also, I've backed Price up all season. Halak too. It's really just like 10% of people who are reacting emotionally to losing.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote