I believe it would be a two way still. He deserves a shot in NHL as well which is another reason why I left Brown off. Since Brown is so young, I would think that as a "fringe" player they would let the older guys go up first. last year having Brown is LA in my opinion was a mistake. He got a taste of the NHL but other than that he didnt really accomplish anything other ice time, spraining his ankle, and being shown naked in the background of a Derek Armstrong interview at lakings.com
He signed a lockout deal with Manchester, and if the lockout ends he will sign a one-way deal with L.A. Or atleast thats the way I've always understood the deal.
Pitkanen is the only one for sure. Patrick Sharp and Dennis Seidenberg both have a strong shot at being called up. Nitymakki and Umberger could be called up, but probably only in case of injury.
I don't agree with you regarding Niittymaki. I believe that his stellar play this season will give him a shot to win the job in Philly, especially since Esche hasn't been playing. Personally, I would like to see what he can do at the NHL level. I was very impressed with the 3 games that he played last season for the Flyers.
Sejna, Glumac, DiSalvatore will probably get the call up. Means more ice time for Shkotov
I would add two more names to the list.
1. Sejna - for sure
2. Blake Evans - Solid roll player, 4th liner w/ some small scoring ability Legit shot to stay as a 4th liner
3. Mike Glumac - He will get his cup of coffee, but will need to impress to stay (2 ways) - more of an IR call up
4. Jon DiSalvatore - See Glumac
5. Jay McClement - IR call up w/ Sillinger as the 3rd C already
6. John Pohl - only called up if Injury occurs to McClement
7. Mike Stuart - Saw sime time last year, would expect should he continue to come back from the injury, him to be an IR call up.
8. Trevor Byrne - See Stuart
For the Coyotes, I would expect Sjostrom, Taffe and LeNeveu to make the Coyotes roster. Westrum has an outside shot as well.
I'd be very surprised to see LeNeveu. The Coyotes have Boucher and Johnson and would be better off letting him continue to mature in the AHL. The three skaters have a shot but as it stands the Coyotes are going to have to send DOWN someone if it is a 23 man roster and Taffe, Sjostrom and Westrum have not exactly excelled so far. IMO they'd go up when there is an injury. Good thing for Utah - they cant afford to lose anyone.