HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Leaf's Schedule for the rest of November

Old
11-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

vCash: 500
The Leaf's Schedule for the rest of November

Saturday, Nov 14 Calgary
Tuesday, Nov 17 @ Ottawa
Thursday, Nov 19 @ Carolina
Saturday, Nov 21 Washington
Monday, Nov 23 NY Islanders
Wednesday, Nov 25 @ Tampa Bay
Friday, Nov 27 @ Florida
Monday, Nov 30 Buffalo

a win tonight vs. calgary, and beating all the teams that are not Buffalo & Washington could move their record into respectability. by Dec. it could be 9-10-6, and hopefully be above .500 by Christmas. what do you think? would it be a small miracle to get wins against the non-contenders?

Muskoka5Ghosts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:37 PM
stoney

Clearly looking ahead isn't the answer.

One game at a time, focusing on winning right now is what they need to do. Every team will have at least one advantage over our team, so they can't take anyone lightly. I'm convinced they thought Minny was going to be a cakewalk, and it showed in their effort.

stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:44 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Their own inconsistentcy is their problem, not their schedule at this point. Minny was a good example of that. They need to play consistent, and they will win a bunch of those games.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:14 PM
HariKari

Ottawa and New York aren't pushovers anymore, far from a guaranteed win. They crushed a great team like Detroit, get crushed to a lousy team in Minnesota, I'm not sure what to expect from these guys anymore.

HariKari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:19 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Their own inconsistentcy is their problem, not their schedule at this point. Minny was a good example of that. They need to play consistent, and they will win a bunch of those games.
Exactly. This team has shown that they can dominate some great team. They've also shown that they can get dominated by some horrible teams. If they could find a mid-ground to play at each game.our record will reflect it for the better.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 04:44 PM
SwollenGoat

I know it has been said many times this season, but they really need to score the first goal. When they don't (most of this season) they seem to get into a panic style of defense. Unable to make easy clears out of the zone, poor zone coverage and certain players trying to do it all themselves (Mitchell,Grabo,Blake) resulting in costly turnovers.
I like to be optimistic but trying to predict what this team will accomplish is futile at the best of times.

SwollenGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 05:49 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwollenGoat View Post
I know it has been said many times this season, but they really need to score the first goal. When they don't (most of this season) they seem to get into a panic style of defense. Unable to make easy clears out of the zone, poor zone coverage and certain players trying to do it all themselves (Mitchell,Grabo,Blake) resulting in costly turnovers.
I like to be optimistic but trying to predict what this team will accomplish is futile at the best of times.
As much as needing the 1st goal, they need to not let in the early goal.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 12:18 AM
mapes

Almost every game is VERY winable.. now will we?

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

my 9-10-6 is now changed to 8-11-6. i hope they can make that. i would really hate to see this team tank hard.

Old
11-15-2009, 02:10 AM
robr00

I don't see how any of you can possibly predict the Leafs coming out with a winning record for the month of November. So far, they've won 3 / 18 games. That's a 17% winning percentage. So, if you want to avoid looking like a fool, just predict that they'll keep on winning ~1 / 5 games.

robr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 09:20 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr00 View Post
I don't see how any of you can possibly predict the Leafs coming out with a winning record for the month of November. So far, they've won 3 / 18 games. That's a 17% winning percentage. So, if you want to avoid looking like a fool, just predict that they'll keep on winning ~1 / 5 games.
this team is a mess.i mean how long before the richard peddie sightings ,him lurking around.its a perfect way for the board to put heat on management.there are not enough positives.how long do we have to watch jason blake here in loserville?hes done.mayers done ,wallin is scaring me .if he was the leading scorer in the SEL .we got a problem of monster proportions .LMAO.MITCHELL.....not much better than the mitchel we got playing here windsor ......it can on and on.how can ron wilson keep his job? this team may go 0-for the rest of november.we blasted howie berger alot ....i know i have ,but darn if he wasnt bang on about this club.the biggest problem i have is if burke says its gona take years to build a winner ....."THEN TAKE THE ****IN TIME!!!!!"right now they look like two dogs trying to screw a footbal

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Muskoka5Ghosts*

this was supposed to be a positive thread.

go leafs go!

Old
11-15-2009, 10:24 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr00 View Post
Look at the schedule so far, too, and look at it for November..

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote