HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Souray Update Thread

Old
11-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Sayuri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
As much as I hate the Flames, it was a penalty but not a suspension. Souray has already said that he knows it was an accident and that Iginla is an honest player. Iginla said he hopes Souray gets back soon and that he is a hardworking and honest guy. Iginla got a tripping penalty on the play but that was not suspension worthy. Gagner did the same thing to Regehr last year and that was not a suspension either. If any Flames player should have been suspended, it should be Regehr for some of his hits over the years on Hemsky (2 that I can recall).

Anyways, I hope Souray comes back really soon. He's a true leader on this team and will help the PP out immensely.

Oh and PS Belcriss...........Moreau fought Iginla after the play. Not sure what else you want him as the captain to do. I don't think hitting him over the head with a stick as Quinn suggested would fly over too well.
Am i the only one that got the impression Souray isn't as ok with everything to do with Iginla as he made it sound? For starters he couldn't even remember what kind of message he received from Iginla and obviously didn't call him back or he would have mentioned that they spoke as opposed to talking about him leaving a message. He also mentioned the oopportunities he will have to play the Flames again this year.

In my opinion he's mad as hell and can't wait to play Calgary again, not to do anything dirty but to get some frustration out. Sounded to me like he was just saying what he was supposed to in front of the camera.

Sayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:22 PM
NotBad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_fan85 View Post
Am i the only one that got the impression Souray isn't as ok with everything to do with Iginla as he made it sound? For starters he couldn't even remember what kind of message he received from Iginla and obviously didn't call him back or he would have mentioned that they spoke as opposed to talking about him leaving a message. He also mentioned the oopportunities he will have to play the Flames again this year.

In my opinion he's mad as hell and can't wait to play Calgary again, not to do anything dirty but to get some frustration out. Sounded to me like he was just saying what he was supposed to in front of the camera.
Well if our first game against the flames Sourray decides that hes going to chase around Iginla and rag doll him to his hearts content then so be it.

If he ends up getting a 2 + 5 + 10 then so be it. The guys on the bench will understand and will welcome it back. It will set a tone that has been lost since sourray went out along with our bigger guys going out with injuries..

Just watch the first few games with sourray back in the line up and watch the oilers change in front of our eyes....

Ok so i was being optomistic with that last one. But hell any day an oiler can rag doll a flame im all for it

NotBad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBad View Post
Well if our first game against the flames Sourray decides that hes going to chase around Iginla and rag doll him to his hearts content then so be it.

If he ends up getting a 2 + 5 + 10 then so be it. The guys on the bench will understand and will welcome it back. It will set a tone that has been lost since sourray went out along with our bigger guys going out with injuries..

Just watch the first few games with sourray back in the line up and watch the oilers change in front of our eyes....

Ok so i was being optomistic with that last one. But hell any day an oiler can rag doll a flame im all for it
If he can save it for the 3rd period or late 2nd, than Im fine with it.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
Quinn was miffed that Moreau even "honored" Iggy with a fight.
Quinn was miffed that Moreau waited until however many minutes later to start the fight and he was miffed that Moreau 'asked' Iginla for the fight. I'm sure he would've liked Moreau to jump in there right away and just start pounding on him... something I agree with whole-heartedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
If he can save it for the 3rd period or late 2nd, than Im fine with it.
I'm fine with it either way, we need to get some of that badassness back into our game.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Lowe in Oil

I need Souray back ASAP

I traded for him 2 days ago!!!!!

Fleeced the other guy in my pool hehe

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 04:14 PM
battlegoon

With Grebs out do you guys think its going to drive Souray harder to come back? I gotta feeling we could see him playing in the next game

battlegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlegoon View Post
With Grebs out do you guys think its going to drive Souray harder to come back? I gotta feeling we could see him playing in the next game
They need to make some roster moves in order to get Souray into the lineup. Souray is on LTIR and his salary doesn't count against the cap as of right now.

11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
battlegoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
They need to make some roster moves in order to get Souray into the lineup. Souray is on LTIR and his salary doesn't count against the cap as of right now.
That can happen easily though, we were under the cap before Souray was injured so well be under when he comes back, just need to send some of the guys we called up down

Old
11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
That can happen easily though, we were under the cap before Souray was injured so well be under when he comes back, just need to send some of the guys we called up down
I don't think so. Pisani was on LTIR when Souray was injured. When Pisani came back, Souray was put on LTIR.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 04:23 PM
battlegoon

Quote:
I don't think so. Pisani was on LTIR when Souray was injured. When Pisani came back, Souray was put on LTIR.
Ah yes I forgot, werent we supposed to be waiving someone by the end of this roadtrip though?

O well, we'll waive someone for Souray if we have to

Old
11-12-2009, 04:45 PM
blue_n_copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_fan85 View Post

No your not the only one. First of all after the Bertuzzi lawsuit, Souray would have to be a fool to talk about revenge in public. Secondly while he said one thing his body language was saying something very different. It looked to me like his entire body tensed at the mention of Iginla's name.

blue_n_copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2009, 06:01 PM
myteammytown

Quote:

players on LTIR continue to count against the cap.

there are, however, provisions that allow for a team to apply for relief, if replacing the injured player puts the team over the cap.

from the CBA (and nhlscap.com)

Article 50.10(a):

All Player Salary and Bonuses paid to Players on an NHL Active Roster, Injured Reserve or Non Roster that are Unfit to Play being either injured or suffering from an illness shall be counted against a Club's Upper Limit, Actual Club Salary and Averaged Club Salary, as well as against the Players' Share.

as well

Article 50.10(d) of the CBA illustrates this point:

(a) Illustration: A Player with a Player Salary of $1.5 million becomes unfit to play for more than 24 days and 10 games. At the time the Player becomes unfit to play, the Club has an Averaged Club Salary of $39.5 million, and the Upper Limit is $40 million. The Club may replace the unfit-to-play Player with another Player of Players with an aggregate Player Salary and Bonuses of up to $1.5 million. The first $500,000 of such replacement salary and bonuses shall count toward the Club's Average Club Salary, bringing the Averaged Club Salary to the Upper Limit. The Club may then exceed the Upper Limit by up to another $1 million as a result of the replacement salary and bonuses. However, if the unfit-to-play Player once again becomes fit to play, and the Club has not otherwise created any Payroll Room during the interim period, then the Player shall not be permitted to rejoin the Club until such time as the Club reduces its Averaged Club Salary to below the Upper Limit.

myteammytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:18 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

So, anyway, sounds like So-So is ready to rock?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:32 PM
OILFAN #81

Oilers lines in practice today:

Penner - Horcoff - Hemsky

Comrie - Gagner - O'Sullivan

Moreau - Cogliano - Stortini

Nilsson - Potulny - Brule

Souray - Staios

Smid - Visnovsky

Strudwick - Gilbert

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2009, 01:54 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:

Souray - Staios

Smid - Visnovsky

Strudwick - Gilbert

He can't get back soon enough. I hope we aren't rushing him.

Side note, anyone know how long Chorney is out for? I'd love to start sitting Strudwick again.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

Update: 11-14

But defenceman Sheldon Souray's situation is still overcast, even if he skated hard with Steve Staios as his defence partner through Friday's practice.

Souray has missed 16 consecutive games with his concussion and is close to returning, but he wouldn't say he was definitely playing against the Thrashers. With his iffy status and with Taylor Chorney (ankle) not skating, they will call up a defenceman from the Springfield Falcons -- the Oilers' American Hockey League affiliate -- today, probably Theo Peckham.

"With your head, there can't be any second-guessing, you have to be really ready ...whether that's two days from now or four or a week, I don't know," Souray said.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...961/story.html

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Harrison

Quote:

Souray - Staios

Smid - Visnovsky

Strudwick - Gilbert
I would like to see Gilbert and Staios switch spots....otherwise this is great news....

Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:44 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitain Midnight View Post
But defenceman Sheldon Souray's situation is still overcast, even if he skated hard with Steve Staios as his defence partner through Friday's practice.

Souray has missed 16 consecutive games with his concussion and is close to returning, but he wouldn't say he was definitely playing against the Thrashers. With his iffy status and with Taylor Chorney (ankle) not skating, they will call up a defenceman from the Springfield Falcons -- the Oilers' American Hockey League affiliate -- today, probably Theo Peckham.

"With your head, there can't be any second-guessing, you have to be really ready ...whether that's two days from now or four or a week, I don't know," Souray said.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...961/story.html
Certainly doesn't sound like a person that is rushing back or being rushed back! So I think we can put those fears away that I keep reading (not directed at you)

He will play when he feels 100% and that is proper as there is no way for the doctors to know if he has recovered as there is no test available that will give them this information.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:49 PM
rigger

Quote:
Unfortunately with a concussion, it doesn't matter how bad you want to come back it doesn't matter. A concussion isn't like a muscle injury where you rehab it. You just wait.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:24 PM
millpoo

Quote:

Souray - Staios

Smid - Visnovsky

Strudwick - Gilbert
Hopefully Chorney gets healthy and we can scratch Strudwick. He's a smarter option IMO. With Smid playing well and Souray's return, i think the d-corps will be decent until Grebeshkov comes back.

millpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 01:57 PM
KCrushers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Unfortunately with a concussion, it doesn't matter how bad you want to come back it doesn't matter. A concussion isn't like a muscle injury where you rehab it. You just wait.
Since he has been cleared for contractdrills and have completed a few of them I doubt that it has anything to do with concussion if he doesent play tomorrow. I would say that it more has to do with condition and that they might want him to get a few more practices in before he steps back in the lineup.

With this said, I think he is playing tomorrow.

KCrushers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

And he is back...8+ mins in the 1st period, 3+ on the PP.

Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends............

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote