HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Something wrong with Josh Bailey?

Old
11-14-2009, 01:24 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

vCash: 500
I think it would be better for Bailey to go to the AHL. He'll be their best player, plus Bridgeport is missing a star play-maker like him. He would get 1st unit everything there.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
No it wouldn't.
I'd hope Snow isn't so thin skinned, that he'd be more worried about the pr hit of demoting Bailey,then with getting the kid's development on track.

Bailey seems like a smart,down to earth youngster.I'd expect him to do what Comeau did when he was demoted last yr:go to Bridgeport,work hard and earn a call up to the nyi.
What is bad PR in Islander nation anyway? no one covers the team. only the diehards will know. besides the club isn't doing so great at the gate this year anyway.

I really think we are hurting his development by keeping him here. I was all for him being up here last year, but now i'd like to see him dominate the AHL for a few months.

We're all thrilled the club is in a playoff spot now, but we have to realistically look at the teams chances this year. This year has to be about continued development & you can make the case that Bailey is the teams 4th most important player moving forward. I read it somewhere online but an unnamed scout said that the NYIs handling of JB is turning him into a 3rd line player.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
If Bailey is playing in games that mean something for the NYI, that is more important than playing games for what has been a lackluster AHL team. Don't underestimate that point.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Hunter07

Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
If Bailey is playing in games that mean something for the NYI, that is more important than playing games for what has been a lackluster AHL team. Don't underestimate that point.
Don't overestimate that point when some one has a whole career of learning ahead of them.

Sorry I4E, but I fully disagree. Even if the Isles were in contending shape, Bailey hasn't EARNED a spot on the team. His play indicates he does not belong here.

He has his whole career to play in big games for the Islanders. It is guaranteed that at least 6 games a year are big games (Isles Rags), so no matter when he comes up there will be big games to play in. Bailey only has X amount of time to put it all together, especially because he was taken in the top of the 1st round. He is losing valuable playing time and experience by being on the Islanders and playing 14-15 minutes a night, playing time and experience he WILL NOT get back.

I can't find any reason based on his play and based on what I perceive as proper development that says Bailey should be on the Islanders this season. Not one reason.

Hopefully he turns it around up here and starts to play better on both ends of the ice, but until then he is losing valuable time towards his development.

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote