HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Today's Practice

Old
11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm not a firm believer of line changing until finding the rightful combination.

Personally, I'd put Cammy-Gomez-A.Kost and Gionta-Plek-Lats (until D'Ago comes back at least).
Those 6players are currently our most offensively talented players.
I'd keep those lines intact for 10ish games.
I'd keep the Metro-MaxPac-Moen line intact and put Lappy with Pyatt-White.
The 2bottom lines can be either 3rd or 4th depending on their play each game. The 4th line would see very limited ice time as I'd roll mostly 3 lines.
When we're trailing by 1 goal in the 3rd, then I'd put our top 3 together.

At some point, we'll have to let our players play. Switching them around isn't making things necessarily better. Finding short term solutions isn't what we need either.
Plek-Pyatt and White might work for a game or two, but will eventually crumble. So what's the point?..Better off sacrificing a few games in order to get some solid chemistry out of a top 6.

I'm not ready to criticize Martin though. In his fairness, not too many players are giving him any reasons to go with them.

I'm a firm A.Kost defender because of his undeniable skills, but even though he's been playing better, it's useless if he can't produce.
That being said, I don't think putting him along side Chipper and Laraque/Stewart will get him out of his funk.

I think the mistake was made earlier this year, before the season started, when they sent S.Kost down. Not because it affected A.Kost's play or focus, but simply due to the fact we wouldn't have to worry about them building chemistry.

Jacques Martin spoke about duos during camp. I think he complicated his life by sending S.Kost down.
Gomez-Gionta undeniable chemistry. Proven.
A.Kost-S.Kost undeniable chemistry. Proven.
Lats-Laps undeniable chemistry. Proven.
Plek-Cammy was the only unproven duo.

Sending S.Kost down meant A.Kost being a complement. That didn't work out. A Plek-A.Kost duo didn't work out. Lats and Laps were moved around and lost their touch in the process. They seem lost.
The duo theory of Martin turned into one solid trio.

I'm not saying we'd be necessarily better with S.Kost. But at this point, it's tough to argue we'd be worse.

Main reason I'm not ready to criticize Martin though, is because we'd be much better off if we had a healthy roster.
Agreed with most point, especially the bold one. Still I cant help but criticize Martin when you see lines mashed up like this. They make no sense, most of us here can see it. Yes we are not all NHL coaches but to put one of our most offensively talented players on the 4th line again makes absolutely no sense no matter how you look at it.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/no...s-1836191.html

In that article it says that Moen stay after the practice to help the young players on the faceoff! Talk about leadership!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Our top two lines fails big time.

Especially that 2nd line! Never seen a second line in the nhl that has wingers with 0 goals after 20 games in the season.
I agree. Whats that say about Pleks ability to set up his wingers with quality shots?

As I recall Pleks has set hammer up twice for goals with good passes.

In the game when Pleks had 3 assists I think he set up two guys with passes right in front of the net with short passes while on the PP.

In the other games he has not set up any of his wingers with any shots that resulted in goals.

By contrast look how many goals, shots and quality shots Gomez's wingers have had in 20 games.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 12:38 AM
2eazy*

My 1st post here been a lurker for a while

Would love to see
cammy-gomez-gionta
kost-pleks-kost
pacc-metro-moen
latendresse-lapierre-dago

2eazy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:18 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

IMO should be:

Cammy - Pleks - Gio
AK - Gomez - SK
Moen - Metro - Laps
Pyatt - Chips - White

Fatty in the stands.
Patches in Hamilton.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
http://www.corussports.com/hockey/no...s-1836191.html

In that article it says that Moen stay after the practice to help the young players on the faceoff! Talk about leadership!
Then why isn't he taking face-offs?

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:26 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
If I'm Plekanec there's absolutely no way I'm signing with the habs this summer.
why not at this rate he will be our #1 center, captain making 8million a season.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:54 AM
Mr. Hab

Where's Desharnais? (2 more weeks on the injured list or sooner?).

No chance for Sergei...ever?

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 03:32 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
I agree. Whats that say about Pleks ability to set up his wingers with quality shots?

As I recall Pleks has set hammer up twice for goals with good passes.

In the game when Pleks had 3 assists I think he set up two guys with passes right in front of the net with short passes while on the PP.

In the other games he has not set up any of his wingers with any shots that resulted in goals.

By contrast look how many goals, shots and quality shots Gomez's wingers have had in 20 games.
Yeah! let's blame Plekanec for his wingers not scoring...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:22 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs0492 View Post
IMO should be:

Cammy - Pleks - Gio
AK - Gomez - SK
Moen - Metro - Laps
Pyatt - Chips - White

Fatty in the stands.
Patches in Hamilton.

HockeyF3ind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:36 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlouche View Post
Dont worry boys... Next game is against the Hurricanes, it will be an easy game for the Habs and 2 pts in the bank.

Carolina Hurricanes' players might be thinking something similar to the above quote!

------------------------ ----------------------------

Habs0492 wrote
IMO should be:

Cammy - Pleks - Gio
AK - Gomez - SK
Moen - Metro - Laps
Pyatt - Chips - White

Fatty in the stands.
Patches in Hamilton.
------------------------ -------------

Has coach JM ever tried to create balance for the first two lines? (with what we have now?).
_?_Camm/S.Kosts - Gomez-Gionta
Cammelleri/S.Kosts - Pleks - A.Kosts?

Old
11-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Where's Desharnais? (2 more weeks on the injured list or sooner?).
Desharnais is back and has played two games. His first game back, Boucher wanted to give him limited ice time but he worked so hard (during a bad team performance) he ended up being double shifted. His second game back, the big line was back together and clicking like they did last year. Glumac has suddenly started scoring and Trotter looks more alive and it all coincides with the little guy coming back. That line played great the other night and Desharnais was a huge part of that. If he keeps it up and the Habs were looking to call up the most deserving guy, it could easily be DD. He has woken his linemates up, hopefully his presence on the ice gives Maxwell a jolt too.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Marc-E-

OH my Oh my! Pathetic.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 12:36 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeingKostitsyn View Post
In bold are guys who have nothing to do in their current spot in the lineup.

Originally Posted by snowmen
Cammy-Gomez-Metro
White-Pleky-Pyatt
Lats-Max-Moen
Laraque-Chipchura-Kostitsyn

Gorges-Mara
Spacek-Hamr
Leach-MAB
Carle-Obyrne (yay)

Gionta/Pacs not there.

Per Habs I/O

I think even friggin' Jan Bulis could help us at the moment
fixed.

on a more serious note... Metropolit gets a chance to play there for many reasons. I wish for habs fans to recognize that players like lats and a.kos are killing us instead of looking at the roster and go : ``WHHHHHHHAT metro on the 1rst line?'' ...

he is always one of our best forwards, so why not.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
If I'm Plekanec there's absolutely no way I'm signing with the habs this summer.
It'll be even less appealing when we flip him for a 2nd round pick and/or an average prospect.

Oh, and after looking at those lineups, hope died inside me.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:10 PM
odishabs

id do this:

Kostitsyn - Gomez - Cammalleri
Metropolit - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Pyatt - Moen
White - Chipchura - D'Agostini

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Effort rewarded

As far as the top two lines are concerned, Martin is simply rewarding guys for giving a consistent effort all game. Martin knows metro, pyatt and white aren't top line players--but at least he knows that they'll skate hard all game long. He might as well give top minutes to guys like that than guys who play half-assed.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 03:41 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
As far as the top two lines are concerned, Martin is simply rewarding guys for giving a consistent effort all game. Martin knows metro, pyatt and white aren't top line players--but at least he knows that they'll skate hard all game long. He might as well give top minutes to guys like that than guys who play half-assed.
Andrei has played great, has been backchecking for the first time since he started to play, and what happens? He gets to go on the 4th line.

I almost hope for his own sake that he's going to be traded out of this talent-killer team.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 03:46 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Andrei has played great, has been backchecking for the first time since he started to play, and what happens? He gets to go on the 4th line.

I almost hope for his own sake that he's going to be traded out of this talent-killer team.
Agreed, Martin has been a fail so far this season. Howevr, we are in bad shape when we content ourselves with a player backchecking

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post

Yeah i must admit, i don't understand why Andrei was demoted. I was only explaining why i thought the other guys were promoted.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:18 PM
CrewkHead

We need to get O'byrne back in the line up for tomorrow. It would help a lot by putting Spacek back on the left side and get one of MAB or Leach in the stands.

CrewkHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 04:44 PM
linp

Let's wait and see the line combos in tomorrow's practice. I think Martin just wants to try out something or sends some messages to some players (good or bad). I doubt that he'll keep that line combo in tomorrow's game.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
David Desharnais is back and has played two games. His first game back, Boucher wanted to give him limited ice time but he worked so hard (during a bad team performance) he ended up being double shifted. His second game back, the big line was back together and clicking like they did last year. Glumac has suddenly started scoring and Trotter looks more alive and it all coincides with the little guy coming back. That line played great the other night and Desharnais was a huge part of that. If he keeps it up and the Habs were looking to call up the most deserving guy, it could easily be DD. He has woken his linemates up, hopefully his presence on the ice gives Maxwell a jolt too.
Thanks, Qui Gon Dave for your (as usual) very informative info on our Bulldogs' farm team.

DD sounds promising. And besides Trotter and Glumac, did you notice anything positive recently from Sergei's game? (I had to ask!).

Old
11-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

We should try

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
A.Kostitsyn - Gomez - S.Kostitsyn
Moen - Metropolit - Pacioretty
Latendresse - Lapierre - White

Play the 3-4th line ~12mins
I think that these line combos are pretty nice.

Thoughts?

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:52 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Funny you call him this, but you have never seen him. I have, and if you think he is fat ? Well you are blind, because he s not fat. Though i would bet that you might be.
imma do what koreans do in these situations: T_T

ak got demoted so he can score a goal on his first shift with chips then be put on 2nd line right after during the game. he has 1 ****ing goal for **** sakes. all this mess better be fixed soon..

Last edited by uiCk: 11-17-2009 at 01:58 AM.
uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote