HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#20 - 11.14.09 | New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators | 2:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
11-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
The point was that the Rangers weren't playing well. When the shots are 26-12 with a few mins left in the 2nd period, your getting beat 2:1 on faceoffs and have given up four straight PP's, it usually means you're getting outplayed.

I watched the same game you did. The Rangers weren't sharp at all until midway through the 3rd. They made careless mistakes with their breakout passes and were passive when they had their chance to shoot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the win. It wasn't an extremely lopsided game. But you have to admit Ottawa had several chances to put the game away and didnt, so in that regard I feel the Rangers won more because they other team handed it to them.
i dont really agree with this, i think the rangers were trying to play a conservative game from the get go because of the way they played against the thrashers...they needed to get back to basics, to play in their own end first, before they start worrying about offense...the offense will come, but they needed to play strong defensively...Henrik didnt make many saves where i oohed and aahed...he made about a dozen of them against the Thrashers...which is not a good thing.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

what would anyone think of Prospal-Higgins-Gaborik. I know its just one game it but why not give it a shot. I thought Higgins looked good at center today and got better as the game went on. He might just be that force that is missing from that line being dynamic.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I think Prospal has been more productive at center this season. And while we are down two centers moving two of our remaining ones onto the same line also doesnt compute.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 02:57 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
what would anyone think of Prospal-Higgins-Gaborik. I know its just one game it but why not give it a shot. I thought Higgins looked good at center today and got better as the game went on. He might just be that force that is missing from that line being dynamic.
when Dubi and Drury are back, sure...but we have no center depth..you cant put 2 guys who are centers for us right now on the same line...youll end up with higgins or prospal playing almost 30 minutes like what happened against the Thrashers..and thats not a good thing.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 05:34 AM
Chimp

Defense was alot better than the Trashers game, but making improvement from a negative number is hardly an accomplishment. Offense was toothless, we couldn't get anything going. We had almost none scoring quality chances. Our flagship, the PP, didn't work at all.

So I think we should be happy with 2 points here.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 08:35 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Don't jump on the bandwagon when we go far in the playoffs
ahahaaahahahah im saving this post...
this team will struggle and i mean struggggle just to make the playoffs. if they make it past the first round ill give you my tickets for the first game of the 2nd round...hows that for not jumping on the bandwagon?

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 10:03 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
when Dubi and Drury are back, sure...but we have no center depth..you cant put 2 guys who are centers for us right now on the same line...youll end up with higgins or prospal playing almost 30 minutes like what happened against the Thrashers..and thats not a good thing.
Drury has to come back?! Awww shucks

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:44 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Anybody have a copy of the full MSG broadcast with post-game comments? Please send me a PM. I will reimburse for expenses.

jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 01:51 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
ahahaaahahahah im saving this post...
this team will struggle and i mean struggggle just to make the playoffs. if they make it past the first round ill give you my tickets for the first game of the 2nd round...hows that for not jumping on the bandwagon?

DIBS!

OMFG Dibs!!!!!

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote