HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Jackets recall Sestito, Pahlsson doubtful, Mason/Klesla questionable.

Old
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Oh for gods sake, you mean Hitch actually cares about winning and putting in a player that has a chance to win a board battle? Fire him.
I can't wait until we have a team full of guys who can win board battles...and can't put the puck in the net, personally.

I'm glad to see Sestito on the team, but I can think of a player other than Filatov who would have been worthy of the healthy scratch. Perhaps the uber-redundant Boll.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I can't wait until we have a team full of guys who can win board battles...and can't put the puck in the net, personally.

I'm glad to see Sestito on the team, but I can think of a player other than Filatov who would have been worthy of the healthy scratch. Perhaps the uber-redundant Boll.
Boll, Tyutin, Juice have all been far worse than Filatov.

We all talk about Filatov's turnovers, but nobody else's.

What would happen if Rick Nash was healthy scratched everytime he turned over the puck?? He'd never play another game.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:53 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Boll, Tyutin, Juice have all been far worse than Filatov.

We all talk about Filatov's turnovers, but nobody else's.

What would happen if Rick Nash was healthy scratched everytime he turned over the puck?? He'd never play another game.
Well, its not because Ken Hitchcock turns a blind eye to veterans mistakes and holds rookies to a different (and less realistic) standard. I can tell you that for sure.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
CBJmeser61

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Oh for gods sake, you mean Hitch actually cares about winning and putting in a player that has a chance to win a board battle? Fire him.
Because winning board battles is ALL that matters in hockey apparently. Just dress 12 Murray's and we should go 82-0 and sweep all four rounds of the playoffs.

When it comes down to it this team will likely make the playoffs and then be out in the first round again because we are skating 2 1/2 checking/grinder lines and 2 of our top-6 have historically done poorly in the playoffs.

CBJmeser61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 10:46 PM
anteater90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJmeser61 View Post
Because winning board battles is ALL that matters in hockey apparently. Just dress 12 Murray's and we should go 82-0 and sweep all four rounds of the playoffs.

When it comes down to it this team will likely make the playoffs and then be out in the first round again because we are skating 2 1/2 checking/grinder lines and 2 of our top-6 have historically done poorly in the playoffs.
Well Hell let's just pack it up for the season now. Why bother?

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 10:56 PM
CBJmeser61

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater90 View Post
Well Hell let's just pack it up for the season now. Why bother?
Just my opinion on playing the players we are now. Unless Nash plays a great game this team looks sloppy and can not make passes. You can not expect one player to carry you through the playoffs, a fact we learned last April.

CBJmeser61 is offline   Reply With Quote