HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Jackets recall Sestito, Pahlsson doubtful, Mason/Klesla questionable.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
  #26
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Oh for gods sake, you mean Hitch actually cares about winning and putting in a player that has a chance to win a board battle? Fire him.
I can't wait until we have a team full of guys who can win board battles...and can't put the puck in the net, personally.

I'm glad to see Sestito on the team, but I can think of a player other than Filatov who would have been worthy of the healthy scratch. Perhaps the uber-redundant Boll.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:50 PM
  #27
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 15,979
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I can't wait until we have a team full of guys who can win board battles...and can't put the puck in the net, personally.

I'm glad to see Sestito on the team, but I can think of a player other than Filatov who would have been worthy of the healthy scratch. Perhaps the uber-redundant Boll.
Boll, Tyutin, Juice have all been far worse than Filatov.

We all talk about Filatov's turnovers, but nobody else's.

What would happen if Rick Nash was healthy scratched everytime he turned over the puck?? He'd never play another game.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 05:53 PM
  #28
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Boll, Tyutin, Juice have all been far worse than Filatov.

We all talk about Filatov's turnovers, but nobody else's.

What would happen if Rick Nash was healthy scratched everytime he turned over the puck?? He'd never play another game.
Well, its not because Ken Hitchcock turns a blind eye to veterans mistakes and holds rookies to a different (and less realistic) standard. I can tell you that for sure.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
  #29
CBJmeser61
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashmarks View Post
Oh for gods sake, you mean Hitch actually cares about winning and putting in a player that has a chance to win a board battle? Fire him.
Because winning board battles is ALL that matters in hockey apparently. Just dress 12 Murray's and we should go 82-0 and sweep all four rounds of the playoffs.

When it comes down to it this team will likely make the playoffs and then be out in the first round again because we are skating 2 1/2 checking/grinder lines and 2 of our top-6 have historically done poorly in the playoffs.

CBJmeser61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 10:46 PM
  #30
anteater90
Registered User
 
anteater90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hilliard
Country: United States
Posts: 1,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJmeser61 View Post
Because winning board battles is ALL that matters in hockey apparently. Just dress 12 Murray's and we should go 82-0 and sweep all four rounds of the playoffs.

When it comes down to it this team will likely make the playoffs and then be out in the first round again because we are skating 2 1/2 checking/grinder lines and 2 of our top-6 have historically done poorly in the playoffs.
Well Hell let's just pack it up for the season now. Why bother?

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2009, 10:56 PM
  #31
CBJmeser61
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater90 View Post
Well Hell let's just pack it up for the season now. Why bother?
Just my opinion on playing the players we are now. Unless Nash plays a great game this team looks sloppy and can not make passes. You can not expect one player to carry you through the playoffs, a fact we learned last April.

CBJmeser61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.