HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call me crazy!

Old
11-17-2009, 09:12 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Call me crazy!

I like is David Backes and I think that St-Louis could afford to let him go at the right price.. St-Louis is stacked on the right side. Sure he is young but I believe that with the right stuff we could pry him out of St.Louis. He is strugglin now like some of our guys

I make 3 proposal and why

1st-Plekanec and a conditional pick if Plekanek doesn`t sign: Plekanec is our best player right now but we may lose him for nothing. I like Plekanec alot .......Backes just plays a game I like.

2nd-Andrei Kostitsyn and Sergeiand a 2nd round pick, make that a first if Sergei boots it for the KHL: They have the talent. Andrei proved that he can score in this league and Sergei has the fire for the playoff.

3rd Latendress and Pacioretty: Lats can produce with the right center and Pacioretty is a young gun still trying to find is place but has great potential.

Flame away

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I like is David Backes and I think that St-Louis could afford to let him go at the right price.. St-Louis is stacked on the right side. Sure he is young but I believe that with the right stuff we could pry him out of St.Louis. He is strugglin now like some of our guys

I make 3 proposal and why

1st-Plekanec and a conditional pick if Plekanek doesn`t sign: Plekanec is our best player right now but we may lose him for nothing. I like Plekanec alot .......Backes just plays a game I like.

2nd-Andrei Kostitsyn and Sergeiand a 2nd round pick, make that a first if Sergei boots it for the KHL: They have the talent. Andrei proved that he can score in this league and Sergei has the fire for the playoff.

3rd Latendress and Pacioretty: Lats can produce with the right center and Pacioretty is a young gun still trying to find is place but has great potential.

Flame away
You are giving up too much in every trade offer... way too much

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 09:20 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
Maybe so but am I realy. In the first yes but the sec and third is pretty fair especially if you take the pick out of the second proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
You crazy!
Thanks! the first proposal is crazy I`ll admit it but it`s purely cause if we lose Plekanec for nothing..........well I`ll be crazy to cheer for this team....and I`ll probably will so....make the math

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-17-2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Merge
Old
11-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Backes for Kostitsyn might be a good swap and what both players need,a fresh start

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 09:26 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Backes for Kostitsyn might be a good swap and what both players need,a fresh start
Stlouis is going nowhere still and us too.Maybe jump start these guys. Backes plays a PF game and that could be very nice next to Plekanec.

Old
11-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Stlouis is going nowhere still and us too.Maybe jump start these guys. Backes plays a PF game and that could be very nice next to Plekanec.
Would be very nice but I won't get my hopes up,doubt Gainey makes a move

Old
11-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
If you think about it... Backes has had 1 good season of 30 goals, Kostitsyn has had 1 good season of 26, and another season of 23 goals. Backes is obviously better, but his play this year lowers his value greatly like kostitsyn's is lowered. Both kostys is still too much imo. I would be fine with it, but we could definitely get him for less if they were interested in trading him.

The first one is ridiculous

The third one is not so bad, but Patches still has more value than you think. Rookie of the year USHL, and NCAA... and still only 20 and playing NHL games. I would do it though, but don't forget, the beginning of the season that Backes is having, lowers his value greatly!

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 09:33 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

In all honesty I see St Louis as a team on the rise and they would be crazy to trade Backes now. He is a good player, we could use a few more like him.

Also I hope Bob keeps Pleks, he's coming in to his own, a gangsta that is.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
If you think about it... Backes has had 1 good season of 30 goals, Kostitsyn has had 1 good season of 26, and another season of 23 goals. Backes is obviously better, but his play this year lowers his value greatly like kostitsyn's is lowered. Both kostys is still too much imo. I would be fine with it, but we could definitely get him for less if they were interested in trading him.

The first one is ridiculous

The third one is not so bad, but Patches still has more value than you think. Rookie of the year USHL, and NCAA... and still only 20 and playing NHL games. I would do it though, but don't forget, the beginning of the season that Backes is having, lowers his value greatly!
Well the problem is the same in Montreal cause most of the players right now don't have much value,that's why it's something that can benefit both teams,both players are struggling and maybe what they need.I wouldn't make it a 3 for 1 deal but if the Blues were willing 1 for 1 and even a late pick I'd do it

Old
11-17-2009, 10:35 AM
viasyncro

You do realize that Backes is the most similar player to Kostitsyn from the 2003 draft in terms of production and games played.

St. Louis David Backes 203 54 54 108 301
Canadiens Andrei Kostitsyn 186 52 56 108 87

viasyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:13 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by viasyncro View Post
You do realize that Backes is the most similar player to Kostitsyn from the 2003 draft in terms of production and games played.

St. Louis David Backes 203 54 54 108 301
Canadiens Andrei Kostitsyn 186 52 56 108 87
You are right but I Backes plays a meaner game ala PF

Old
11-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
You are right but I Backes plays a meaner game ala PF
we don't need no freaking Powerforward! we need goals thats it

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:17 AM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
agreed, I'd do this

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:18 AM
TheCH*

Backes would be great, this team needs a big gritty player capable of putting up points. I would give them Pacioretty and Sergei.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Stradale

Proposal like this reminds me that we could be with zero top 6 players drafted by the Habs next season. If Gainey trades Sergei and Andrei, and Plekanec doesnt sign with the Habs...

There will only be Pacioretty and Latendresse left that has a chance to be on the top 6.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:35 AM
neofury*

I wouldn't be so hasty to pass up on future Pacioretty who I think will eventually be a phenom, same with Latendresse who has a lot of potential.

But as per the Kostitsyn's (who I do like btw), maybe their ship has sailed here in Montreal. Andrei is just having tons of confidence issues at present time and possibly a fresh start is indeed what both players need. I would do the deal as more of a straight up thing though, possibly throw in a lower pick then what we would get if we traded Sergei separately. I don't think Backes is worth both of them really and think that would wind up being severe over payment.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

I would make a Kostitsyn deal for Backes. I've seen what Backes is capable of and i think he would fit better with the habs than Andrei. We need to start thinking about saving cap room and this would be a decent, 750000$ start.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:48 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I don't think the Blues are interested in trading Backes, despite his terrible start. Proposals #2 and #3 are overpayments by the Habs (which is what it might take but I don't think they make much sense for us), and #1 gets rid of our best player and leaves us with Lapierre or Metropolit as our #2 centre...no thanks.

I think we have a better chance of getting Ryane Clowe out of San Jose. Similar players...Clowe is less sexy but he's been dangled in trades by SJ before so I don't think he'd cost as much.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Pedro McGuire*

You are crazy!

Pedro McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Marc-E-

Well St-louis might be a good fit as a trade partner. They are stack on the blueline and on wings. But, it's already been said; I doubt Gainey has the white card to do anything and he will be, as forever, patient with this team.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 05:58 PM
WeezyHabFan

Since you insist on being called crazy...
Not a bad proposal crazy, I like the 3rd best personally though I could see it coming back to bite us in the ass with MaxPac. I dont think we could trade Pleks away he's too valuable to us right now and I feel Bob will resign him. And the second proposal... I just love the Kosts too much to offer an unbiased opinion

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 06:03 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I'll take Perron thank you very much ..... I can dream

But Backes would be a nice add.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Proposal like this reminds me that we could be with zero top 6 players drafted by the Habs next season. If Gainey trades Sergei and Andrei, and Plekanec doesnt sign with the Habs...

There will only be Pacioretty and Latendresse left that has a chance to be on the top 6.
Even more depressing is that I was thinking today, while listening to Bob Mckenzie talk about drafting on the Team990 in the morning, just how small a minority of teams we are in who have no real top-end talent drafted in the last decade (since Markov). The vast majority of organizations have either picked up franchise players from pure suckery or else have reloaded on the fly (Detroit, Philly, NJ, Anaheim) with franchise or top-line talent.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Schooner Guy

The Blues love Backes and who can blame them? He'd be a great addition but he isn't coming to us. This is reminding me of the Clarkson thread. Maybe tomorrow there will be a let's trade for Lucic thread.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Didn't you know that players on other teams are always worth gold and that Habs players are always worth somewhat less than half of that. I sigh everytime I see the name of Markov in a trade because most times, we don't receive half as much as we should in those proposals.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote