HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Hockeybuzz Bloggers - Kings Rumors II

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2009, 01:53 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
I can see DL pulling the trigger on the Leino & Abdelkeder for Frolov deal.

Personally, I like it as well.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:13 PM
VictoryRose

vCash: 500
I wanted Abdelkader to be a King so, so bad. Oh well.

Eklund's doing more Fro stuff right now. Exelby/Toskala for Fro, and still talking Blackhawks.

There's something to one of these rumors.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Exelby and Toskala get a big fat NO!

Old
10-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=23856

Yeah, typical trash from Eklund. I can't see any interest in Toskala unless they pay us to take him and we just keep him around as a backup

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
10-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Montreal probably offered that, and Lombardi probably said go **** yourself.
Remember when that rumor first surfaced this past Summer and Montreal fans bombarded the board with facepalms and LOLwut pics...

Now who's laughing?!

Old
10-24-2009, 12:39 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

As Ek says, "DL wants a top D-man" he must have confidence in the LW's in the Org.

Old
10-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Ollie Weeks

Ladd and Barker?

Old
10-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post

Eklund's doing more Fro stuff right now. Exelby/Toskala for Fro, and still talking Blackhawks.

XLB would pretty much replace Gauthier, and Toskala would be a backup for a playoff team but I'd hope Lombardi could get them for less than Frolov.

Old
10-24-2009, 02:39 PM
roadtripper

Toskala? NO THANK YOU!

And whats the deal with them needing a d-man? The team cant seem to score on a regular basis. Perhaps, offense might be the ticket if Frolov goes. Besides, you're losing a lot of goals if he goes in a trade, so that will just make a week offense even worse. Need scoring!

Old
10-24-2009, 02:54 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
Ladd and Barker?
that'd be terrific, tho' i'd rather see if he could add to it in order to get Beach.

Old
10-24-2009, 06:18 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post

Toskala would make the Beachball look like a Vezina winner... Pass...

Old
10-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC.../ID=1306957795

Hotstove talked about Frolov today. They say that Frolov is not being shopped, but contract negotiations have been put on hold. Hopefully Frolov can pull it together to do what he needs to do to get another contract here.

Go to around 7:05 for the Frolov tidbit.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:25 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC.../ID=1306957795

Hotstove talked about Frolov today. They say that Frolov is not being shopped, but contract negotiations have been put on hold. Hopefully Frolov can pull it together to do what he needs to do to get another contract here.

Go to around 7:05 for the Frolov tidbit.
IMO, DL will hang on to Fro for the balance of the season and then start entertaining offers at the deadline.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:32 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
IMO, DL will hang on to Fro for the balance of the season and then start entertaining offers at the deadline.
That makes the most sense. Frolov's value isn't exactly high right now, his on pace numbers are pretty brutal. IMO you wait til he goes on his usual hot streak and sell him while his value is high. Long way to go before the deadline and with the Olympic schedule it looks as though you'll need all the weapons you can get in case of injuries.

Old
10-25-2009, 01:37 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
I know that's been a popular response but what if we're still in the playoff hunt by the trade deadline? What should we do then? Do we trade him and mess with the team chemistry and perhaps miss out on the playoffs? Or do we keep Frolov and take a chance of another Bouwmeester blowup? I guess an extension is always an option but if DL doesn't plan on re-signing Fro, we're better off getting rid of him early rather than later imo.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2009/11...o_russia.shtml

We should trade Frolov + for Filatov and keep our potential Russian line intact.

Old
11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2009/11...o_russia.shtml

We should trade Frolov + for Filatov and keep our potential Russian line intact.
So trade a guy whos willing to play in the system for one who doesnt want to have to?

Old
11-17-2009, 12:44 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

I wonder if they'd take Zeiler off our hands???

Old
11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
So trade a guy whos willing to play in the system for one who doesnt want to have to?
Filatov just wants to play, If we got rid of Frolov, that shouldn't a problem. As much as I want to keep Frolov, the odds aren't in favor of that, why not come out of it with a top prospect in the league who is getting paid considerably less for years to come?

Old
11-17-2009, 02:12 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Filatov just wants to play, If we got rid of Frolov, that shouldn't a problem. As much as I want to keep Frolov, the odds aren't in favor of that, why not come out of it with a top prospect in the league who is getting paid considerably less for years to come?
I understand he just wants to play but when it appears he wants to be handed that ice time and not learn to become a better player something is wrong. Murray would treat him the same way Hitchcock does and then what happens? Would the Kings then trade him to get some sort of return before he bolted back to Russia like he seems so eager to do because hes not getting things his way?

Old
11-17-2009, 02:16 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Well, of course he wants to play. The question you should be asking is why isn't Hitchcock playing him? And my hunch is that Filatov isn't doing the little things that are being asked of him. The way I look at it, if Filatov can't play for Hitchcock, he probably can't play for TM either.

Having said that, I would still do the Fro/Filatov trade (which will never happen imo). It maybe tough seeing him going through some growing pain years but he just may be worth it.

Old
11-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
I understand he just wants to play but when it appears he wants to be handed that ice time and not learn to become a better player something is wrong. Murray would treat him the same way Hitchcock does and then what happens? Would the Kings then trade him to get some sort of return before he bolted back to Russia like he seems so eager to do because hes not getting things his way?
Possibly. But you have to admit that a high-end young goal-scoring talent doesn't belong on the fourth line with 7-8 minutes of TOI. But I do agree wholeheartedly in making him earn it and teaching him to play two-way hockey.

But, no matter what, if the Jackets were crazy enough to offer him for Frolov you gotta know we would do it. I think our staff can break him in, not to mention the amount of Russians, especially younger ones, that we have in the system now playing in Manchester, I think he could get along well here.

All of this is fluff and I am just goofing around, but acquiring that kid would be something... If only we didn't need to trade Frolov... I would love to see a Frolov-Loktionov-Filatov line

Old
11-17-2009, 02:28 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I would love to see a Frolov-Loktionov-Filatov line
That's a major od of ov imo.

Old
11-17-2009, 03:06 PM
KingsCast

Send a message via AIM to KingsCast
Quote:
Possibly. But you have to admit that a high-end young goal-scoring talent doesn't belong on the fourth line with 7-8 minutes of TOI. But I do agree wholeheartedly in making him earn it and teaching him to play two-way hockey.
Really? Purcell is on the fourth-line right now and the Kings are pretty high on his goal-scoring talent. If he played terribly, Murray would be the first guy to stick him with Richardson and Ivanans.

That said, Filatov is a great prospect. But we would not get any better with Frolov out and Filatov in. The time for trading good NHL talent for great prospects should be over by now.....I hope.

Old
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCast View Post
Really? Purcell is on the fourth-line right now and the Kings are pretty high on his goal-scoring talent. If he played terribly, Murray would be the first guy to stick him with Richardson and Ivanans.

That said, Filatov is a great prospect. But we would not get any better with Frolov out and Filatov in. The time for trading good NHL talent for great prospects should be over by now.....I hope.
yes, but Filatov may actually be the type to necessitate consideration for Frolov. there's no age gap between he and Loktionov.

Closed Thread