HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Poached Panthers

Old
11-17-2009, 07:24 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
We've seen enough seasons of Frolov to know that he's not Ryan Smyth. We got Smyth for a reason, and it wasn't because the crease needed more company.

Frolov certainly has the ability to shine on the first line. Whether he actually does or not is up to Frolov. This is a great test for him. He has seen what that first line is capable of producing, and Frolov is capable of putting up Smyth's numbers (or better) if he applies himself.

If Frolov plays to his ability, we won't miss Smyth at all while he's out. Personally, I think we'll be missing Smyth in short order. I hope I'm wrong.

- T
I hope I'm wrong too.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 07:26 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Almost every time Frolov has serviced the top line, he's done a subpar job of it for whatever reason. I'm not sure he has the ability or the will to park in front of the net like Smyth did.
no he hasn't... i've done the research.

god, i sound like jt now.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 07:27 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post

Don't worry. You haven't mastered the use of multi-quote yet.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 08:08 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post

The role of Tom Cruise will be played today by Wabwat. The role of Matt Lauer will be played by Tony SCV:

TOM CRUISE: Matt. Matt, Matt, you don't even-- you're glib. You don't even know what Frolov is. If you start talking about 1st line scoring, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these lines, Matt, okay? That's what I've done. Then you go and you say where's-- where's the proof that Frolov produces on the 1st line? Where's the test that says how much scoring you're supposed to get?

MATT LAUER: You're-- you're-- it's very impressive to listen to you. Because clearly, you've done the homework. And-- and you know the subject.

TOM CRUISE: And you should.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 08:11 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

While I am not ready to label Brad Richardson as the worst player in the NHL, and although I see he is hustling on the ice, I am not jumping on the I LUV BR bangwagon. Not now, not likely ever. If you want energy and hits, I'm going in the other dircetion and voting #13 JZ back on the team. Heck, I'd take Kyle (Hands of Stone) Calder over BR, and they both suck!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Ollie Weeks

Can't help but notice Richie playing extremely well the last couple games with increased ice time- including a good amount of time on the penalty kill. He is by no means a weak link on this team. Get him some actual 4th liners for his wings, then we'll see the fur fly. People who do it for a living, not people put there by default.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Brad Richardson is a decent complimentary player on a 4th line.

Brad Richardson is the best player on the Kings 4th line.

LA Kings have a problem with their 4th line.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 02:19 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
While I am not ready to label Brad Richardson as the worst player in the NHL, and although I see he is hustling on the ice, I am not jumping on the I LUV BR bangwagon. Not now, not likely ever. If you want energy and hits, I'm going in the other dircetion and voting #13 JZ back on the team. Heck, I'd take Kyle (Hands of Stone) Calder over BR, and they both suck!

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 02:25 AM
timmeh

I would looooooooooove to see Oscar Möller again. Probobly mostly because Im swedish, but still. Not like the 4th line have done anything to decrease his chances so why not?

timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 02:54 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Brad Richardson is a decent complimentary player on a 4th line.

Brad Richardson is the best player on the Kings 4th line.

LA Kings have a problem with their 4th line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
OK maybe I went too far with the John Zeiler comparison, but no one can say that Calder couldn't do what Richardson has done. In fact, I think he could have done more. Its just that when I watch the 4th line, I cringe in fear, a feeling I dont often get with this team anymore.

I know stats arent the whole story, but no goals and a minus 8 isnt something to write home to Mom about.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 03:30 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
OK maybe I went too far with the John Zeiler comparison, but no one can say that Calder couldn't do what Richardson has done. In fact, I think he could have done more. Its just that when I watch the 4th line, I cringe in fear, a feeling I dont often get with this team anymore.

I know stats arent the whole story, but no goals and a minus 8 isnt something to write home to Mom about.
I don't think so. Calder was horrible at body position on D. He couldn't kill penalties. He more often than not took Stoll-ish penalties in the offensive zone, AND he got an extended look in the top six. Richardson gets WAY too much hate on these boards.

I feel ya on the fourth line, but Richardson is far from the worst problem this team has. He's not a liability.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote