HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buff/Boston proposal

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by acr
I'm a Bruins fan and have never heard of Jonsson...I'd take Dumont for him anyday!

Read up on the Bruins prospect report.

Old
12-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Arastiroth

This Hecht argument has been going on for a while now. I don't understand how anyone could possibly argue about Darth's position on Hecht. Until last season, he didn't really perform like a second line player. Last season, he looked much more like a second liner then ever before (unimpressive goal scoring, however). He is not a lock to be a 2nd liner for the rest of his career now, however. He had a good season, that shows promise for the future, but that doesn't make anything a given. Hell, Scott Young scored 40 goals and 73 points a few years ago. He was older than Hecht is now, but if Young was 27 at the time does that suddenly mean he's definitely a elite goal scorer? It's called a career year until you prove otherwise. If Hecht was 21, he'd be given more slack as far as expectations, however he's a bit older. While he isn't old yet by any stretch of the imagination, he isn't guarenteed to keep this pace at his age as most players are mostly finished developing at this age (forwards, at least).

Old
12-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Darth Milbury

exactly. And, that is not saying he WON'T do it. Just that it is not a sure thing and, in fact, the odds are against him.

Old
12-11-2004, 01:07 PM
acr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19

Read up on the Bruins prospect report.
You know I was exaggerrating a little, aren't the Bruins much higher on Stuart and Jurcina in terms of defensive prospects?

Old
12-11-2004, 01:20 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr
You know I was exaggerrating a little, aren't the Bruins much higher on Stuart and Jurcina in terms of defensive prospects?
acr- jonsson is an offensive Dman with brilliant skating ability. stuart and jurcina don't come close to matching his upside in that department, although those two should both turn out to be very solid Dmen- stuart with a much higher ceiling.

Old
12-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by acr
ACR!

you Sellout Traitor what brings you here?

Old
12-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
exactly. And, that is not saying he WON'T do it. Just that it is not a sure thing and, in fact, the odds are against him.
I agree with most of what you've been saying about Hecht, except for that. I don't feel the odds are against him at all, in fact they should favor him greatly. I've seen two full years of him now and it seemed a very natural and real progression he has made since he first stepped onto the ice in a Sabres uniform. Of course I'm not sure, but I think he'll keep about the same pace he had last year scoring-wise. However, what all of us Sabre boys like most about him is not what he does on the score sheet, but how his play results in goals and not stats.

If I had to pick one Sabre who I think will be most consistent from opening day to the last game of the season, I'll take Hecht.

And I agree with what the guy above you said in regards to his goal scoring. He isn't a very good goal scorer and never will be. He just doesn't have a great shot or great hands. However, he is a horse when the puck is on his stick... very hard to knock off. His shots often end up as second chances. However, it is very frustrating watching him get so many great breakaways on the PK and not be able to do too much about it... but I suppose more players are in that boat than not.

This is one person who is convinced that Hecht has turned a new leaf last season. He made his first big stride when we got Briere at the end of the 2002-2003 season and played with him and Dumont. It was a great way to close the season but we were left wondering if it'd last. He started the season late due to a broken arm, but it certainly did last, even when that line was broken up.

Not that this is going to convince anyone, and for the purposes of these threads I don't think his trade value is that high (though he's in one of those "more valuable to his team than on the market" situations), but I myself am convinced. And that doesn't even mean I think he'll play out his Sabres days on the second line for sure, given the make-up of our team (our second line basically is our checking line, anyhow). But as far as keeping his numbers up, I wouldn't bet against him.

Old
12-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon
Not that this is going to convince anyone, and for the purposes of these threads I don't think his trade value is that high (though he's in one of those "more valuable to his team than on the market" situations), but I myself am convinced. And that doesn't even mean I think he'll play out his Sabres days on the second line for sure, given the make-up of our team (our second line basically is our checking line, anyhow). But as far as keeping his numbers up, I wouldn't bet against him.
First of all, Rob, let me just observe that it is always a pleasure reading your posts. You are always so balanced, informed, and polite. Even when I don't agree with you, I have to concede that your points are good.

Second, let me be clear about Hecht - I am certainly not "betting" against him. I agree that he has got talent, and has gotten progressively better in the last few years. I do think he MIGHT continue to perform at last year's level. I just think his future is a bit of an open question. But, I definitely agree that he has a good chance to develop into a very useful top six forward.

Old
12-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
First of all, Rob, let me just observe that it is always a pleasure reading your posts. You are always so balanced, informed, and polite. Even when I don't agree with you, I have to concede that your points are good.

Second, let me be clear about Hecht - I am certainly not "betting" against him. I agree that he has got talent, and has gotten progressively better in the last few years. I do think he MIGHT continue to perform at last year's level. I just think his future is a bit of an open question. But, I definitely agree that he has a good chance to develop into a very useful top six forward.
I appreciate that since you're one of my favorite posters.

I think I can sum up how I feel about Hecht this way: If he ends up playing on the third line, I'd be happy as a Hasidic Hebrew on Hanukkah (or as cheerful as a Catholic Christian on Christmas). This is because if someone were to tell me in a year or two Hecht was bumped to the third line, I'd assume it meant some of our young underachieving offensive players (Connolly, Afinogenov, Pyatt) or even younger guys (Vanek, Pominville, Roy) have hit their potential, rather than taking it as meaning Hecht played himself down.

I'm just pretty confident about the guy and I don't get that way often (go ahead and ask me similar questions about anyone else on the team). Either way I think in the end we'll have made out like bandits for the two second rounders we sent Edmonton to get him, especially considering our draft record.

Closed Thread