HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ranger Leaves Team For Personal Reasons (ALL Paul Ranger questions here!)

Old
11-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Whatever it is, we need him back ASAP so none of us have to take a chance watching Kraijeck again this year.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Opus

As per site rules...

Libel
Quote:
Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information which can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 08:39 PM
sonny side up

lol i started this whole thing by speculating he was out due to a certain reason, lol.. oops... oh well.. i hope he comes back asap cause this defense is pathetic with out him, and even his occasional own goal...

heres my real reasoning on why hes gone.. I think the Bucs actually recruited him to play for them just so he could show that team how to score cause god knows they need it. Yeah he has an own goal every once in a while, but thats more scoring than the bucs can do.

sonny side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 10:14 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny side up View Post
lol i started this whole thing by speculating he was out due to a certain reason, lol.. oops... oh well.. i hope he comes back asap cause this defense is pathetic with out him, and even his occasional own goal...

heres my real reasoning on why hes gone.. I think the Bucs actually recruited him to play for them just so he could show that team how to score cause god knows they need it. Yeah he has an own goal every once in a while, but thats more scoring than the bucs can do.
Ranger- starting LB for the Bucs? That solves everything!! And I also feel obliged to give a legal explanation on libel/slander. If you merely state something as opinion, you CANNOT be sued/liable/course of actioned, EVER. So mods, there is no need to delete people's post because they say, "I think maybe this could be happening"...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 10:50 PM
sonny side up

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
Ranger- starting LB for the Bucs? That solves everything!! And I also feel obliged to give a legal explanation on libel/slander. If you merely state something as opinion, you CANNOT be sued/liable/course of actioned, EVER. So mods, there is no need to delete people's post because they say, "I think maybe this could be happening"...
At this point, I think it actually would help.. I mean this team (the bucs) is softer than a sack of down.

Also, I really take no offence to the Mod deleting my post, hell, its probably good that he did we so dont get any stupid <insert eastern canadian team fans> talking crap on the main boards about Ranger.

What is kinda funny though is about a solid quarter of my posts on all the boards (but the Colorado board) have been deleted recently.. I guess my job at BG and making fun of people all day has rubbed off onto my normal way of life and offended some folks.. oh well.

sonny side up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

I wonder if it's personal issues with the team and not with his family or other life.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 04:16 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanYeWest View Post
I wonder if it's personal issues with the team and not with his family or other life.
I doubt it. But whatever it is I hope he returns soon and everything is fine what ever it may be. This team needs him back.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2009, 08:07 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Whatever it is, he better hurry up so we can WAIVE KRAJICEK!

Old
11-03-2009, 08:33 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

C'mon Paulie!

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Ranger wasn't all that good when he was playing, and I think people around here are too hard on Krajicek.

Then again, I've compared Alex Tanguay with Radim Vrbata version 2.0 and many disagreed on that viewpoint, so to each his own.

Seriously, hope whatever is going on with Rang he is okay and does whatever he needs to do to get back to a better place soon. You can tell hes a really good guy.

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2009, 06:36 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Any info on a return date now that Hedman is likely to miss at least a coupla games?

Old
11-07-2009, 11:14 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Any info on a return date now that Hedman is likely to miss at least a coupla games?
If you need an experienced dman, Canadiens waived Alex Henry to go to the AHL Dogs as their captain. He brings experience (177) NHL games, toughness and character. Can be a good 6/7th dman at 10-12 minutes a game and will look out for his teammates.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 11:32 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
If you need an experienced dman, Canadiens waived Alex Henry to go to the AHL Dogs as their captain. He brings experience (177) NHL games, toughness and character. Can be a good 6/7th dman at 10-12 minutes a game and will look out for his teammates.
Thank you for the friendly recommendation But I think our problem is that we have too many fringe defenseman as is, we need to dump Krajicek and let Smaby play. We're not winning a cup this year, we need to let the young d-men develop for the future and see what we've got.

Old
11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
StayThirstyMyFreinds*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
We would rather play Smaby, Lundin, Lashoff and maybe Mihalik then Henry.
I seen him play

StayThirstyMyFreinds* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 12:13 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveSomePieBuddy View Post
We would rather play Smaby, Lundin, Lashoff and maybe Mihalik then Henry.
I seen him play
I'm still pissed that Lashoff is the odd man out. Maybe he can get in a few games if Krajicek mysteriously breaks a leg in the parking lot...

Old
11-07-2009, 12:36 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
I'm still pissed that Lashoff is the odd man out. Maybe he can get in a few games if Krajicek mysteriously breaks a leg in the parking lot...
The will not expose him to re-entry waivers.

gobolt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Acehawk74

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
The will not expose him to re-entry waivers.
He doesn't have to go through re-entries, nor does Lundin.

The maximum salary of an AHL player that a player can be exempt from re-entries is 105K (AHL Salary). Both Lundin and Lashoff are exempt, and do not have to clear re-entry waivers to be recalled, thus the brilliance of the 2 -way deals Lawton got these two to sign. By structuring the deals the way they were, we only had to dodge the waiver bullet going down per se.

Acehawk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 01:42 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehawk74 View Post
He doesn't have to go through re-entries, nor does Lundin.

The maximum salary of an AHL player that a player can be exempt from re-entries is 105K (AHL Salary). Both Lundin and Lashoff are exempt, and do not have to clear re-entry waivers to be recalled, thus the brilliance of the 2 -way deals Lawton got these two to sign. By structuring the deals the way they were, we only had to dodge the waiver bullet going down per se.
I am pretty sure there is a little known games played clause that makes him have to clear re-entry waivers. It is the same reason Lundin was stuck in Norfolk all last year and never recalled.

gobolt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 02:32 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
Lundin was not put on re-call waivers because his AHL salary last year was $105,000 and the floor was $100,000. This year it was raised to $105,000. Since Lashoff makes exactly 105k he does not have to clear.

Quote:
And FYI, neither Lashoff nor Lundin has to clear re-entry waivers. Both will make $105,000 in Norfolk. Players making more than that have to clear re-entry waivers.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...-clear-waivers

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 06:56 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
If he actually showed up to camp, he wouldn't be the odd man out.

Old
11-07-2009, 09:38 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
Yeah Lawton did a good job there. Sent both of them down the day before final rosters had to be submitted as well. They don't have to clear on the way back up, nice work there.

LecavaYeahBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2009, 10:00 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LecavaYeahBaby View Post
Yeah Lawton did a good job there. Sent both of them down the day before final rosters had to be submitted as well. They don't have to clear on the way back up, nice work there.
That was slick, I was disappointed in Lashoff though. He just kind of **** the bed in camp.

Old
11-08-2009, 02:50 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...-while/1050285
Quote:
Tocchet said he exchanged text messages with Ranger but offered no details about why the defenseman was granted an extended leave of absence, though he said he is sure Ranger wants to return to the team.

Old
11-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Jon Jordan

Re: Lashoff and Lundin and re-entries, you guys are correct. I, myself, was confused because of the difference in Lundin's contract, specifically, from last season to this.

He's making less money in Norfolk and is under the threshold that requires re-entry waivers, as is Lashoff.

My bad to anyone I may have misled earlier and good work clearing things up here, gang.

FYI - I posted a poll today in my blog on various recent issues, including the Neil hit on Hedman, the instigator, early season thoughts and some other tidbits.

Please participate, if you have a second.

Link: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jon-J...inion/90/24195

JJ

Jon Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:43 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...ing-in/1052484

Quote:
The last thing Lightning D Kurtis Foster heard from teammate Paul Ranger was positive.

"Keep it going until I get back," Foster said Ranger texted.

"From everything I get from him, he will be back," Foster said. "We're all waiting for the day he will be back. It's not that we deserve an explanation or anything, you just hope he can take care of what he needs to."
Quote:
The defenseman, through the team, has declined interviews. The team, his family and agent also have been mum. Coach Rick Tocchet said he is in the dark, and even Foster, who roomed with Ranger on the road, said he has no clue what is troubling his teammate.

"I didn't see anything coming," Foster said.
Quote:
"He just said he had to deal with some stuff and he's doing okay," Foster said. "When your friend tells you he's doing okay, you just have to trust that and go from there. You hope for the best, and if he does need anything, you're there for him."

Foster said he can understand how some could see Ranger's absence as leaving the team shorthanded, but added:

"In the long run we're hockey players but we're human beings. As cliche as that sounds, we want the best for each other whether it is on the ice or off. If you need to deal with stuff off the ice, we're there with him and behind him. Hopefully, he comes back sooner rather than later because he can really help our team."